Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Balushahi recipe is a traditional sweet originating from India. It is also called Badusha in South India. Balushahi is a crunchy, sweetened Indian doughnut-like dessert that is a favorite during Diwali, among other special occasions.
Though the texture and taste of the balushahi recipe differ from a doughnut, it is crispy from the outside and soft from the inside, unlike doughnuts, which are soft from the inside out. The Balushahi recipe is moist and a bit flaky on the inside. Also, you can enjoy this delicious dessert on any occasion such as for new year celebrations. Without delay let’s learn about this amazing, mouth-watering dish.
How To Prepare Balushahi
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, 1tbsp of baking powder, and date syrup.
- After this, add desi ghee, whole wheat atta, and yogurt and gently mix to make a dough. Then cover the dough bowl with a cotton cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Make Syrup For Balushahi:
- To begin with, add date syrup, water, saffron, and cardamom to a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- On a low flame, simmer it for 3 to 5 minutes or until you get a one-string consistency. Turn off the flame and set it aside.
Air Fry Balushahi
- Now, preheat the air fryer to 350 for 5 minutes.
- Again, gently knead the dough and make balls (5-7). Shape each ball into a round and then lightly press it down to form a disc.
- On the balls, make a hole through the center with the help of your index finger. This step helps the center cook evenly. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Line the air fryer basket with butter paper. Then, place the balushahi on the butter paper (keep a distance between them).
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 320°F. If the balushahi are not lightly golden-brown, air fry them again at 370 F for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently place the balushahi in the warm date syrup and allow them to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with thinly sliced pista, edible dried rose petals, soaked almonds, and raisins. Then, your balushahi is ready to serve.
Nutritional Value of Balushahi Recipe (Per Piece)
How Fitelo Balushahi is Different from Others?
Let’s go through a few points to know how Fitelo balushahi is different from others:
- No added Sugar: In this dessert, there is no added sugar. We have used date syrup to prepare chashni.
- Maida Free: Balushahi is a famous sweet prepared with the help of maida but keeping health on priority to the readers we have prepared this balushahi only with whole wheat atta which comes along with different benefits.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Vitamin C Rich Food: List Of Fruits And Vegetables With Benefits
- Vitamin D Rich Foods: 7 Best Foods To Include In Your Diet
- Iron Rich Foods: Make Your Weight Loss Journey Easy – Fitelo
We all love good cheat days and we at Fitelo consider cheat days a must! But eating junk on daily basis is in no way good. There is no benefit in eating healthy if you are still eating junk every day. So, follow these tips and tricks by Dietitian Mac Singh and get to know how you can beat your junk food cravings by just doing these simple tips.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today, if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.