Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
A cup of green tea is a cup of peace for people who have it after enjoying unhealthy food. From teenagers to aged people, green tea is had by all. It has become one of the most popular beverages for weight management nowadays. Almost every company has started selling green tea with its own brand name varying in benefits. Well, for some, it is genuinely a healthy drink and for some, drinking green tea is more of a status symbol. Yes, it is helpful in weight loss but it is also important to take an appropriate diet with it. Apart from helping you lose kilos, there are also other benefits of green tea. But do you know which is the best green tea for weight loss? If not, now you will.
What Is Green Tea?
As a fact, people know green tea just as a weight management source. Hardly anyone would have bothered to know what is green tea? or how it is made? or which is the best green tea for weight loss?
Green tea is made from a plant called ‘Camellia Sinensis.’
The leaves of this plant are steamed and pan-fried and then they are allowed to dry. Additionally, it’s able to maintain important molecules called polyphenols as green tea is not fermented. This is the reason why green tea has several benefits.
Best Green Tea For Weight Loss
In a kitchen boiling a cup of water and adding a green tea bag is easy and quick, isn’t it? But have you ever thought about whether it really benefits you in weight loss or weight management? Well, as a fact, it does not. While loose green tea is far better than tea bags. read the following reasons to know why.
Loose Tea Is the Best Green Tea For Weight Loss
Well, nowadays almost every brand is selling green tea. They might differ in colour, flavours, and benefits. However, people usually prefer to buy a box of green tea which have sachets and are easy to make. But have you ever thought about loose green tea? Why are people selling loose tea in shops? This is because loose tea is the best green tea for weight loss. Yes, loose tea is considered to be more beneficial and healthy. Let us read the benefits of loose green tea and know why it is better.
1. Loose Tea Is Of Higher Quality
The green tea that comes in packets is usually mass-produced. They are made using dust, fannings and the tiny bits of tea left over from the production of loose-leaf tea. While the loose tea is of better and higher quality.
2. More Fresher
While loose tea is all fresh, the tea bags of green tea are not. This is because it travels from different locations and great distances before it reaches supermarket shelves. This makes them less fresh.
3. Tastes Better
Tea bags of green tea usually have low grades of tea, tea dust, broken or fannings. This does not make them taste better than loose tea and usually have a bold and astringent taste. While loose-leaf tea has more room to expand and infuse the water with its many vitamins, minerals, and aromas. This property makes it the best green tea for weight loss.
4. Loose Green Tea Is More Diverse
The best part of loose tea is that it is diverse, which is why it is the best green tea for weight loss. This means that loose teas like oolong, white tea, yellow tea, or fermented tea each reflect their cultivars, climate, geography, and production.
5. Better For The Environment
Moreover, most tea bags are not compostable and if they are then there are no efforts put in to compost them. Whereas, loose leaf tea reduces the amount of packaging and is directly thrown onto the compost heap.
6. More Healthy
Loose tea is more healthy as it is made of fresh leaves and has strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They further, contribute to your overall wellness keeping you healthy. Whereas, the tea bags during their production, lose their essential properties like catechins. This is because dust and fannings are over-exposed to the environment which makes them lose their freshness. Therefore, loose green tea is the best green tea for weight loss.
Best Green Tea Brand In India For Weight Loss
The best green tea for loss that Fitelo suggests is either ‘Twinnings Green tea’ or ‘Organic Green Tea.’ Know why!
1. Twinnings Green Tea
Fitelo suggests Twinning and organic be the best green tea for weight loss because of the following reasons.
- We suggest Twiining green tea as has a huge range of green teas like beautiful premium loose-leaf options, and even an indulgent dessert-inspired collection.
- Twinning features green tea with added vitamins and minerals to give you a delicious helping hand with your everyday well-being.
- Moreover, in terms of health, quality, and phenolic percentage, Twinning tea provides the best.
- Also, according to the study Twinings green tea products are above average in quality, which attributes to both processing and packaging practices.
2. Organic Tea
Organic tea as the name says is 100% organic. This means it is produced without the use of any synthetic chemicals, herbicides & fertilizers. making it the best green tea for weight loss. Moreover, also passed the standards for consumer safety and is environment-friendly. Moreover, this tea is the best organic green tea for weight loss.
Following are some benefits of organic green tea:
- A cup of organic green tea helps relieves stress. It, however, maintains cortisol levels, regulates blood flow, and helps in soothing agitated nerves benefiting your body.
- Most importantly, organic green tea boosts your metabolism further helping you in losing weight. Antioxidants, like Catechins present in it, break down the lipids, and having it with an appropriate diet helps you lose extra fat.
- Green tea detoxifies the body and reduces uric acid levels that further, prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Organic green tea contains flavonoids that help the breakdown of harmful elements in the arteries. This, therefore, reduces the occurrence of heart attacks.
Benefits Of Green Tea
Green tea benefits your health if consumed in a proper way, not in excess. Consuming it on daily basis for weight management can be a wrong practice. Homemade green tea doesn’t harm, but so-called healthy ones can. So, choose wisely. Let’s find out the benefits of organic or homemade green tea apart from weight loss.
1. Green Tea Boosts Metabolism
- Drinking green tea is a great way to boost your metabolism as it has catechins that are metabolism-boosting flavonoids.
- However, if you have a good metabolism, your body will burn more energy. Further, helping you lose excess body weight.
2. Prevents Acne
- Green tea apart from helping in lose weight also prevents acne. It has Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which is one of the major catechins that help keep your skin free from pimples.
- It, however, influences the production and actions of hormones that helps in acne breakouts. Moreover, it helps to detoxify and has anti-inflammatory properties that keep acne at bay.
3. Green Tea Has Anti-Aging Properties
- Green tea, particularly made from loose leaves, is a great source of antioxidants such as catechins. These are the molecules that benefit the healthy, further, slowing down ageing and guarding against disease.
- Moreover, according to research green tea is superior to black tea in terms of antioxidant capacity.
4. Anti-Allergy Benefits Of Green Tea
- Green tea contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which provides relief from certain types of allergic reactions.
- Moreover, according to the study green tea is especially useful for reducing the symptoms of an allergic reaction to cedar pollen.
5. Anti-Cancer Effects
- Catechins are the most essential and beneficial compounds in green tea that are responsible for protecting cells against DNA damage which could lead to cancer.
- Apart from this, green tea also prevents the development of certain cancers like stomach cancer and oesophagus cancer.
6. Improves Cardiovascular Health
- The most essential benefit of green tea is that it helps keep the heart-healthy. According to the studies, green tea reduces the risk factors for diseases, which includes improving total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Also, it helps increase the antioxidant capacity of the blood, which protects the LDL particles from oxidation.
Side Effects Of Green Tea
Although green tea has several benefits, it has also some side effects.
- Green tea might lower the iron content. This is because it contains a pigment named epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which binds iron in the blood.
- This further might lead to anaemia and reduce your haemoglobin count.
2. Drug Interactions
- Green tea contains caffeine that stimulates your nervous system. However, consumption of green tea caffeine interacts with certain medications leading to adverse effects or complications.
- Moreover, it contains Vitamin K which can effectively be harmful to people having bleeding disorders.
3. Triggers of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- People suffering from IBD (inflammatory bowel disorder) should avoid the consumption of green tea. This is because the EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) binds with iron restricting the inhibition of an enzyme named myeloperoxidase.
- Further, leading to inflammation in inflammatory bowel diseases and other symptoms, including stomach pain and vomiting.
4. Harmful For Pregnant Woman
- Drinking excessive green tea during pregnancy may impact both the mother and the foetus. As it can increase the heart rate by causing hypertension in mothers.
- Further, as it contains caffeine it increases urination, resulting in loss of body fluid and dehydration.
- Therefore, it is essential, especially for pregnant women to consult a doctor or dietitian to know the right quantity of consuming green tea.
5. Low Potassium Levels
- Overconsumption of green tea lowers potassium levels because caffeine has diuretic properties, flushing salt content from your body.
- This leads to potassium deficiency, which can prove fatal in many ways. For example, it can cause weakness in muscles, lead to cramps, altered heartbeat, and even paralysis.
6. Liver Toxicity
- Drinking green tea in excess makes the liver release enzymes to break down or metabolize caffeine. It disturbs the smooth functioning of the liver by exerting a load on it.
- Also, the caffeine present in it harms the liver cells and results in liver toxicity, which can cause jaundice and urine discolouration.
Recipes For Best Green Tea For Weight Loss
Drinking green tea every day in the same form sometimes becomes boring. So, Fitelo presents you a green tea with a chilling twist.
- Orange Rind
- Mint Leaves
- Green Tea Bag
- Ice Cubes(optional)
- In a pan add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Now for a flavour add the orange rind, ginger, mint leaves, and green tea bag for about 3-4 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and add ice cubes if you want.
- Enjoy Iced Green Tea Latte Chilled.
Which Is The Best Tea For Bloating
Bloating is quite common nowadays. People suffering from bloating tend to drink or eat the wrong foods to control and prevent this problem. But they end up with zero results. So, Dietitian Mac has a perfect recipe for a tea that will help you keep away the bloating with just a sip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is It Ok To Drink Green Tea Every Day?
Ans. Yes, it is safe to consume green tea every day but in moderate amounts. However, drinking green tea more than 8 cups is unsafe.
Q. Who Should Not Drink Green Tea?
Ans. Although green tea is a safe drink for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding, children under the age of 2, and people with kidney disorders, heart conditions, stomach ulcers, and psychological problems should avoid taking green tea. Also, people suffering from glaucoma, anaemia, liver disease, osteoporosis, and diabetes should also avoid it
Q. What Is The Main Benefit Of Green Tea?
Ans. The best benefits of green tea are it promotes weight loss, blood sugar regulation, disease prevention, and exercise recovery.
Q. Is Green Tea Beneficial With Lemon and Ginger?
Ans. Yes, it is quite beneficial as it helps increase the pH of your stomach and digestive enzymes which in turn helps boost your metabolism and in turn lose weight. Additionally, drinking green tea with lemon which is the best fat burner and ginger helps detox your body due to the high fiber content found in ginger.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Chana Chaat: High Protein Snack For Weight Loss [Step By Step Recipe]
- Chicken Nuggets Recipe: KFC Style Homemade Snack [Non-Fried]- Fitelo
- Bhindi Fry Recipe: Bhindi Ki Sabji For Weight Loss [Crispy And Cruncy]
This might surprise you, but beautiful flowers of ‘lavender’ can also be consumed. Yes, you can use the leaves of this flower to make a hot lavender tea and see the magic. Apart, from its soothing fragrance, lavender helps calm the nerves and decreases the feeling of anxiety and depression.
Contact Us Today
Your search for a weight loss consultant ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
Yes, green tea helps you with weight loss. But it is also important to take it with a proper diet. Every time eating unhealthy food and then drinking green tea will, however, not help you in weight loss. Green tea should be consumed but as per the quantity suggested by your dietitians. Fitelo, also suggests the brand of green tea along with its benefits that you can purchase. Additionally, as discussed, it is better to opt for loose green tea rather than the packets as they are more healthy.