If you are looking for a quick, easy, and exciting twist to your favorite bell peppers, look at our Bell pepper zest recipe!
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tsp. olive oil or butter, and then sauté the garlic, and green chili over medium heat.
- Add the red, orange, and yellow peppers. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onion, and lemon zest to the pan. Continue cooking until the peppers are slightly tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, add the lemon juice and serve hot.
- Bell Peppers are full of health benefits. They’re packed with vitamins and are low in calories! They are also associated with reducing cholesterol and lowering blood sugar.
- Also, Bell peppers are mainly made up of water and carbs. Most of the carbs are sugars, such as glucose and fructose. Bell peppers are also a decent source of fiber.
- Bell peppers are also very high in vitamin C. Like other fruits and vegetables, bell peppers may have many health benefits. These include improved eye health and reduced risk of anemia.
- Bell peppers, especially the bright-red ones, are high in antioxidants and low in starch.
- Moreover, as compared to spicy peppers, sweet bell peppers contain the chemical compound capsaicin, which is known to help reduce inflammation and potentially even pain.
Here are some of our exciting recipes you can give a try :
Which fruit comes to your mind when we say Vitamin C? For most of us, the answer will be orange. And, What if we tell you that orange is not the best source of Vitamin C. Click here to read which fruit has the highest Vitamin C.
For any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to take this Bell pepper zest recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.