Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
In the Indian side dish known as Banana Raita, ripe bananas are mashed and combined with mildly spiced yogurt.
Compared to other raita recipes, banana raita is a special recipe. Yogurt’s creamy texture and the flavor of mashed bananas combine to create a delectable side dish.
With your festive or special weekend North Indian dishes, you can serve this kela raita. Since it is sweet, you can also serve it as a quick and wholesome dessert at the conclusion of the meal.
This recipe for banana raita is vegetarian and contains no gluten. It can also be made vegan. Depending on your needs, the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
How To Make Banana Raita
- Slice the banana into rounds and then arrange the slices in a bowl.
- Now, pour the lemon juice over the slices, cover them with the yogurt then dust with the grated coconut.
- Then, keep it in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- Keep it refrigerated or you can serve it fresh also for a relished taste.
Benefits Of Banana Raita For Weight Loss
Weight loss is not a simple process. It takes a lot of work to maintain a healthy diet and participate in a variety of physical activities.
Many people gripe about their inability to lose weight while eating a balanced diet and controlling their calorie intake.
Curd, which is low in harmful fats and high in protein, is used to make raita. It is the ideal help for weight loss and digestion.
- This simple recipe is a boon for the ones with GERD / Acid reflux.
- Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and several nutrients.
- They contain no fat. Banana deals with your hyperacidity symptoms by protecting the stomach lining from ulcers.
- Bananas are also resistant to starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and also safeguard against colon cancer.
- Yogurt provides almost every nutrient that your body needs.
- It is also high in calcium, B vitamins, and minerals.
- Yogurt also boosts immune health and prevents certain illnesses.
Let’s look into the other important health benefits of adding banana to your raita
1. Banana Raita Will Work As A Memory Booster
Bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid that improves memory and mood regulation and is associated with improved learning and memory.
2. Immunity Booster
Numerous nutrients, including antioxidants that contribute to bettering general health, are found in bananas. It also contains significant amounts of vitamins B6, C, magnesium, and A, all of which are helpful for immune system functioning.
3. Fiber Rich Food
It goes without saying that consuming enough fiber is good for you. The majority of the fiber in a banana is soluble fiber. As a result, this fiber rich fruit may help with the management of blood pressure and cholesterol.
4. Promotes Digestive Health
Due to their high dietary fiber content, bananas provide a number of health advantages, including improved digestion. Unripe bananas include a type of fiber called prebiotic-resistant starch.
Prebiotics, according to research, pass through your large intestine, where they feed and support the healthy bacteria in your gut.
The fruit also boosts the stomach’s bloat-fighting bacteria, and its high potassium content might lessen fluid retention.
5. Repairs Regular Bowel Movement
The non-digestible fibers cellulose, hemicellulose, and alpha-glucans are abundant in bananas. It helps with the return of regular bowel movements and treats both constipation and diarrhea.
Generally speaking, it is based on how ripe the banana is. Additionally, it improves colon health by enabling regular bowel movements by allowing the colon to absorb a sizable amount of water.
Due to their high pectin content and water absorption, they have the potential to produce bulk.
6. Iron Rich Fruit
According to a study, green, unripe bananas (plantain: 0.75 mg/100 g) have a higher iron content than ripe bananas. Additionally, compared to raw bananas (0.33mg/100g), cooked bananas have a higher iron content (0.53mg/100g).
Banana is one of the most frequently produced fruits, making them iron rich fruit. Iron and vitamin B6 help to avoid anemia by assisting in the production of enough red blood cells.
Now, we all know why Minions are huge fans of bananas! Check out the nutritional value.
Banana Raita: A Few Takeaway Pro Tips
- For optimal flavor, use slightly overripe bananas.
- For raita which is particularly creamy, you can drain the yogurt.
- Before serving, chill the raita; it tastes the best cold.
- To make it richer, include extra nuts and dried fruits.
- Instead of mashing the bananas, you might slice them and add them to the raita.
- Make this raita fresh rather than storing it. Making it just takes around 15 minutes, so always make it from scratch.
- In the event that there are any leftovers, put them in an airtight container and eat them within a day.
Instead of eating unhealthy cookies as an evening snack. How about switching it to something healthy? As compared to unhealthy cookies. Having 1 banana can benefit you with 9% Potassium, 33% of Vitamin B6 and so much more.
Gurpreet’s Success Story Will Prove You Nothing Is Impossible
Who said weight loss is difficult when you are a working woman? Well, surely almost every one of you must have the same thought process, right?
We at Fitelo totally disagree with this, because we have amazing and beautiful success stories among which is Palak’s success story.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Have Banana Raita Alone?
Yes, of course, you can! As part of your Summer Diet Plan For Weight Loss, you can add banana raita as a side dish for lunch.
Can Bananas Make You Fat?
Bananas do not make you fat. However, it has a poor reputation because it contains a lot of calories and carbohydrates. Additionally, eating too much of anything causes issues for the body.
What Is The Best Time To Eat Bananas?
The best time to eat bananas is in the mid-morning and right before exercising because they provide a lot of energy. Bananas shouldn’t be consumed on an empty stomach, but they can be included in the morning meal. Instead, eat it with muesli to make you feel more energized.
Do Bananas Help You Lose Belly Fat?
Bananas do not help you lose belly fat. Bananas, however, aid in the development of good bacteria (prebiotics), which improve metabolism because of healthy fibers and suppress appetite. As a result, this metabolism boosting fruit will be super beneficial for weight loss too.
Contact Us Today
We’re never leaving you hanging with doubts, queries, as well as confusing questions. We understand how all this information gets overwhelming as well as a little confusing on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, you can always contact us at any time as our experts are here to guide you 24/7. Also, we will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life