White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
We already know that the Immune System is important but people were giving more priority to their look like gaining muscle or losing weight but hardly consider working on their Immune System. Fruits/vegetables having vitamin C are listed below.
In order to boost your Immunity one of the most important Vitamin is Vitamin C. But do you know how Vitamin C builds our Immunity?
1.Fruits/vegetables having Vitamin C helps encourage the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes, which help protect the body against infection.
2. Fruits/vegetables having Vitamin C helps these white blood cells function more effectively while protecting them from damage by potentially harmful molecules, such as free radicals.
3. Vitamin C is an essential part of the skin�s defence system.
4. It�s actively transported to the skin, where it can act as an antioxidant and help strengthen the skin�s barriers.
5. Studies have also shown that taking fruits/vegetables having vitamin C may shorten wound healing time.
Here is our recipe for papaya curd smoothie which is super-rich in vitamin C.
So what is the best and most Common Source of Vitamin C?
No, Orange is not the best source of Vitamin C. Fruits like Papaya, Guava, Amla or Vegetable like Bell-pepper has more Vitamin C than an Orange.
- ORANGE: 53.2mg
- PAPAYA: 95.6mg
- YELLOW BELL-PEPPER: 183.5mg
- GUAVA: 228.3mg
- AMLA: 450mg
Here is a healthy recipe for fresh garden salad that includes yellow bell pepper which are rich in vitamin C.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Fruit Is Highest In Vitamin C?
Ans. Kakadu plums contain up to 2,907 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams, making it the richest known source of this vitamin. Just one plum delivers around 484% of the DV.
Q. How Much Vitamin C Daily?
Ans. An orange or a cup of strawberries, chopped red pepper or broccoli provides enough vitamin C for the day. The recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 75 milligrams (mg) a day for women and 90 mg a day for men. During pregnancy, 120 mg a day are recommended. The upper limit for all adults is 2,000 mg a day.
Most corporates are promoting oranges juices as your one-stop solution to fulfill your Vitamin C requirement but Orange isn’t the best source of Vitamin C.
Moreover, these packaged products are often loaded with Sugar if not preservatives. Try to include fresh fruits/vegetables having vitamin C like Papaya, Amla, guava and Amla etc on the daily to boost your Immunity
Here is our detailed guide on Covid19, weight loss and immunity building.