Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Last month, one of our clients, Rajan from Delhi approached us for a weight-loss diet plan. He complained that he had severe indigestion and heartburn throughout the day. He wanted us to work on improving his gut health.
So, on digging deeper into the problem, we got to know that he was consuming apple cider vinegar for weight loss early morning that too an empty stomach, without diluting it.
However, we do not say apple cider is bad or should not be taken, but yes it should be consumed smartly. Imagining how? Well, then let’s read further, to know about this.
WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
Before we learn how to add apple cider vinegar to the diet for weight loss let us know what it is basically. So, in simple terms, apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar that contains acetic acid that is produced by the fermentation of apple juice.
However, it is the name used in the United States and Canada for an unfiltered, unsweetened, non-alcoholic beverage made from apples.
TYPES OF Apple Cider Vinegar
So, here are the types of apple cider vinegar that you should know. Also, we have mentioned to you the cider apple categories by Acid and Tannin.
- Pasteurized/Unpasteurized: The filtered vinegar is also pasteurized and the product is a clear, amber-toned liquid.
- Filtered Apple Cider Vinegar: This has been filtered to prevent the mother from forming inside a bottle of the stuff.
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar: This type contains more probiotics which, therefore, makes it healthier than the filtered one. It has a natural and stronger flavor.
To note: raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized ACV is the best form of ACV to consume.
As per the British categorization, apple cider is a combination of acidity and tannin level, further getting categorized as,
- bitter sharp
|Sharp||>0.45 %||<0.2 %|
|Bitter Sharp||>0.45 %||<0.2 %|
|Bittersweet||>0.45 %||<0.2 %|
|Sweet||>0.45 %||<0.2 %|
Why Apple Cider Vinegar Is Good For Your Health?
So, as said, apple cider is not harmful until had properly. However, there are many benefits of apple cider vinegar and some of the main ones are mentioned right below.
1. Aids In Weight Loss
According to a study consuming apple cider vinegar, twice a day helped people follow a calorie deficit diet and lose a few extra pounds.
Possibly, the acetic acid made them nauseated, which further, caused them to eat less, resulting in weight loss hence, making it a good option to add to your diet for weight loss.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
Apple cider is also a good choice to add to a diet for low blood sugar levels because it helps prevent diabetes and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
As per the research, consumption of this improves insulin sensitivity and reduces blood sugar by 31.4% making it a healthier option for people with diabetes.
3. Kills Bacteria
Vinegar help kills pathogens like bacteria and moreover, some people use vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting, and treating nail fungus, lice, warts, and ear infections.
Also, 2000 years ago, people uses it as a medicine to clean wounds. According to some studies, it inhibits bacteria like E. coli from growing in and spoiling food.
4. Contains Healthy Substances
Apple cider vinegar is first made by exposing crushed apples to yeast, further, which ferments the sugars and turns them into alcohol. Next, adding bacteria further ferments the alcohol, which turns it into acetic acid which is the main active compound in vinegar.
However, acetic acid gives vinegar a strong sour smell and flavor, and as per the research, acid is responsible for apple cider vinegar’s health benefits.
Organic apple cider vinegar contains mother which is a substance, which further, consists of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance.
Also, on the other side, it does not contain many vitamins or minerals, but yes it does offer a small amount of potassium and also, contains some amino acids and antioxidants.
5. Lowers Cholesterol Levels
One of the studies shows that as apple cider boost weight loss it also, further lowers total cholesterol levels and moreover, increases good cholesterol and lowers levels of triglycerides (fats in the blood).
So, yes, the consumption of apple cider vinegar will aid in weight loss and give you other health benefits also.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss
Talking specifically about how ACV can help you lose weight there are a few advantages of it. These are,
- Low In Calories: Apple cider vinegar has less calories, which means 1 tsp of it has only 1 kcal.
- Lowers Lipid Serum Levels: ACV leads to a better immunity by lowering the serum lipid levels, increasing antioxidant levels, and inhibiting lipid peroxidation.
- Increases Satiety: The intake of apple cider helps you lose weight and also, reduces the intake of food.
- Reduces Obesity: Obesity further, causes oxidative stress, further leading to inflammation. However, apple cider help reduce obesity-induced oxidative stress and the risk of obesity-related diseases.
How Can Apple Cider Vinegar Be Harmful?
Every product can have some kind of side effects also, even if it has several benefits to offer, So, is in the case of ACV. Below are, however, listed some disadvantages that you must know before adding this to your diet.
1. Can Delay Stomach Emptying
Consuming apple cider vinegar may slow the rate at which food leaves the stomach, which further can worsen the symptoms of gastroparesis.
Also, it can make the management of blood sugar more difficult, especially for people with type 1 diabetes.
2. Digestive Issues
Apple cider vinegar may help reduce appetite, but also, at the same time cause feelings of nausea. It can also, cause a burning sensation in your body making you feel uncomfortable the whole day.
3. Lower Potassium Levels
excessive consumption of ACV lowers potassium levels which are necessary for bone and cardiovascular health. This can further, contribute to loss of bone density as well.
4. Flush Out Important Nutrients
Yes, apple cider is great for detoxification but also removes vital nutrients and minerals from the body, specifically magnesium and potassium.
5. Burns In Some Parts Of The Body
Excessively drinking vinegar causes discomfort in the esophagus that leads to a sore throat. While there also, have been reports of skin burns occurring in response to attempts to treat moles and infections with it.
Also, for people who are on medications or the intake of insulin, digoxin, and certain diuretics, for them this liquid can be harmful.
So, consume ACV under the guidance of a proper dietitian, nutritionist, or doctor to not go through any of these side effects.
Below is the video by Dietitian Mac that will make you aware of the other side effects if not consumed properly.
How To Consume Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss?
So, there might be many ways to consume this, and you must have already been consuming it.
But did you know, the way you are adding to it your daily life routine, might be wrong as well?
- Surely, most of you must be drinking this early morning empty stomach.
- Or most of you must be drinking this apple cider after every meal.
So, at Fitelo, the expert dietitians recommend that this should be consumed after lunch that too after 15 minutes. You can, however, add apple cider vinegar to your diet in the following ways.
To use apple cider vinegar in salads for weight loss you have to,
- Take 2 tsp of ACV, 1 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of of homey and 1 tsp of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Now add salt, oregaono, parsley, black pepper powder, chilli flakes and fresh mint to it. Mix well.
- For the salad, in a bowl add chopped cucumber, tomato, capsicum, carrot and pear and mix the dressing you had prepared.
- Your weight loss salad is ready to eat.
This is another amazing way of making the use of ACV to lose weight. For this,
- In a jar add sliced 1 apple, 1 pear, small cinnamon and 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Now fill the jar with water, and it is ready to be served.
Apple Cider Smoothie
Presenting a delicious chilled smoothie for weight loss. For this,
- Take 1 chopped small apple, 1/2 chopped cucumber, 1 chopped kiwi, fresh mint, 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp of barley grass and 1/2 tsp of spriluna powder.
- Add all these ingredients in a blender along with some water and blend well. Your ACV smoothie is ready.
For more amazing recipes you can get in contact with our expert dietitians and make your weight loss journey inetresting and easy.
Points To Remember While Consuming ACV
Before consuming ACV, it is important for you to keep in mind the below points. Please go through them.
- Always consume Apple Cider Vinegar after diluting it in 300 ml water.
- Rinse your mouth properly after drinking it, as it is acidic in nature and can also lead to tooth decay.
- If you have gastroparesis, then you should avoid taking it.
- Never take Apple Cider Vinegar on an empty stomach
- Do not exceed the consumption of more than 30 ml quantity per day
- Also, do not consume ACV for more than two weeks in a row.
- Although there is no allergic reaction if you feel or notice something stop its consumption there and there and visit a doctor.
2023 BEST APPLE CIDER VINEGARS IN INDIA
A variety of apple cider vinegar is available in India at the moment. But we have mentioned you the best 10 that you can use.
- WOW Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- HealthVit Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother Vinegar
- St.Botanica Natural Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- DABUR Himalayan Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Neuherbs Certified Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- HealthKart Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- DiSano Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother Vinegar
- Kapiva Ayurveda Apple Cider Vinegar + Garcinia with The Mother
- American Garden Apple Cider Vinegar
Nutritional Value Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are the important nutrients in apple cider as per the 100 g of serving.
|Total Fat||0 g|
FINAL THOUGHTS On ‘Is Apple Vinegar Good For Weight Loss?‘
Apple Cider Vinegar is a decent product if you are looking for weight loss. But, however, we cannot ignore the numerous side effects it holds. Therefore, it is important to know what side effects it can give you and how it can be useful to you. Therefore, Fitelo has mentioned to you the right way to consume it and when to have it if you want weight loss.
Are you feeling unconfident about yourself or feeling demotivated and just want to lie in bed without any hope that you can do it? Or you can get fit, or you can get in shape you want? Well, then this weight loss story will surely inspire you start working towards your fitness goal today. Therefore, watch it now, and get ready for new you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Weight Loss?
A: Yes, it is good for weight loss if consumed properly and in the right qauntity.
Q. Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For People Who Has Diabetes?
A: Yes, it helps lower the sugar levels, making it appropriate for diabetic people.
Q. How Much Should You Consume Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss Per Day?
A: You should however, drink 1 to 2 tsps of it that too mixing it in water.
Q. Is Apple Cider Vinegar Safe To Consume?
A: Yes, it is afe until you are are not consuming excessively and adding to your diet as recommended by your doctor or ietitian. Also, if you are on any medication, it is better you first consult a doctor before consuming it.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.