Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
The almond milk recipe with overnight soaked oats will make you fall in love with oats again. We have twitched the original recipe by replacing milk with a dairy-free option, i.e., Almond Milk. This meal is so refreshing. Combine a few ingredients in a bowl, and place it in the fridge overnight. And there you have it: a delicious breakfast waiting for you in the morning. You can add any berry your wish to get an exotic touch, like cranberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
Overnight Oats: What Are They?
Overnight oats are made by soaking oat flakes, such as quick oats or traditional rolled oats, for the entire night in a liquid such as milk or a plant-based liquid, like in this recipe with almond milk.
The rolled oat flakes have absorbed the liquid after resting in the fridge for a night, creating a creamy consistency similar to oatmeal or porridge, but it is consumed more coldly than the latter.
Overnight Oats are a trending meal with countless flavor options. You can easily make the ideal grab-and-go breakfast by adding your preferred toppings and fillings.
Almond Milk & Oats Ratio
Yes! You have to make sure the ratio is correct to get the proper consistency.
The oat-milk ratio is crucial when making this overnight oatmeal. An excessive amount of milk will result in a thin, watery consistency. Your oats will be very thick if you add too little liquid.
Therefore, ensure the milk-to-oats ratio is typically 1:1. We prefer a runnier porridge-like consistency. Increasing the amount of milk or oats allows you to experiment with the texture you like.
How To Make Almond Milk Recipe With Overnight Soaked Oats
- First, mix all the ingredients in a jar or an airtight container. It creates a creamy, delicious mix.
- Add in any flavorings or mix-ins you want to use. Some examples might be extracts (vanilla, orange, almond, etc.), chopped fruit, nuts, seeds, or sweet spices such as cinnamon or ginger.
- Then secure the lid. Chill it in the refrigerator overnight OR for at least 6 hours. So, the oats and chia seeds absorb all the liquid turning them soft and chewy.
- Afterward, in the morning, stir the oats. Make sure that the mixture is thick and the oats soft.
- Finally, add Maple syrup, give a mix, and dig in!
Health Benefits Of Overnight Soaked Oats In Almond Milk Recipe
Some of the benefits of having these recipes are:
- When you soak oats overnight, it Is almost like you are cooking them, but the process is much longer and slower, and it makes them easy to digest, aids in weight loss, and increases feelings of fullness. Adding nuts and fruits work as icing on the meal.
- Oats are loaded with magnesium, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids, among other things. All of these minerals increase the nutritional value of oats to an enormous extent.
- The natural starch and phytic acid included in oats inhibit the body from fully absorbing the nutrients and may result in stomach issues. Oats become much more nutrient-dense and simpler to digest when soaked in liquid overnight to help break down the starch and reduce the phytic acid.
- Moreover, this contains a good amount of protein. Protein helps promote healthy weight loss.
- Oats are rich in soluble fiber. Soluble fiber is beneficial for the gut because it helps with the effective removal of waste.
Pro Substitution Ideas
I have given you a suggestion of some substitutions that you can pair according to your choice.
Oats: The almond milk to oats ratio used in these overnight oats is ideal for regular oats. But if you use quick oats or instant oats, the consistency will be runny with this ratio. Select oats that have been proven to be gluten-free if you wish to keep this breakfast gluten-free.
Maple Syrup: It is used as a sweetener in this dish. You can also replace it with agave or honey, which works in this recipe. If you prefer, you could prepare your oats without sweetness, but the result would be very bland oatmeal.
Chia seeds: Considering their size, they may absorb a lot of liquid. They aid in achieving a thicker, pudding-like texture for the oats. You can eliminate it or change it to ground flax seeds. But then you’ll need a little less milk.
Almond Milk: For this recipe, we used unsweetened almond milk. If you use sweetened almond milk, adjust the maple syrup accordingly. Alternatively, you may use soy or oat milk, among other non-dairy milk varieties. Coconut milk works great for this recipe.
Yogurt: Like chia seeds, yogurt contributes to the super-creamy texture of the dish. When vegan, be careful to select a plant-based option like soy yogurt or go with regular dairy yogurt.
Vanilla Extract: It can add some delightful, gentle vanilla flavors. This is entirely optional.
Toppings: There are countless topping options for overnight oats, from fresh fruit to creamy nut butter.
Frequently Added Questions
Q: Why Are Almond Milk And Overnight Oats So Popular?
Ans: Almond milk is the sweetest and most flavorless option when substituted for dairy milk, which makes it a fantastic combination for oatmeal.
Q: Do Overnight Oats Help You Lose Weight?
Ans: Yes, eating overnight oats can satisfy you, reduce your cravings for other foods, and help you lose weight.
Q: How Long Do Almond Milk Soaked Overnight Oats Last?
Ans: The overnight oats keep their deliciousness for about five days when kept in a jar with a lid in the fridge.
Q: How Long Should Overnight Oats Soak?
Ans: In a jar or other container, combine the necessary amounts of milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, and toppings. Stir well. Place in the fridge for at least five hours or overnight. If you’d like, add more liquid in the morning.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen Like Oats In Almond Milk Recipe
- Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe
- Oats and Vegetables au Gratin Recipe
- How To Make Oat Milk | Fitelo Healthy Recipe
OUR CUSTOMER STORIES
- Lose weight with our nutritionist for PCOS just like Muskaan did! Join Fitelo
- Read Tareeka’s Weight Loss Story with Our Diet Consultant
- Need Some Help With Weight Loss? Join Now.
- Health Benefits Of Turmeric- The Golden Spice
- Is sweet potato good for weight loss?
- Cinnamon For Weight Loss; Benefits, Tips & Tricks to use it
So, it’s the cozy season coming up. And winters call for a good dose of roasted peanuts, but be cautious while consuming them as they are loaded with fats! So, read this post to know more.
Inspired to transform your life? So, Contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan for weight loss in India. Let us discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss and fitness goals. So, reach out to us at +919402850007.
All recipes from FITELO’S kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. What may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any recipe to your diet.