Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Hey there! Today, we’re going to cook a simple chicken stew recipe, a yummy and cozy dish. It’s like a warm, delicious hug in a bowl!
However, making chicken stew is pretty simple and we’ll show you how step by step. Also, whether you’re a pro chef or just starting to cook, you can do this!
Think of juicy pieces of chicken, tasty veggies, and a yummy sauce all coming together to make a great meal. We’ll guide you through it, so you can make a fantastic chicken stew that’ll taste amazing.
So, put on your cooking apron, gather your ingredients, and let’s make some tasty chicken stew together!
What Is Chicken Stew?
Chicken stew is like a heartier version of chicken soup. It’s a bit more rugged, with a thick and flavorful broth that’s almost like gravy.
This is the perfect meal on a cold day. Hearty, thick, and delicious, you’ll love sitting down to a bowl of this stew.
Our best chicken stew recipe is a medley of juicy chicken meat, earthy mushrooms, hearty potatoes, sweet carrots, and a blend of aromatic herbs that make every bite burst with flavor.
This stew is loaded with vegetables and is a complete meal all by itself. And don’t forget to have some crusty bread on hand to soak up all that yummy gravy!
How To Make Chicken Stew?
We have preferred using chicken thighs since they stay nice and tender during cooking, but chicken breasts are also a good choice for this dish. So, let’s start:
- Start by heating oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken thighs and cook until mostly done.
- Stir in the chopped onions, and cook until they turn translucent.
- Now add chopped mushrooms and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Now, introduce the potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and water. Ensure that the ingredients are covered by the water and simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Prepare a slurry by mixing 2 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of flour. Add it to the stew, stirring well. If you like, throw in some parsley and turmeric for an extra flavor boost.
- Once your stew reaches your preferred thickness, it’s ready to be savored.
Helpful Tips And Tricks
Be sure to check out the PRO tips below:
- Dark meat is the way to go because it stays tender during cooking, unlike white meat, which can dry out.
- Don’t skip the mushrooms; they add an incredible depth of flavor.
- Consider adding turmeric for both the color and health benefits of turmeric.
- Chop your veggies into large pieces to ensure they don’t get too soft during simmering.
Discover the nutritional goodness in a comforting bowl of Chicken Stew! Find out what you’re getting in each serving, from protein to essential vitamins and minerals. Explore the tasty and nutritious world of this healthy recipe.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving (Approximately 1 Cup or 240 ml)|
|Dietary Fiber||3-4 grams|
|Total Fat||8-10 grams|
|Saturated Fat||2-3 grams|
|Vitamin A||30-40% of the Daily Value (DV)|
|Vitamin C||15-20% of the DV|
|Calcium||2-4% of the DV|
|Iron||10-15% of the DV|
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Chicken Stew Recipe
Discover the warmth of homemade Chicken Stew, a comforting classic filled with tender chicken and hearty veggies. Perfect for chilly days! Here are some easy-to-understand health benefits of chicken stew:
- Protein Boost: Chicken stew is packed with high protein diet, which is like the body’s building blocks. It helps make muscles, repair tissues, and keeps you strong.
- Vitamins And Minerals: Veggies in the stew, like carrots and potatoes, are like nature’s multivitamins. They give you important vitamins and minerals for staying healthy.
- Keeps You Hydrated: The stew broth is like a tasty drink that keeps you hydrated, especially when it’s cold outside.
- Super Immune Support: Onions and garlic in the stew have special powers. They can help your body fight off germs and stay healthy.
- Good For Your Heart: If you use lean chicken, the stew becomes low in fat, which is great for your heart.
- Cozy Comfort: When you eat chicken stew, it feels like a warm hug from the inside. It helps you relax and feel happy.
- Make It Your Way: You can change the stew by adding different veggies and spices. That way, it’s just the way you like it.
- Balanced Meal: A bowl of chicken stew is like a mini-meal. It has a mix of protein (from chicken), veggies, and low carbs diet (like potatoes), which makes your body happy.
- Keeps You Full: Chicken stew makes you feel full and satisfied because it has protein and fiber. It’s like your tummy saying, “I’m happy!”
- Easy On Your Tummy: Stewing, which is how you cook the stew slowly, makes the food easy to digest. This is good for people with sensitive tummies.
Chicken Stew Recipe V/S Brown Stew Chicken Recipes
Here’s a comparison of Chicken Stew and Brown Stew Chicken recipes. let’s compare:
|Aspect||Chicken Stew Recipe||Brown Stew Chicken Recipe|
|Broth Consistency||Thick, like gravy||Thick and flavorful sauce|
|Vegetable Variety||Lots of veggies||Emphasis on spices|
|Flavor Profile||Simple and comforting||Spicy and bold|
|Preparation Ease||Easy one-pot dish,||May involve marination|
|Meal Style||Comfort food||Caribbean-inspired|
|Common Sides||Bread or on its own||Often served with rice or bread to soak up the sauce|
In short, Chicken Stew is like a comforting, hearty meal with veggies, while Brown Stew Chicken is spicier, often from Jamaica, with a rich sauce and different spices. It’s about what flavors and styles you prefer!
Is Chicken Stew Good For You?
Absolutely! Chicken stew can be really good for you, especially when you add lots of veggies. Here’s why:
- Veggie Power: When you toss in vegetables like carrots, celery, potatoes, and green beans, you’re making your stew super healthy. Veggies are low in calories but high in fiber, which is great for your tummy. Plus, they help you reach your daily veggie goals.
- Loaded with Good Stuff: Chicken stew, especially when you use chicken thighs, is full of good things. Chicken thighs give you protein and essential nutrients that your body loves. Protein is like a superhero – it helps with weight management and keeps your bones strong.
- Light on Calories: Our chicken stew is low in calories, but it still fills you up because of all the fiber. So, if you’re watching your low calories food, it’s a smart choice.
- Vitamins and Minerals: This stew gives you vitamins and minerals from both the chicken and veggies. These are like the helpers that keep your body healthy and happy.
How To Choose A Healthy Snack – Weight Loss Tip | By Dietitian Mac
In this modern age, we have a plethora of snacking options but it is very difficult to figure out which is a healthy one. The manufacturers use all kinds of tricks to sell them as a healthier option.
The only way to judge whether the product is healthy or not is to read the nutrition label carefully. In this video, we explain to you how to read the nutrition label and all the tricks surrounding the label.
Shevi’s PCOS Weight Loss: She Lost 8 Kg In 30 Days!
A young woman from Himachal Pradesh named Shevi approached Fitelo about her worries about PCOS and weight increase. Our dieticians came up with the ideal food strategy to assist her in managing her PCOS symptoms and weight loss. Shevi was able to overcome her PCOS problem and shed 8 kg in just 30 days as a result. You may read about her entire metamorphosis here:
Another spice in the masala box, black pepper, which has been seasoning food for millennia, has also been shown to aid with weight loss. So let’s explore black pepper’s charm.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Make Chicken Stew Recipe Thicker?
Whisk a teaspoon of flour in a little cold water to make a slurry, then stir into the stew as it’s cooking. Don’t add dry flour directly to the stew as it may clump. After adding the slurry, bring the stew to a boil. This will cook out the flour’s taste and allow the starch to swell.
What To Serve With Chicken Stew Recipe?
You will find everything from classic starchy foods like chicken stew with rice and potatoes to yummy healthy options like green salads and roasted vegetables.
What’s The Key Difference Between Chicken Stew And Brown Stew Chicken Recipe?
Chicken Stew is a hearty dish with thick broth and veggies, while Brown Stew Chicken is a spicy Jamaican recipe with a flavorful sauce.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.