Beetroot Khichdi recipe – A vibrant, healthy, and easy recipe. Also, a very good option for the picky little eaters.
- Start by rinsing the soaked rice and moong dal with enough water.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Once hot, add hing and then cumin seeds.
- Once it starts sizzling, add beetroot.
- Then, sauté for a minute or two.
- Drain the water from soaked rice and dal and add to the cooker.
- Sauté for a minute and add 1/4 tsp salt. Stir and add 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the lid and serve the khichdi piping hot.
- Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect.
- It also promotes better blood flow to the brain thereby, improving cognitive function and thus reduces the risk of dementia.
- Beets are a good source of fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health.
- Beetroot is also a nutrient-rich vegetable packed with iron.
- Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, thus having a blood pressure-lowering effect.
- Beets also have several anti-inflammatory effects.
Looking for yummy and healthy recipes?
Our Inspiring Customer stories
𝙊𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙛 ‘𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙨’ 𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙡𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚. We compared a bag of lays with two Apples. So, read this post to check out the shocking reality.
Looking for a massive transformation? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online diet consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume this Beetroot Khichdi recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.