Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Day in and day out, we speak about the watermelon benefits of consuming water, primarily for weight loss. The good news here is that water is found in every form and in every food item. The coolest one of those is watermelon. But are you aware of the benefits of eating watermelon?
This cool delight is always held in a central place in our hearts. Be it providing weight loss benefits or being a chilling buddy in the form of refreshing watermelon slushes and mojitos at the parties. This cool dude has done it all.
But do you know? Do watermelons have a lot more to their credit?
Let’s trail down to know more…
Watermelon Benefits And Weight Loss
Owing to its composition i.e. 90 percent of a watermelon’s weight is water, it’s one of the best fruits to eat if you’re trying to lose weight.
A 100-gram serving contains only 30 calories.
It’s also a great source of an amino acid called arginine, which helps burn fat quickly.
In addition to helping the body stay hydrated, snacking on watermelon will help you feel full so you won’t have cravings between meals. Let’s get to the Benefits Of Eating Watermelon.
1. Your Workout Companion
- Helps Relieves Muscle Soreness
Citrulline, an amino acid in watermelon, may reduce muscle soreness. It’s also available as a supplement. Interestingly, watermelon juice appears to enhance the absorption of citrulline.
- Reduces Inflammation Due To Exercise
Exercise causes oxidative stress in the body. In simpler words, exercise produces free radicals, the bad guys of the food world. Now, these bad boys have the capacity to cause cancer in the body.
So how do we tackle these?
By consuming antioxidants. So, where can we find antioxidants?
Watermelon contains antioxidants that help eliminate free radicals from the body. Removal of free radicals helps you lose weight as well.
Fat is actually a defense mechanism employed by the body when you consume excessively processed food. These processed foods contain free radicals. In order to protect your body from these toxins, fat acts as a layer.
Now when you consume foods like watermelon, you end up getting rid of these toxins which in turn help you lose weight.
2. Immunity Builders
- Vitamin C has been in the limelight ever since the pandemic struck us. And the good news we want to give you is that watermelon is also loaded with vitamin C.
- Also, the consumption of vitamin C is associated with a boost in immunity.
Vitamin C increases the number of white blood cells in your body. Moreover, the increase in these warriors makes your body more prepared for fighting infections.
3. Improve Your Heart Health
- Lifestyle factors, including diet, may lower your risk of heart attack and stroke by reducing blood pressure and also your cholesterol levels.
- Moreover, Lycopene may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It can also help prevent oxidative damage to cholesterol.
4. Good For Skin And Hair
- Two vitamins in watermelon — A and C — are important for both skin and hair health.
- Vitamin C helps your body make collagen, a protein that keeps your skin supple and also your hair strong.
- Vitamin A is also important for healthy skin since it helps create and repair skin cells. So, without enough vitamin A, your skin can look dry and flaky.
- Both lycopene and beta-carotene may also help protect your skin from sunburn.
5. Improves Digestion
- Watermelon contains lots of water and also a small amount of fiber — both of which are important for healthy digestion.
- Fiber can provide bulk for your stool. And, water helps keep your digestive tract moving efficiently.
- Thus, eating water-rich and fruits and vegetables, including watermelon, can be very helpful for promoting normal bowel movements.
6. Keeps You Hydrated
- Drinking water is an important way to keep your body hydrated.
- However, eating foods that have a great water content can also help. Interestingly, watermelon is 92% water.
- That’s not it, a high water content is one of the reasons why fruits and vegetables help you feel full.
- The combination of water and fiber means you’re eating a good volume of food that too without a lot of calories.
Ways To Enjoy The Benefits Of Eating Watermelon
There are a number of ways in which you can consume watermelon.
1. Slice them and enjoy them chilled.
Try out our Watermelon Salad recipe.
2. Make a nice juice or smoothie out of this cool dude.
Enjoy our Watermelon Chia Slush Recipe
3. Make it more exciting by making a popsicle out of it.
Try out our in-house watermelon ice cream recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If You Eat Watermelon every day?
Ans. Watermelon is rich in lycopene, but if you’re eating a lot of it every day, you could potentially become a victim of nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, and bloating
Q. What Does Watermelon Do for the Body?
Ans. It has a very high water content and provides nutrients like lycopene, citrulline, and vitamins A and C. Studies suggest that this sweet, red melon may even boost heart health, reduce muscle soreness, and decrease inflammation, though more research is needed.
Like we said weight loss is no rocket science. It just requires you to eat the right food in the right quantities. Watermelon is one of those foods. The high water and fiber content in watermelon make it an excellent weight-loss food. Thus, it not only keeps you full but also provides you with the benefits of a number of micronutrients. Adding to that, it prevents deficiencies.