Black Bean Soup Recipe is a homemade soup with no added flavour or preservatives.
- Heat the water (or oil, if preferred) in a soup pot or large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Then, cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent.
- Now stir in the jalapeño, carrot, red bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until vegetables are soft, about 7-9 minutes.
- Pour in the beans and broth. Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Then, cook until the beans are soft and the broth has lots of flavors, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend about half of the soup, still leaving the whole beans intact.
- Blend more for a smoother texture or less for a chunkier texture, depending on preference (this step is optional)
- You can also blend half in a regular blender. But make sure to let out the steam, to prevent a soup explosion as it gets very hot. Then, pour it back into the soup pot.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro and taste test to see if it needs more salt or pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
- Also, for an even heartier soup, add in brown rice or quinoa! (this step is optional).
- This soup is low-fat and low-sodium but high in fiber.
- Black beans contain plant compounds called flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Combined with veggies this soup helps to give more nutrients, flavor, and great texture.
- Black beans are low in sodium and contain potassium and calcium. Thus it ultimately decreases blood pressure.
- Also, the fiber content in the soup plays an important role in weight loos.
RECIPES FROM OUR KITCHEN
- Weight loss Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Turai Rice Soup Recipe
- Quinoa veg soup
- Grilled chicken with creamy broccoli soup:
Can you which is guess the most commonly used spice worldwide as the natural and fastest fat burner? No idea ? Stop with the guesses and read this post to know what are we talking about 😉
BLOGS KA PITARA
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss – Is It Worth The Hype?
- Makki ki roti with Sarson ka Saag = Weight gain ?
- Gluten-free: Myth or Fact?
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume this Black Bean Soup Recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.