White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Have you ever tried the beetroot halwa? It is a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and nourish your body. With few ingredients, it is easy to prepare and has a lovely pink color. It is also a good source of iron, folate, and antioxidants. Let’s get to this halwa recipe in a few simple steps!
How To Make Beetroot Halwa Recipe At Home?
In this simple and healthy halwa recipe of beetroots, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of transforming fresh beetroots into a mouthwatering Indian dessert. With just a few wholesome ingredients and a little patience, you’ll create a perfect dessert for any occasion. Let’s get started!
- Firstly, heat a non-stick pan or a heavy-bottomed pan and add the grated beetroot. Then, sauté it for a couple of minutes until it releases moisture.
- Then, add the milk to the beetroot and let it simmer on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Further, continue cooking until the beetroot absorbs the milk and becomes soft and tender. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Then, stir in the jaggery or honey and mix well. Also, you can adjust the sweetness as per taste.
- Add the ghee and cardamom powder to the mixture. Keep stirring as the halwa thickens and the ghee gets well incorporated.
- Then, turn off the heat once the halwa reaches the desired consistency and the ghee starts releasing from the sides.
- Lastly, garnish with the chopped nuts of your choice.
Serve the healthy beetroot dessert warm. You can enjoy it as a guilt-free dessert or snack.
Beetroots are lower in calories and rich in essential nutrients, including vitamins (like vitamin C and vitamin A), minerals (such as potassium and iron), and dietary fiber. They are a source of good nutrition for our body. The nutritional content of this wholesome dessert may vary according to the particular ingredients and serving sizes you choose.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving (Approx 100 gm)|
|Calories||150 – 200 Kcals|
|Carbohydrates||25 – 30 gm|
|Sugar||18 – 20 gm|
|Fiber||2 – 4 gm|
|Protein||2 – 4 gm|
|Fat||6 – 8 gm|
|Iron||1 – 2 mg|
Beetroot Halwa Benefits
Beetroots offer numerous health advantages due to their richness in fiber, manganese, vitamin B9 (folate), iron, potassium, and vitamin C. The following are the benefits of this recipe:
- Nutrient-Rich: Beetroot is a nutritional powerhouse, rich in vitamins (like C and A), minerals (such as potassium and iron), and dietary fiber. Consuming beetroot in halwa form allows you to enjoy these nutrients best.
- Antioxidant Properties: Beetroots are rich in antioxidants, especially betalains, which play a role in safeguarding your cells against oxidative harm and promoting overall well-being.
- Heart Health: The fiber, potassium, and antioxidants in beetroots can contribute to heart health. They may help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart-related issues.
- Improved Digestion: The dietary fiber found in beetroots can assist in digestion and facilitate regular bowel movements, which in turn contributes to maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- Low in Added Sugar: Using natural sweeteners like jaggery or honey instead of refined sugar makes this halwa a better choice for those looking to reduce their added sugar intake.
- Healthy Fats: Using ghee in moderation provides a source of healthy fats, which can be essential for overall health, including nutrient absorption.
- Moderate Calories: This healthier version of beet halwa offers a satisfying dessert option with moderate calorie content, making it suitable for those looking to manage their weight.
As everyone’s nutritional requirements differ, enjoying this halwa in moderation is crucial as part of a well-rounded diet. If you have particular dietary concerns or health objectives, it’s advisable to seek personalized guidance from a nutritionist or healthcare expert.
Tips To Make The Perfect Chukandar (Beetroot) Ka Halwa
We are sharing some tips to make this recipe in the best possible way so that you can enjoy this ‘chukandar ka halwa’ to the fullest. Just follow these tips below when you are making this halwa:
- Choose Fresh Beetroots for the best flavor and color. Fresh and firm beetroots will provide a more vibrant and sweet taste.
- Grate the beetroot evenly to allow it to cook uniformly. Use the fine side of a grater for a smoother texture.
- Cook the grated beetroot on low heat to avoid scorching. Stir in between to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Use a Non-Stick or heavy-bottomed pan for cooking the halwa to prevent sticking and burning.
- Adjust the sweetness according to taste by adding jaggery or honey gradually to avoid over-sweetening.
- Use ghee in moderation to keep the dish lighter. You can reduce the quantity of ghee as per your preference.
- Add a pinch of cardamom or a touch of saffron, which can enhance the flavor and aroma of the halwa.
- Garnish with chopped nuts like pistachios or almonds for added texture and a delightful crunch.
- Always serve warm to enjoy its taste to the fullest. Reheat it gently if necessary before serving.
- Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients like grated coconut, nutmeg, or even a dollop of yogurt for a unique twist.
With these tips, you’ll be on your way to creating a delicious and healthy beetroot or red beet halwa.
Other Halwa Recipes From Fitelo’s Kitchen
Discover more delectable halwa recipes from Fitelo’s Kitchen, perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings and enjoying diverse flavors.
1. The Sooji Halwa Recipe
This quick-to-make Sooji halwa recipe is ready in just 15 minutes! It’s not only delicious but also doubles as a delightful breakfast option or a satisfying post-meal dessert. Plus, you can enjoy this guilt-free without worrying about any negative impacts on your health.
2. Apple Halwa Recipe
This delightful apple halwa is a traditional Indian dessert that’s surprisingly easy to prepare. With only a handful of common ingredients, it comes together in minutes. The outcome is a warm, creamy, lightly spiced, sweet delight that will surely please your palate.
3. Gajar Ka Halwa
From festive gatherings to special occasions, this Indian dessert is a cherished part of every moment. Presenting our take on gajar ka halwa with a healthy twist, allowing you to savor this traditional sweet without guilt while maintaining your weight loss goals.
4. Pumpkin Halwa Recipe
Adding dried fruits elevates the appeal of sweet pumpkin halwa, making it both nutritious and delectable. This healthy dessert is so irresistible that even those who aren’t pumpkin fans won’t believe it’s the star ingredient.
Davinder’s Fat To Fit Transformation In Just 80 Days
Davinder, a 34-year-old mother from the UK, approached Fitelo for an online nutritionist consultation to address her concern about weight gain. With a focus on healthy, home-based meals by our experts, Davinder led to an impressive weight loss of 11 kilograms. Read her transformation story below:
Did you know that traditional modak has 4 times less fat than dark chocolate? Yes, The same amount of Dark chocolate had approx 2 times more calories than a medium ukadiche modak. Even the modak is less in sugar than dark chocolate. So, treat yourself with healthy ukadiche modak for your sweet tooth!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Canned Beets For Making This Halwa?
Fresh beetroots are good for better flavor and color, but you can use canned beets if fresh ones are not available.
How Can I Make Red Beet Halwa Without Dairy?
You can replace normal dairy milk with almond milk, coconut milk, or any other plant-based milk and use vegan ghee or coconut oil for a dairy-free version.
Can I Prepare This Beetroot Dessert In Advance For A Party?
Yes, you can make this halwa a day or two in advance and reheat gently before serving.
Is Beetroot Or Red Beet Halwa Suitable For Diabetics?
Using jaggery or honey in moderation can make it a better choice for diabetics, but portion control is still essential.
Contact Us Today
Get in touch with our expert team at Fitelo to kick-start your transformative journey! Let us guide you toward your weight loss goals and help you cultivate sustainable and healthy eating habits. So, contact us today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with Fitelo!
This recipe was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The vital thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Therefore, before starting, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long, happy life.