Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
In North India, mostly in Punjab, the weekends tend to be the busiest days of the week, especially for the ladies. As they spent most of their time in the kitchen preparing the loved meals which include rajma rice, chana masala recipe, kala chana masala recipe, paneer curry, etc. If you are in love with Indian curries, then definitely you will love this restaurant style chana masala recipe. So, let’s learn how to prepare simple, quick and tasty chana masala.
About Chana Masala
Channa masala is one of the famous curries of North India made with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, Indian spices, and herbs. Chana in English is called ‘chickpeas’ whereas ‘masala’ is called ‘gravy.’ So, chana masala is nothing but chickpeas simmered in spicy gravy. Chana masala recipe is mainly cooked in the Punjab region with different styles. So, it may vary from mild to spicy taste.
How To Prepare Chana Masala
- To Pressure Cooking Chana:
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 1-2 cups of chickpeas and soak them in water for overnight or at least for 8 hours.
- Then, the next morning or after 8 hours transfer the soaked chickpea to a pressure cooker.
- Add salt as per the taste and water accordingly (at least 2-3 cups so that they get soaked deep).
- Now, pressure cook for 8-9 whistles or until the chana is cooked well.
- Prepare Chana Masala Recipe: Gravy
- To begin with, take a large kadai, heat 2 tbsp desi ghee and saute 3 pod cardamom, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, and 1 bay leaf until the spices turn aromatic.
- Now, add 2-3 medium size onions, 1-2 green chili, and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Saute it until the onions turns golden brown.
- Further add 1 Tbsp garam masala, homemade chana masala, and salt as per the taste. Now, saute the mixture on low flame until it turns aromatic.
- Then, add 1-2 Cups tomato puree (Grind fresh tomatoes) and mix well. And saute until the oil separates from the masala paste.
- Now, add pressure-cooked chana to the prepared gravy and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until all the flavors are well absorbed.
- Finally, garnish your chana masala recipe with freshly chopped coriander. You can serve it with hot steamed rice, roti, or puri.
So, here is the nutrition vale of chana masala recipe: Per serving (8)
|Total Energy||140 Kcal|
Health Advantages of Chickpeas
So, here enlisting a few perfect benefits of chickpeas in chana masala recipe for health. Let’s have a look:
- Help To Weight Loss
The health advantages of chickpeas’ weight loss are incredible. They are perfect to lose weight without compromising on nutrition levels. Also, roasted chickpeas are considered as perfect snack for weight loss. So, you can include them in your weight loss journey.
- Rich In Protein
Chickpeas are the perfect source of plant-based protein, which makes them an excellent food for vegetarians. Thus, the presence of protein in chickpeas may help promote fullness and keep your appetite under control. In addition, chickpeas are one of the high fiber foods which help in preventing constipation and keep your gut strong.
- Good For Heart Disease
Chickpeas contain a bunch of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that help protect our hearts. In addition, chickpeas do not contain any cholesterol due the presence of fiber in them. So, try to include them in your regular diet.
- Prevent Diabetes
The presence of fiber and protein in chickpeas prevents blood sugar spikes. Also, the low glycemic index of chickpeas helps to control blood sugar levels. In addition, chickpeas have zinc, vitamin B, and magnesium all have the tendency to reduce the risk of Type-2 diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Difference Between Tikka Masala and Chana Masala?
Ans: Tikka Masala can be of two types of paneer tikka or chicken tikka. Both chicken and paneer are marinated with creamy and slightly spicy sauce. On the other hand, chana masala is also a very similar dish to tikka masala but made with chickpeas.
Q: What is the Difference Between Garam Masala And Chana Masala?
Ans: These spice blends are very similar and make great substitutes for one another when necessary. In fact, many chana masala recipes use garam masala instead of a separate chana masala spice mix.
Q: Is Masala Chana Good For Weight Loss?
Ans: Yes, chole or chana is very healthy. Thus, it has fiber and a complex carb which is healthy for weight loss, diabetes, and the heart. Also, you can this masala for other delicious weight loss recipes for dinner or lunch.
Q: Difference Between Chana Masala And Garam Masala
Ans: In both chana and garam masala the spice blends are very similar. Both are great substitutes for one another when necessary.
Q. Which Is The Best Time To Lose Weight?
Ans. To know your answer watch this short video and know which season is best for weight loss:
Who doesn’t like Lays, Kurkure, Uncle Chips, etc.? But have you ever wondered what they are doing to our bodies? So, here, let us make a small comparison between these western snacks and our desi snack, “Roasted Channa.”
Contact Us Today
So, are you looking for a proper guidance and consultation on your weight gain or weight loss problems? If yes, then Contact Us Today and be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories. Our expert will help you attain your long-term fitness goals here.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.