Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Good things come in small packages – the same is true of chia seeds and flax seeds. that are also extremely small yet power-packed with nutrients and minerals. We have brought to you the complete information you need to know about flax seeds nutrition, chia seeds benefits, which one among them is better for weight loss and how can we include them in our daily diet for weight loss.
What Are Chia Seeds Benefits And Nutrition Value?
Due to their soluble fiber content and water-absorbent shell, chia seeds are filling and can help keep you satisfied for longer, all while keeping you hydrated. Also, just 28 grams of chia seeds account for 8–10 grams of fiber!
- 2 tsp of Chia seeds contain 64% more potassium than a banana, 41% of your daily fiber, and 32% of your daily magnesium.
- Chia seeds benefit women having hormonal imbalances like PCOD.
- Great for diabetes patients
- Does chia seeds help you to lose weight? This is the question of many people. Yes, it helps you to lose weight because of its nutritional value.
- Help reduce discomfort caused due to menopause and help regularize the menstrual cycle,
- Reduce high cholesterol levels.
- Treat constipation and IBS.
Nutritional Profile Of Chia Seeds
Ways To Include Chia Seeds In Your Meal For Benefits
Chia seeds are good for many health benefits as we discussed. Chia seeds for weight loss also show a good result. Let’s find out how to eat chia seeds for health benefits.
1. Chia Seed Pudding: You can make simple chia pudding with your favorite milk. You can enjoy this delicious pudding as breakfast or snack.
2. Smoothies: If you are a coffee lover too, why not try a coffee chia smoothie? Perfect for your morning coffee time.
3. Homemade Drinks: You can also add chia seeds into your homemade healthy drinks to maintain a good level of cholesterol.
4. Instant Breakfasts: Do you skip breakfast due to the morning rush? We have your back, you can try this healthy and tasty breakfast idea.
These are a few ways, how you can eat chia seeds in your diet. You can also try chia seed water in which chia seeds are infused in water for some time before consuming it.
Flax Seeds And Its Benefits
Flax seeds are also known as linseeds. They are small seeds from the flax plant (Linum usitatissimum). They have been used for centuries for their nutritional and health benefits. Flax seeds are available in both golden and brown varieties and are consumed in different forms, such as whole seeds, ground seeds, or flaxseed oil.
- Flax seeds are one of the best based sources of essential omega 3 fatty acids. They are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Omega 3s also help in lowering the low density lipid cholesterol level.
- These seeds contain compounds called lignans, which help in hormone balance in the body.
- The combination of fiber, protein, and healthy fats in flax seeds can also help weight loss too.
- The mucilage content in flax seeds (a gel-forming substance) can help soothe the digestive tract and provide relief from digestive discomfort.
Nutritional Profile Of Flax Seeds
|Total Fat||3 gm|
Ways To Include Flax Seeds Into Your Meal
- Sprinkle them on top of smoothies, yogurt, shakes, salads, and even kheers.
- Grind flax seeds with other ingredients to make chutneys.
- Make seeds and nuts laddu using Flax seeds and other ingredients.
- Add ground flax seeds to your chilla batter.
- Add flax seeds to sabzi and dals.
The outer layer or shell of flax seeds contains phytic acid which is an antinutrient that blocks the absorption of minerals like iron, calcium, zinc, etc. So, make sure you lightly roast the flax seeds, then grind and store them in an airtight container, preferably in a fridge for 10-15 days for future use.
Apart from this, the outer shells of flax seeds make it difficult for the juices or enzymes of your intestine to break down, so when you eat them in whole form, they pass through without getting absorbed. So, consume them as a powder to ensure maximum absorption of the nutrients.
Chia Seeds Vs Flax Seeds
Flax Seed Is The King Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Flaxseeds beat chia seeds when it comes to Omega 3 fatty acids content 2 tablespoons or 20 g of flax seeds contain 4563 mg of Omega 3 fatty acids whereas the same amount of chia seeds provides 3566 mg of the same!
But Chia Seeds Have More Fiber Than Flax Seeds! We agree. But do you know that out of the total fiber content, flax seeds contain 33% soluble fiber, whereas chia seeds contain only 7-15% of the same? Soluble fiber promotes smooth bowel movement by mixing with water and increasing the bulk of the intestine, slows down the digestion process and thus, helps keep your stomach full for a longer period.
Flax seeds have another advantage over Chia seeds when it comes to antioxidant levels. This is because they contain up to 15 times more lignans (a type of cancer-fighting antioxidant) than chia seeds. Lignans are plant-derived phytoestrogens that behave like estrogen (female hormone) inside the female body. This is the reason flax seeds are specifically beneficial for women.
Bottomline – Chia Seeds vs Flax Seeds Which Gives More Benefits
That’s definitely what we would “NOT RECOMMEND”. Both chia and flax hold their importance and have different and unique nutrition profiles.
- Flax seeds boast of an upper edge when it comes to the amount of PROTEIN and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- On the other hand, chia seeds have more fiber and a lesser amount of fat and calories compared to flax seeds.
- Flax seeds have a higher amount of potassium, copper, thiamine, and magnesium.
- Chia seeds contain more calcium, zinc, iron, and selenium.
Therefore, we recommend you include both flax as well as chia seeds in your diet as both of them offer great benefits to not just aid weight loss, but also for general health, heart health, hair, and skin.
Which of these has more omega 3 in your opinion, A omega 3 capsule, 2 tbsp of chia seeds or 2 tbsp or flax seeds? If you think the capsule has more omega content then click here to find out the correct answers.
The Gurpreet story will make you realize that nothing is impossible. She put on weight because of her professional lifestyle. After she got in contact with us, the help of our expert support and her undying willingness helped her achieve her goal. She lost 7.8 kg in 30 days! Find how she did it!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Use Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Adding chia seeds to water is one of the simplest ways to incorporate them into your diet. To prepare chia water, let 1/4 cup (40 grams) of chia seeds soak for 20 to 30 minutes in 4 cups (1 liter) of water. You can squeeze a lemon, lime, or orange or add chopped fruit to your beverage to add taste.
How Many Chia Seeds Can I Consume Each Day to Lose Weight?
Your daily use of one ounce of chia seeds can support your weight loss goals. Chia seeds include 10 grams of fiber in an ounce. According to research, increasing your fiber intake can help you lose weight.
Can I Consume Flax Seeds In Summer?
Although flax seeds have a hot potency/nature, one can still consume them in a restricted amount. Consume a lot of water with it, have it in soaked form, and reduce the amount to half of what you were consuming during winter.
What happens When You Consume Too Much Flax Seeds?
Overconsumption of flax seeds can lead to bloating and gas, upset stomach, and constipation. Pregnant women must avoid taking flax seeds because it is hot in nature. Avoid taking flax seeds if you are taking blood-thinning medications like aspirin.
It is important to note that every individual’s dietary needs and preferences are unique. It’s essential to consult a registered dietitian before introducing something new to your meal plan based on specific macronutrient goals and nutritional needs. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you make healthier and better food choices. So be aware and take care. The most important thing to consider is your health before starting any diet. Always seek advice from a doctor or dietitian if you have any concerns before starting.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long, happy life.