Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Would you like to explore the flavors of South India that capture the heart and soul of this vibrant region? We have the perfect solution for you – an easy and instant Appe recipe. Appe is soft and fluffy rice dumplings with an aromatic South Indian flavor and contains nutrients. With this recipe, you can prepare healthy Appe within 30 minutes. So, let’s begin!
How Do You Make Appe At Home?
Appe is a popular South Indian recipe made with a rava and rice flour. An appe pan is used for cooking appe that also gives them a round and fluffy shape. With few readily available ingredients at home, you can make them instantly.
Follow the below steps to make Appe for your healthy diet chart:
- Firstly, take rice flour, rava, and salt in a large bowl.
- Then, add curd to it and mix well.
- Now, slowly add water to prepare a smooth, lump-free batter. Also, let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Further, add chopped onion, carrot, chili, a few curry leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Then, mix them well, making sure everything is well combined.
- Before preparing Appe, add eno salt or baking soda and then mix, forming a frothy batter.
- Then, heat and grease the Appe pan with oil.
- Now, pour the batter into molds.
- Also, add a little oil in each mold to get a crispy Appe. Then, cover the Appe pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes or until the dumplings are well-cooked.
- Further, flip gently and cook both sides till brown and crispy.
- Lastly, enjoy crispy Appe with spicy coconut or tomato chutney!
Nutritional Value Of Appe Recipe
This South Indian Rice and Rava Paniyaram recipe is very delicious and provides a balance of essential nutrients.
These fluffy, savory dumplings are a source of carbohydrates from rice and semolina and protein from curd and rava, and they contain dietary fiber from ingredients like grated carrots and chopped onions.
Here is the nutritional value of this recipe:
- Calories: 282 Kcals
- Carbohydrates: 54 gm
- Fat: 3 – 4 gm
- Protein: 9 gm
- Calcium: 88 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
Keep in mind that these values are approximate and may vary depending on the exact quantities and brands of ingredients used.
What Are The Nutritional Benefits Of Appe Recipe?
The ingredients used in this recipe provide a modest amount of nutrition to our bodies. Following are the health benefits of Appe or Paniyaram:
- Low In Fat: The use of minimal oil for roasting makes this dish a low-fat option, suitable for those looking to reduce their fat intake for weight loss.
- Source Of Dietary Fiber: Including ingredients like grated carrots and chopped onions adds dietary fiber, helps in digestive health, and promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Gives Protein: The rice flour, semolina, and curd mix provides moderate protein for muscle growth and repair.
- Provides Calcium: Using curd in the recipe contributes calcium, essential for bone development and overall well-being.
- Iron Rich: Ingredients like semolina and rice flour offer iron, supporting healthy blood circulation and energy production.
- Balanced Carbohydrates: This recipe includes a balanced mix of complex carbohydrates from rice and semolina, providing sustained energy throughout the day.
- Heart Healthy: Moreover, semolina in this recipe serves as a valuable source of iron and magnesium, responsible for producing red blood cells, promoting heart health, and aiding in blood sugar control.
- Antioxidant Rich: Chopped onions, grated carrots, green chilies, and coriander leaves not only enhance flavor but also add vitamins and antioxidants to the dish.
The overall benefits may vary based on portion size, ingredient choices, and dietary needs. While South Indian Appe can be a nutritious snack, enjoy this as part of a balanced diet with other nutrient-rich foods.
Other Appe Recipes From Fitelo
Check out some other variations of Appe from Fitelo’s kitchen that are easy to make and nutritious at the same time.
1.Gluten-Free Green Appe
Green Appe, also known as Paniyaram or Paddu, is a South Indian snack made from moong dal sprouts and urad dal (black gram) batter. It’s a delightful, gluten-free dish and a perfect snack for any occasion.
2. Sabudana Appe
Sabudana Appe is a traditional South Indian dish with soft, gluten-free dumplings made from soaked tapioca pearls, offering a pleasant texture and unique flavor. They are popular during fasting periods and provide a quick meal option.
3. Paniyaram Recipe
Paniyaram, also known as Appe or Puddu, is often served in the South as a snack or breakfast item and is a popular street food. This recipe of Paniyaram is a quick and easy way to make a nutritious snack.
Anuja’s Weight Loss Story – Sheds 21 Kg in 3 months
Anuja from Patiala reached out to Fitelo with her increased weight problems and some medical issues. With our customized diet plan for her, she not only lost weight but improved her medical conditions. Read Anuja’s transformation story to learn how she lost 21 kg in 3 months without visiting the gym or taking any medicines with Fitelo.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Make Appe Recipe Healthier For Weight Loss?
To make them even more weight-loss-friendly, use minimal oil for roasting, choose low-fat yogurt, and load up on vegetables for added fiber and nutrients.
Are Appe Or Paniyaram Suitable For A Gluten-Free Diet?
Yes, they can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free rice flour and ensuring that all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
Can I Prepare The Batter For Appe In Advance?
Yes, you can make the Appe batter ahead of time and refrigerate it, making it a convenient option for busy mornings.
Contact Us Today
Get in touch with our expert team at Fitelo to kick-start your transformative journey! Let us guide you toward your weight loss goals and help you cultivate sustainable and healthy eating habits. So, contact us today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with Fitelo!
This recipe was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The vital thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Therefore, before starting, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long, happy life.