Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
It’s raining outside, and you want to eat something crispy and jo health ke liye bhi acha ho? So here is a crispy garlic smashed baby potatoes recipe that is a savory variation on traditional baby potatoes that will have you wanting more!
The Origin of crispy garlic baby potatoes can be traced back to the timeless charm of traditional home-cooked meals and the ingenuity of modern culinary creations. While baby potatoes have ancient roots in the Andean region of South America, their transformation into a crispy delight infused with garlic is a more recent development.
So, check out the recipe now.
How To Prepare Baby Potatoes Recipe?
This is one of the easiest and best baby potatoes recipe and also one of the best ways to cook baby potatoes if you are looking for a healthy snack recipe.
- Start by washing the baby potatoes to remove all the dirt and placing them in a large pot. Fill the pot with water until the potatoes are drowned.
- Now add a pinch of salt and boil it for 10–15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, the potatoes are being prepared, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it with olive oil.
- Once your potatoes are ready, drain all the water and let it dry and cool down, then transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Further, smash the potato, using a bowl or the back of a fork, and gently press down on each potato until it’s slightly flattened. Be careful not to flatten them completely.
- While in a separate mixing bowl, add the minced garlic, dried basil leaves (optional), salt, and pepper. Finally, add the olive oil and give it a mix.
- Start brushing the garlic and oil mix over the smashed potatoes, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven. Bake for at least 20–25 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and garnish by adding freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve the hot, crispy garlic potatoes, and enjoy!
Tip: We are using baby Yukon Gold Potatoes, you can use whichever is available.
This low-calorie baby potato recipe is crunchy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The delicate texture and flavors enhance with the luscious addition of velvety mashed garlic. Which provides a tantalizingly tasty and nourishing alternative to ordinary fried potatoes.
Nutrition Value Of Baby Potatoes Recipe
Below is the nutrition of the recipe. Also, please note that the below is the approximate value as it can vary as per the ingredients and quantity used.
Benefits Of Baby Potatoes
- Low In Calories: Any low-calorie baby Baby Potatoes recipe is a pleasant and lighter alternative. People limit their calorie intake because they have fewer calories than more prominent potato kinds.
- High In Dietary Fiber: Dietary fiber, which is available in baby potatoes is good for gut health and it helps people feel satisfied and full. This can aid in weight management as well.
- Complex Carbs: Baby potatoes are an excellent source of complex carbs, which the body digests gradually.
- Nutrient Rich: Baby potatoes are nutrient-rich and include important vitamins and minerals including potassium, and vitamin B6, and also it is a vitamin C rich food.
- Versatile: Baby potatoes are versatile as we can use them in a variety of dishes, as a side dish, or as an ingredient in salads.
Although baby potatoes might help you lose weight, also, it’s still crucial to use portion control and include them in a balanced diet with other foods.
Types Of Baby Potatoes
There are several types of baby potatoes available, each with its own unique characteristics and flavor, and some of them are the healthiest small potatoes
- Red Bliss: Red-skinned, small, spherical potatoes with creamy white meat and a taste that is a little bit buttery and sweet.
- Yukon Gold: Roasting, boiling, or mashing are all excellent uses for this fruit with its golden-yellow skin, buttery texture, and rich, creamy flavor.
- Marble potatoes: They have a mild, buttery flavor and are small, round, and colorful. They have delicate skin and a sensitive, creamy texture.
- Creamer Potatoes: These are tiny, bite-sized, and come in a variety of colors, including red, yellow, and purple. They are renowned for their creamy texture and delicate flavor, making them ideal for boiling, roasting, or salads.
- La Ratte (French for “fingerling”): Small, elongated potatoes known as common in French cooking. They have a waxy texture and a nutty, chestnut-like flavor.
Here Are Other Potato Recipes Which You Can Try
Here is an amazing transformation of Parth who lost 8 kgs in just 30 days. To know read the full story.
Friend ne bola white rice khana chord do chord diya…..Now you are eating only oats aree before depending on the oats or jumping to any conclusion at least check your facts to know more click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Freeze Baby Potatoes?
Baby potatoes can be frozen, but it’s crucial to remember that after thawing, their texture could soften and change, giving them a slightly different consistency. Their color, texture, and flavor are all preserved when we blanched them before freezing. For optimum quality, keep them in sealed containers or bags and use them within three to six months.
How Do I Store Baby Potatoes?
You should keep your baby potatoes in a cold, dry, and dark place, such as a pantry or cellar. The cold temperature of the refrigerator might cause the starches in the potatoes to change into sugars, which can influence their flavor and texture. Storing them in a cool, dark area helps to preserve their freshness and prevents undesired changes in flavor and texture.
Can I Eat The Skin Of Baby Potatoes?
The peel of newborn potatoes is undoubtedly edible and there are several healthiest baby potatoes available in the market. The delicate and paper-thin skin of baby potatoes contains vital elements including fiber, vitamins, and minerals to be edible. It adds value and texture that the skin adds to your meals by washing them thoroughly before cooking to eliminate any dirt or impurities.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy then the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life