White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Hey! It’s winter time, which means it’s time for our favorite vegetable of the season. Carrots! This root vegetable is everyone’s favorite for winter recipes, like gajar ka halwa or carrot cupcakes, carrot salad, and many more. While we all love and relish carrot dishes, it is also one of the best vegetables for health and weight loss. Carrot Benefits not only the eyes but overall health. It is enriched with the goodness of iron, vitamins A, K, and vitamin C. So let’s learn more about this winter superfood.
This winter season, increase carrots in your diet and see the difference in your health. You must be wondering how carrots can help with overall health. We are unfolding new aspects of carrots that you didn’t know existed!
7 Effective Carrot Benefits For Overall Health
However, let us see how carrots will help you lose weight in no time and also contribute to your overall health! Here are a few advantages of carrots that must not be aware of:
1. Good For The Eyes
- Carrots are an excellent natural remedy for better vision. Also, doctors suggest you consume carrots in case of poor eyesight.
- However, this is because carrots are a rich source of vitamin A. Carrots are also rich in antioxidants like lycopene which maintains a healthy vision at night.
- Moreover, they are good for eye health and protect against AMD due to the presence of beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
2. Help You Lose Weight
- However, carrots are low calorie food.100 grams of carrots will give you only 40 calories.
- In addition, carrots are loaded with dietary fiber. Fiber not only helps with digestion but also stimulates the functioning of bowel movements.
- Also, the fiber present in carrots keeps you full for long and curbs cravings. One of the best weight loss tips is to add carrots juice for weight loss.
3. Adds Glow To Your Skin
- However, the carotenoid component present in carrots is responsible for glowing and wrinkle-free skin.
- Also, carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which protects your skin from sun damage and even repair the skin barrier.
4. Carrot Benefits Diabetic People
- Carrots are also non-starchy vegetables. Starch is harmful to people with high blood sugar levels.
- Moreover, it is a vegetable that has a low glycemic index, which means it is perfect to be consumed by people prone to or suffering from diabetes.
5. Carrot Benefits Boosts Your Immunity
- Carrots are excellent to build a solid immune system because of their Vitamin A content. For one thing, vitamin A helps the white blood cells of our body to fight against foreign particles that damage the immune system.
- Besides vitamin A, carrot has a rich antioxidant profile which helps reduce body inflammation.
- Moreover, carrots are also rich in vitamin C which keeps your immune system healthy.
6. Lowers Down Your Cholesterol Level
- Also, according to the USDA, if you regularly consume 2 carrots a day, you can lower your cholesterol levels up to 10-0%.
- Moreover, this is due to the soluble fiber present in carrots, which stimulates the excretion of bile juice that contains cholesterol.
7. Carrot Benefits Your Bones and Teeth
- Furthermore, carrot vegetable benefits your bone, gum, and teeth by strengthening them. Also, the vitamins present in carrots especially vitamin A helps to protect our tooth enamel.
- Besides researchers found that minerals present in beta-carotene and vitamin K1 are found in carrots which support the health of the jaw bone by protecting it.
Carrots Nutritional Value
Below are carrots nutritional facts that you should you need to know:
Carrot Recipes For Weight Loss [Winter Edition]
Here are Fitelo top 5 best carrot recipes that you must try this winter season.
- Carrot Kheer: This carrot kheer is healthy and low in calories. It is rich in nutrients and can be your guilt-free indulgence as there is no processed sugar added.
2. Carrot Salad : This Carrot lemon salad recipe is a delicate balance of raw carrot, sweet lemon juice, olive oil, peanuts, and herbs. Moreover, the raw carrots benefit in the best ways possible combined with the sweet lemon.
3. Carrot Halwa : Here is our version of gajar ka halwa with a little healthy twist for you to enjoy this Indian sweet guilt-free and without compromising on your diet.
4. Carrot Fries : This recipe for Carrot fries is perhaps the most effortless of all. So, if you want to manage your weight and still enjoy fries, oven baked carrot fries recipe is the one for you!
5. Carrot Juice : Fitelo has for you the Carrot Celery Juice Recipe which is sure easy and quick to make. It is a perfect choice for the people on their weight loss journey and also who want be feel energetic.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can we eat carrots every day?
Adding carrots to your diet can fulfill your daily dose of vitamin A and also many others nutrients and there are no such proven disadvantages to eating carrots on daily basis.
2. Can carrot benefits weight loss?
Carrot contains more than 80% water and also they are very low on calories therefore they are good for weight loss.
3. Is it okay to have carrots on an empty stomach?
Eating carrots in the morning can improve your digestion and the fiber content in carrots will also keep you satiated.
Want to make some winter snacks for binging? Try our low-calorie sattu laddu recipe which is high in protein and fiber and also mouthwatering in taste.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.