White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you looking to shed a few kilos without spending much time in the gym, improve your overall health, or simply adopt a more balanced eating plan? The 1200 calorie Indian diet plan might be just what you need! Don’t worry; it’s not as complicated or daunting as it sounds. In fact, it can be a simple and enjoyable journey towards a healthier you.
Before we dive into the delicious meals you can create in a diet, let’s take a moment to understand the basics.
A Sample 1200 Calorie Indian Diet Plan
The plan is a calorie-restricted eating plan designed to help you achieve your health and weight goals. By consuming a limited number of calories per day, you create a calorie deficit diet, which is essential for weight loss.
But don’t be discouraged by the term “restriction.” This diet isn’t about deprivation; it’s about making smart choices and enjoying satisfying meals while staying within your calorie target.
This diet plan is taking careful amounts and nature of foods for the purpose of boosting the body’s ability to burn fat by providing it with a good amount of food within a calorie budget.
|Meal||What to Eat||Caloric Value|
|Early Morning||Jeera Water (1 glass) + 5 Soaked Almonds||40 Kcal|
|Breakfast||2 Potato stuffed roti||206 Kcal|
|Dahi ( 1 Qtr Bowl )||90 Kcal|
|Mid-Morning Meal||1 glass Milk||168 Kcal|
|Lunch||Wheat Roti – 2 nos||174 Kcal|
|Bhindi fry||73 Kcal|
|Curd – 1 Qtr Bowl||90 Kcal|
|Evening Delight||Milk Chai||73 Kcal|
|Roasted Makhanas||56 Kcal|
|Late evening Snack||Tomato Cucumber Salad||15 Kcal|
|Dinner||Moong Dal without tadka + 1 tbsp Ghee (1 Bowl)||167 Kcal|
|Post Dinner Relish||Chamomile Tea||2 Kcal|
Everybody’s body is different, and the same diet plan doesn’t work for everyone. So, Book A Consultation with us today to get your customized diet plan.
What Is The Suitable Calorie Intake On A Daily Basis?
Determining the suitable calorie intake on a daily basis depends on various factors, including your age, gender, weight, activity level, and specific health goals. The number of calories you need can vary significantly from person to person. Here’s a general guideline to help you understand how to estimate your daily calorie needs:
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): This is the number of calories your body requires at rest to maintain basic functions like breathing, digestion, and cell repair. BMR is influenced by factors like age, gender, weight, and genetics. You can calculate your BMR using equations like the Harris-Benedict formula.
- Physical Activity: Your level of physical activity significantly affects your daily calorie needs. Those with a more active lifestyle burn more calories. Activities like walking, running, swimming, or weightlifting increase your calorie expenditure.
- Goals: Your calorie intake also depends on your health and fitness goals. Are you looking to lose weight, maintain your current weight, or gain muscle mass? Each of these goals will require a different low-calorie meal to lose weight.
Here’s a rough estimate of daily calorie needs for different goals:
- Weight Maintenance: To maintain your current weight, you can generally start with your BMR and add calories to account for your daily activities. This is often referred to as your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE).
- Weight Loss: To lose weight, you’ll need to create a calorie deficit by consuming fewer calories than your TDEE. A common recommendation is a deficit of 500 to 1000 calories per day, leading to a gradual and sustainable weight loss diet of about 1 to 2 pounds per week.
Benefits Of 1200 Calorie Indian Diet Plan
Following this plan benefits you in the below ways.
- Effective For Weight Loss: One of the primary benefits is that it can be effective for weight loss. By creating a calorie deficit, you’re likely to lose weight over time. It’s a structured approach to portion control and calorie reduction.
- Portion Control: This diet teaches you to be mindful of portion sizes, which can be a valuable skill for long-term weight management. Learning to control portion sizes can help prevent overeating in the future.
- Balanced Nutrition: When done correctly, it encourages a balanced intake of essential nutrients. It can help you make healthier food choices and prioritize nutrient-dense high protein low calorie foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Flexibility: There’s room for flexibility allowing you to customize meals based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.
Remember, it’s best to talk to a dietitian to make sure the plan is right for your needs.
Do’s And Don’ts
Here are some do’s and don’ts that you need to follow apart from just reading them:
- Most importantly, this is a calorie-deficit simple meal plan and should not be a way of life. So, it’s better to go for a normal diet plan for weight loss.
- Also, include a bit of exercise (ideally in the ratio of 80:20) along with the diet to gain the most benefit out of this.
- Diet is not difficult to follow at all provided that it is followed with a consistent routine.
- When following a diet like this, it’s crucial to actively limit the consumption of aerated beverages, sweets, and alcohol. Conversely, ensure you actively prioritize adequate daily water intake to maintain proper hydration.
- Staying hydrated is essential, especially when dieting since it might encourage you to limit your snacking and prevent overeating.
- The above diet plan is a sample and should not be followed without first consulting a dietitian in particular.
- Anyone suffering from an eating disorder should avoid starting this diet since it will increase their mental and other health problems.
A Final Take by Filelo
You cannot completely rely only on this diet plan to reduce weight. Physical activity and some healthy lifestyle adjustments must also be put on in addition to this. While a diet won’t work like magic, it is a healthy strategy to lose weight that allows you to cut out bad foods without sacrificing flavor.
It’s a really good idea to talk to a nutrition expert, like a dietitian, to make a special plan that fits your needs and what you like to eat. You can lose weight and stay healthy by eating fewer calories, moving your body regularly, getting enough sleep, and living a healthy life. Making sure you balance the calories you eat with the calories you burn is an important part of getting healthier.
Is Calorie Counting The Best Way To Lose Weight?
A calorie functions as a measurement, akin to a teaspoon or an inch, while fat represents the surplus calories your body stores. When you consume more calories than you require, your body stores the excess calories as fat.
Gurpreet Lost 10 Kgs With Fitelo’s Sustainable Diet Plan
Gurpreet had a true sportsman spirit and followed everything dedicatedly. In just 45 days, she came 10 kgs down and lost a great number of inches as well!
Most of us will agree that digestive biscuits are healthy, but little do we know about the facts. Even if you are consuming calories, it would be better to gain beneficial nutrients through those calories. Check out this post and see how a Besan Ladoo has fewer calories than the so-called healthy digestive biscuits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Are 1200 Calories A Day Crucial When Dieting?
If you want to lose weight, you should either work out rigorously or balance your calorie intake. The diet plan restricts your calorie intake, without being too low on calories.
Are 1200 Calories Too Low?
No, the minimum calorie range that an individual should follow to maintain the minimum BMR level is 1200.
Is The 1200 Calorie Diet Suitable For Everyone?
This may not be suitable for everyone. It’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian before starting this diet, especially if you have underlying medical conditions or specific dietary needs.
What If I Can’t Meet My Nutritional Needs On 1200 Calories?
If you struggle to meet your nutritional needs on a diet, consider consulting with a dietitian who can help you create a balanced meal plan that aligns with your calorie target while ensuring proper nutrition.
How Do I Know If The 1200-Calorie Diet Is Right For Me?
This diet may be suitable for those looking to lose weight in a controlled manner. However, it’s crucial to assess your individual goals, health status, and preferences and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.