Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
A little, twist to the normal roti is what makes this recipe even more exciting. Even kids would not say no to this green treat which is loaded, with nutrients so this Chicken Kathi Roll recipe is a must-try.
Moreover, this is the best option that you can serve your family, friends invited for a sleepover, or guests invited for dinner.
This is a completely healthy, juicy, and delicious recipe that you serve with tangy chutney, mint chutney, or green chutney.
So, let us begin with the method.
How To Make Chicken Kathi Roll?
So, before we start let us first know how to prepare roti for it.
- Firstly, place a pan on medium flame and add some water to it. Allow it to heat.
- Secondly, add palak and let the water boil.
- Now strain water from the palak and transfer it to a blender. Blend well to form a puree.
- Take a bowl and to it add wheat flour, palak puree, and white sesame seeds. Form a dough.
- Now make small balls out of the dough and with a help of a rolling pin flatten them in a round shape just as you do for a roti.
- Place the tawa on high flame, and cook all the rotis one by one from both sides and keep them aside.
Preparation For Stuffing
- Firstly, place a non-stick pan on medium flame and add oil or ghee to it. Heat for a minute.
- Secondly, add onion, spring onion greens, green chili, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, and chopped cabbage. Saute until they turn golden brown.
- Thirdly, combine minced chicken with vinegar, hung curd, salt, red chili powder, and lemon juice. Leave it for 5-7 minutes. It is ready.
Now take a roti, and spread the stuffing over it, putting a leaf of lettuce. Roll the roti properly. Place a toothpick in the center so that the roll does not open.
Serve it hor with tangy chutney, or any side dish you love.
Health Benefits Of Chicken Kathi Roll
Below we have mentioned to you the benefits of why chicken kathi roll can be a part of your Indian weight loss diet.
- Chicken has a very high protein content, which thus plays an important role in sustaining our muscles.
- Spinach is high in antioxidants, which can help prevent oxidative damage and also safeguard against chronic illnesses.
- Sesame seeds may help reduce heart disease risk factors, including elevated triglyceride and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
- Sesame seeds also supply iron, copper, and vitamin B6, which are needed for blood cell formation and function.
- Spinach is also rich in vitamin A and antioxidants like zeaxanthin and lutein, all of which promote healthy vision.
Nutritional Value Of Roll
Before you read the nutritional values, please note that these are the approximate values. However, these can also, vary with the number of ingredients you use, and which brand you use.
So, it provides 150 calories approx, with 9 g of protein, and contains around 5 g of fat.
Fitelo’s Rolls Recipes
So, the recipes here are not limited to just one or a few. There is a variety of rolls call it from vegetarian to non-vegetarian that you can have in your weight loss diet.
Check the below recipes now.
Amongst all the myths running around nutrition, one of the most common is- “I don’t need to eat the yolk; it’s better for my health to just eat egg whites.”Let’s take a few facts into consideration on this note. Thus, read this post till the end to know the reality of nutrition about yolks vs the white part of eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Kathi Roll Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, you can make chicken kathi roll a part of your weight loss diet. It has a rich nutritional value and can be your one whole meal.
What Is The Best Time To Eat Kathi Roll?
You can eat this at your dinner as well. It is filling and will keep you full until the next day.
What Can You Serve Kathi Roll With?
You can eat it directly also, but if you want to add more flavor you can, however, serve it with green chutney, mint chutney, or cranberry sauce.
Can You Add Any Vegetables To Chicken Kathi Roll?
Yes, you can add your favorite vegetables to the roll. It will, however, be more healthy, and filling.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life