White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, a proverb from 1913 is still affecting us. Isn’t it? Apple crumble is an easy and perfect seasonal dessert for all ‘Meetha’ lovers in their weight loss journey.
Gratifying your sweet tooth can be challenging in your weight loss journey. But a must-needed recipe for those times when you just want a very short healthy break from your weight loss routine. So, ready to give the apple crumble recipe a try?
- Firstly, wash the apples and peel them. Remove the core and chop the apples into small slices.
- Now, combine the apples, lemon juice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and if desired, the sweetener (dates and raisins- natural sweetener). Spread into the bottom of the oven dish.
- Then, in a blender, place the porridge oats, almonds, wheat bran, and low-fat butter till it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Further, bake it for 30 minutes or cook on simmer, until the top of the crumble is golden brown.
- After this, keep it aside to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Lastly, serve your apple crumble.
Health Benefits of Apple Crumble
Generally, all apple crumble’s ingredients have their own health benefits. Therefore, it is a suitable dessert option for a well-balanced, healthy diet. However, if an individual has diabetes, heart problems, or wants to lose weight, thus you can choose natural sugar like dates and raisins in the version of apple crumble.
- Apple crumble is a great source of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Moreover, it has low caloric content, making it to consider in the diet for weight management.
- Additionally, apple crumble has a fair amount of water, magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
Let’s go through some of the health benefits of the apple crumble:
- Apple contains potentially powerful antioxidants that are effective enough to kill cancerous cells.
- For example, polyphenols significantly altogether reduce the free radicals and cancer-causing cells in the body.
Low Glycemic Index
- Apple crumble has a low value on the glycemic index scale. Such as, rolled oats, and even apples are low in GI carbs.
- This means that it won’t spike your blood sugar levels, so, you can enjoy a small portion even with diabetes and also while dieting.
Wonderful Source of Fiber
- Anyhow, our fruits are a perfect source of fiber. As for the apple, it also provides a sufficient amount of fiber and water to the body.
- Besides apples, rolled oats and what bran are amazing dietary fiber sources. While preparing ensure to retain the apple skin, as it has most of the fiber in it.
Best Time To Eat For Weight Loss
Still struggling with the weight loss issue? What if you are not having your meal at the right time? Interested to find out the answers to these questions? If yes, then watch a detailed video by dietician Mac Singh explaining how to manage your meal time to lose weight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the apple crumble healthy to eat?
Yes, Apple Crumble is a healthy recipe to have! Due to its richness in iron and other minerals, it is one of the commonly consumed apple-based desserts.
What is apple crumble pie?
It is also known as apple crumble pie. It is similar to an apple pie recipe. Yet, allows us to cut 100’s calories.
How do you store Apple crumble before baking?
Cover topping with cling wrap (refrigerate if it’s hot where you are) then crumble over just before baking.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Is upma good for weight loss? Try these Weight loss Upma Recipes
- Health Benefits of Lemon: How to consume it?
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss – Is It Worth The Hype?
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.