A healthy heart keeps us away from diseases and worries. Making us happier and energetic, a healthy heart allows us to spend much more quality time with our loved ones. So, with the right lifestyle, what plays a major role to keep our heart healthy is diet. It’s not only about a single meal or a specific one. But, a healthy heart requires attention to our daily meals i.e. to what we eat, in how much amount, and in what way! If all this is done in the right manner, that’s how the best diet plan for heart patient would work.
Through this article, we aim to help people to make heart-healthy food choices. Also, to make them understand what is good or bad for their health.
Let’s get started with the best diet plan for heart patients.
How To Prevent Heart Diseases
For a healthy heart, not only choosing a healthy meal plan or best diet plan for is important, but knowing which food to avoid and pick is equally vital. Hence, little and basic things can make huge differences in your life. So, we are here to assist you throughout the process. We have listed out the important tips which can help you to prevent heart disease.
Lets scroll to know more about best diet plan for heart patient
1. Have High Fiber-High Protein Diet
- A diet for heart patients should include enough soluble fiber, because it helps in lowering the bad cholesterol that is LDL cholesterol.
- On the other hand, proteins are essential nutrients for the growth and maintenance of the body.
- So, enough protein allows the body to perform a variety of important functions.
2. Choose The Right Oil
- Fried foods raise the risk of heart disease and stroke too. That’s why a diet plan for heart patient never includes fast food.
- Furthermore, Hydrogenated vegetable oils are particularly harmful. They produce huge amounts of trans fats, which aid inflammation in the body.
- Thus, Groundnut oil, rice bran oil, safflower oil, and canola oil can be suitable choices.
3. Decrease Your Salt Intake
- For a cardiac patient, the most important thing is to limit salt intake.
- Because sodium intake increases the risk of heart disease and heart failure.
- If you are following a diet plan for a heart patient, then skip the raw salt.
- Even when cooking food, keep an eye on the salt amount.
- NOTE: Apart from salt, Fresh herbs and healthful spices, in addition, can add flavor to your food.
4. Include Fenugreek Or Methi In Your Food
- The magical herb Methi is rich in protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and minerals also.
- Fenugreek is also a rich source of iron, magnesium, and manganese.
- The dried Methi or its powder is one of the best ingredients to include in a heart-healthy diet.
- Moreover, it is helpful in the prevention of heartburn.
5. Control Your Portion Size
- A diet plan for heart patient must include portion restriction in each meal.
- Next, try to don’t keep on eating until you completely feel full.
- And, never consume food directly from a packaging or container. Always use small bowls or plates to measure the food.
6. Switch To Healthy Eating
- Firstly, It is pointless to follow a heart-healthy diet, if you don’t have control over your snacking.
- Fried snacks can ruin all your hard work. So, try nutritious snacks recipes at home.
- Prefer baked, boiled, steamed, and roasted snacks over fried ones.
- Say goodbye to fruit-flavored or so-called packed healthy items.
- And better to concentrate on fruits and also on sugar-free homemade fruit juices.
7. Stick To Correct Patterns
- If you are on a diet, you should also eat at an appropriate time.
- Set a schedule for each meal and stick to it.
- Because dietitians plan diets with the right pattern and time in mind.
- When you follow the routine, then the following diet will be much easier.
8. Stay Physically Active
- PROPER DIET+EXERCISE = WONDER TO THE HEART
- Hence, Exercise is just as important as diet to lead a life with a healthy heart.
- Even a small walk or easy exercises daily is good for a heart patient.
9. No Smoking, No Drinking
- Drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes increases the speed at which arteries stiffen up.
- And it leads to higher blood pressure and a higher risk of heart disease also.
- Apart from this, Smoking also influences cardiovascular health.
Best Diet Plan For Heart Patient
The food we eat has a big impact on our heart health. Even a lot of exercise and medications on time doesn’t work unless our focus is on appropriate food.
Thus, a diet plan for heart patient should majorly consist of vegetables and fruits. Therefore, smaller portions of whole grain food and lean protein sources should also include.
So, we have just listed out the one-day diet chart for heart attack patient. This meal plan includes heart-healthy food, which is provided to assist you with the best meal selections. So, with the help of this, people can choose the right food. Hence, they will learn to manage meal portions, the time gap between the meals to protect the heart for long, and lead a healthy life. Let’s have a look:
Meal Plan For Heart Attack Patients/Best Diet Plan For Heart Patient
Early Morning Meal/Meal 1
- Elaichi water
- Veg Daliya
Mid Morning Snack/Meal 3
- Milk Tea without Sugar
- Wheat Roti with Veg (less or no oil)
Evening Drink/Meal 5
- Hot water with 5 soaked almonds
Evening Snack/Meal 6
- 1 wheat Atta Roti with cure
Late Evening Snack/Meal 8
- Hot water
11 Foods To Eat If You Have Heart Disease And Following Best Diet Plan For Heart Patient
Take care of your Heart with these 11 Superfoods. Add these to your food cart and lead a heart-healthy life.
- Black Beans.
- Dark Leafy greens like Lettuce, Spinach, Mustard Greens, and Fresh Herbs.
- Fish: Salmon and Tuna.
- Flax seeds
- Fruits: Orange, Avocados, Cherries, Blueberries.
- Nuts: Walnuts and Almonds.
- Sweet Potato
Foods To Avoid On A Heart Disease Diet
Say bye to these below-listed foods, if you are following the best diet plan for heart patient.
- Sugar, Salt
- Bacon, Red Meat, Egg noodles
- Pizza, Burger, Hot Dog
- Soda, Alcohol
- Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and packaged dressings
- White bread, Cornbread, Quick bread
- Muffins, Frozen waffles
- Cakes, Doughnuts, Pies
- Buttered popcorn
- High-fat snack crackers
Everything About Heart Attack Disease
Let’s scroll to know everything and best diet plan for heart patient.
What Is A Heart Attack?
A heart attack occurs when something blocks the blood flow to the heart, and then the heart cannot get the required oxygen. This blockage may usually cause by a buildup of fat, cholesterol, and other substances. This is also known as Inflammation or atherosclerosis. Also, these substances create plaque in the coronary arteries that supply the heart.
So as a result, this plaque can break and generate a clot and stop blood flow. Also, this interrupted blood flow can harm or kill a portion of the heart muscle.
Symptoms Of Heart Attack
A Heart Attack is a medical emergency. So, everyone needs to know the symptoms and warning signs that indicate a Heart Attack. Here these are:
- Discomfort, pressure, weight, tightness, squeezing, or discomfort in the chest, arm, or beneath the breastbone.
- Back pain, jaw pain, throat pain, or arm pain.
- Fullness, indigestion, or choking (it may feel like heartburn).
- Sweating, nausea, vomiting, or dizziness.
- Moreover, severe weariness, anxiety, or shortness of breath.
- And fast or irregular pulse.
Women are more prone to experience the following symptoms, so to follow best diet plan for heart patient is necessary
- Unusual exhaustion.
- Breathing difficulty.
- Vomiting or nausea.
- Lightheadedness or dizziness.
- Moreover, Discomfort in your stomach. It might be indigestion.
- Neck, shoulder, or upper back discomfort.
- Also, you may not detect any symptoms of a heart attack in some cases (a “silent” myocardial infarction). Diabetes patients are more likely to experience this.
Heart Attack Symptoms Are Not Same In All, They Vary
- Not everyone who has a heart attack experiences the same symptoms.
- Some people experience modest pain, while others experience severe pain.
- Even some show no signs of illness.
- For others, the initial symptom could be a cardiac arrest.
- Although some heart attacks occur unexpectedly, many patients have warning signs and symptoms hours, days, or weeks in advance.
- The first sign could be recurring chest pain or pressure that is Angina. It can be caused due to exercise and eased by rest. Production of Angina is by a brief reduction in blood flow to the heart.
What To Do In A Heart Attack? What is the Best Diet Plan For Heart Patient?
It’s really important to act immediately in this emergency. So what to do, if someone is having a heart attack or having symptoms like that. Hence, here are the tips that can help to treat heart attack patients at home also.
1. Call 100 Or The Local Emergency Number In The Area
Don’t ever ignore the signs of a Heart Attack. Try to call an ambulance or emergency vehicle. If chances are less, then try to contact a neighbor or friend who can take you to the nearest hospital. Keep in mind that the one having symptoms should drive only when no other choice is left. As it can put themselves and also others in danger.
2. Swallow Or Chew Aspirin
While waiting for assistance, chew and swallow an Aspirin. It prevents blood from clotting. Also, it may minimize cardiac damage. But if you are allergic to Aspirin or the doctor has restricted taking it, then don’t take it.
3. Have Nitroglycerin
If prescribed by the doctor, then use Nitroglycerine. If you think that it is a heart attack and your doctor has already prescribed it before, then take it while waiting for medical assistance.
4. CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
If the victim is unconscious or not breathing, not finding the pulse, then try the lifesaving technique. Start CPR to keep the blood flowing. Now push firmly and fast on the person’s chest in rapid rhythm. About 100 to 120 compressions each minute.
Diet Tips To Remember After Heart Attack
- Limit your daily salt intake to less than 2.5 grams.
- Oily foods should be avoided. Instead, go for steamed or boiled.
- Throughout the day, eat lesser portions of meals.
- Focus on a lot of fruits and vegetables for extra fibers.
- Take omega 3 fatty acid supplements or eat food rich in that.
- Choose whole grains over processed and refined grains.
What Should A Heart Attack Drink?
When it comes to healthy heart drinks, there is none better than water. It’s the basic need actually. But other than water, more drinks to consume in moderation are:
- Decaffeinated Tea or Coffee
- Unflavored or unsweetened milk
- Matcha or Hibiscus Tea
- Citrus Water
Cut down sugar drinks and alcoholic drinks.
Dietitian For Heart Attack Patients
The Lifestyle we lead and the diet we have, influence our heart health to a great extent. No doubt, it is difficult to avoid all the unhealthy food and drink in one go, but we can make better choices. And a perfect health coach can help us throughout. So here is the best dietitian for heart attack patients.
Dietitian Mehakdeep Singh (Dt. Mac Singh)
The founder of Fitelo, Dietician Mac Singh’s own weight loss journey, is an inspiration for all. The journey was full of difficulties, but he didn’t give up. In spite of the slip disc, Dt. Mac lost 62 kg with the knowledge he gained from following a sustainable diet. He has changed thousands of lives by suggesting natural foods.
Milestones, Fitelo has achieved so far:
- 100+ dietitians, doctors, and mind coaches.
- 15000+ Transformations.
- 3000+ Reviews on Google and Facebook.
- 5 lakh+ followers on Social Media.
Why choose Fitelo?
Because Fitelo provide best diet plan for heart patient.
- The multidisciplinary team of doctors, dietitians, and fitness trainers works together to create unique plans for you.
- On the whole, all the diet plans are natural.
- Next, no medicines or supplements suggestion.
- And your diseases and allergies, everything is considered.
- Furthermore, With Fitelo, you can carry the gym and a dietitian in your pocket. In brief, we customize plans based on your specific needs.
Contact: 094028 50007
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION NOW with the best dietitian for heart attack patients.
A healthy heart will bring things into your life that all the money in the world couldn’t get you. Start each day with a grateful and healthy heart. So, seeking out heart-healthy foods can be the best defense against Heart complications.
So, follow best diet plan for heart patient and make these 7 steps your habit.
- Give up Smoking and Alcohol
- Get Active
- Cut down on salt
- Manage your weight
- Eat more fiber
- Replace packaged food with homemade ones
- Focus on fruits and vegetables
Ultimately, the best thing you can do to keep your heart healthy is to treat it well. Be kind to it.
More Blogs For You Like Best Diet Plan For Heart Patient
- High Blood Pressure Diet Plan
- Best Nutritionist for Weight Loss in India
- Health Mistakes Fit People Make
Our Customer Stories
- Read How Davinder Lost 8 kgs with FITELO’s Nutritional Plan
- From Chubby to Fit transformation// Checkout how Smriti pulled it off
- Here’s How Our Online Weight Loss Coach Helped Manik
Exciting Recipes To Try
Do you know a seed that helps immensely with weight loss and also can keep your heart healthy. It is nothing, but a miraculous and common ingredient hidden in your kitchen. It’s METHI. Let’s Readout much more about it.
Are you looking for a massive transformation? If yes, then for any query or in case you are looking for an online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long healthy life with a happy heart, balanced diet, and healthy lifestyle.
The most important thing we can do to save our hearts from diseases is to be aware of causes and risk factors. This blog post best diet plan for heart patient was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care of your heart.