Earl Wilson rightly said, “Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the coffee break”. Black Coffee isn’t just a beverage but more of an emotion. So, is Black coffee for weight loss? ☕☕
Be it keeping you up while completing assignments in college, to becoming a way to bond with someone to even helping you get through a long, boring meeting after lunch, coffee has done it all.
The scope of this blog covers the nutritional value, the benefits, and the risks associated with excessive consumption of black coffee.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF BLACK COFFEE
Black coffee is rich in antioxidants, which can fight cell damage and reduce your risk of serious health conditions like cancer and heart disease. It is packed with the goodness of vitamin B2, caffeine, and magnesium.
A serving of black coffee i.e. 8 ounces contains 2 calories, of fat, protein, carbs, fiber, and sugar, and 0.5 mg of sodium.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLACK COFFEE
Besides warming your hands during winters, people ask us generally, is black coffee good for health? Given below are a few health benefits associated with drinking black coffee.
1. HELPS WITH WEIGHT LOSS
- Black coffee is rich in caffeine, which helps stimulate metabolism and increase energy levels.
- Being a low-calorie drink, it does not contain fats or cholesterol, hence does not lead to weight gain.
- It also helps slow down the production of glucose from meals.
- It increases urination, which helps reduce water retention in the body.
Please note- Black coffee if taken during weight loss should not be taken with any additives. That means no milk, no sugar, no cream, as all benefits discussed would be nullified.
2. WORKOUT BUDDY
- Caffeine stimulates our nervous system, which stimulates increased production of adrenaline which prepares the body for physical exertion.
- Black coffee also makes an excellent post-workout drink, owing to its antioxidants.
- The free radicals generated in the body post-workout are counteracted by antioxidants present in black coffee.
3. A DIABETIC’S FRIEND
- Black coffee also helps slow down the production of glucose from meals and hence does not increase blood sugar levels rapidly.
4. HELPS PREVENT CANCER
- Owing to its high anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, black coffee is highly helpful in the prevention of cancer.
5. HELPS PREVENT ALZHEIMER’S RISK
- Drinking black coffee is especially beneficial for people of older age as it helps prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXCESSIVE CONSUMPTION
1. CAUSES STRESS
Overdose of black coffee may release greater amounts of stress hormones in the body which may cause you to feel, anxious, jittery, and nervous.
2. CAUSES INSOMNIA
Excessive consumption of black coffee causes insomnia and affects the body’s sleep cycle as well. Owing to this reason, consumption of black coffee is not advisable before going to bed.
3. CAUSES MALABSORPTION OF MINERALS
High caffeine content causes hindrance in the absorption of calcium, iron, and zinc.
4. CAUSES DIGESTIVE ISSUES
Rich in acid and caffeine, black coffee can give you acidity, heartburns and may even cause constipation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is acceptable while following a dieting plan: coffee with milk or without ?
There is more than one way to answer this question.
Why? Do you wonder?
Well, that’s because it depends on the standpoint.
Which form of coffee is healthier with or without milk, depends on what is your purpose for drinking it.
- Regular brewed coffee with milk as opposed to regular coffee without milk is healthier if you are worried about calories and fat only. Black brewed coffee has under 10 calories in a 12 oz serving and basically zero fat. Depending on which milk and how much you add, the caloric and fat intake will increase accordingly. Figure 90 calories in 1 cup of nonfat milk.
- If the caffeine content is what bothers you, then brewed coffee usually has a little more than espresso- simply because you are consuming a higher volume of liquid that has been steeping in the ground coffee for a longer period of time. Comparably, espresso drinks like lattes (mostly milk) and Americanos (mostly water), are diluted with milk or water and only steep in the coffee grounds for about 20-25 seconds. If you stick with the regular espresso dosing for the size of drink you order you will probably be about even with caffeine content.
2. When is the best time to consume coffee?
- The best time would be after meals as it suppresses the increase in blood sugar levels. Post-workout is also a great time to pour yourself a cup of black coffee as the antioxidants in coffee would get rid of the free radicals generated.
- Also avoid waking up to coffee, as caffeine stimulates the nervous system which can cause a sudden shock after being in a calm state all night.
Black coffee is a highly popular beverage around the world that possesses several advantages to its benefit. However, the claimed benefits are only provided when taken in the right quantity. Over-consumption may lead to several issues such as increased stress and anxiety, acidity, low rate of mineral absorption, and disturbed sleeping routine, hence moderation is the key. People usually ask us where can they reach out for a customized dieting plan to lose their excessive kilos and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Our details are mentioned below. We are just a message or a call away 🙂
- Website – https://fitelo.co/contact-us/
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number – +91 9402850007
Thus, we would request you to stay indoors and stay safe. We are updating more guidance on how to stay safe, what to do when a family member or even you get infected. Also, keep checking our blogs and also our social pages to stay updated about the latest fads in town.