Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Who doesn’t like snacking on some delicious lip-smacking snack on a cold winter evening or a rainy day with a hot chai? This bright, sweet, and spicy chili babycorn will go great with just about anything you eat! Once you have tasted this dish, you will feel mesmerized, wanting to eat more. They are also easy to make after-school evening snacks for your kids.
What Is A Chili Babycorn Recipe?
Chili Babycorn is a deliciously crispy and crunchy side dish or evening snack. A great vegetarian snack and appetizer. They are a typical Indo-Chinese fusion Cuisine. It has chunks of baby corn that are sweet and tender and have been perfectly battered and fried. Later, sweet and sour sauces are added to the corn, creating an aromatic, crispy, and saucy vegetable meal. It is simple and quick to cook. Vegans and vegetarians also enjoy them.
How To Prepare Restaurant-Style Chili Babycorn Recipe
Come, let’s quickly dive in to start preparing this lip-smacking dish.
Step 1: Firstly, cut the baby corn into diagonal pieces after washing. To make a restaurant-style chili baby corn, you must first create a batter.
Step 2: Further, to make the batter add all-purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour, crushed pepper powder, kashmiri red chili, and salt to a bowl. Make a thick batter by adding water. Now mix the baby corn thoroughly in it. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 3: Place the frying pan on medium heat and add the oil. Place the battered babycorn pieces gently in the heated oil. When the pieces get golden, carefully flip them over with a slotted fry spoon.
Step 4: Then, remove the babycorn with the slotted spoon and let the extra oil drip off. On kitchen paper towels, spread the fried corn. Now repeat the same process with the remaining baby corn.
Step 5: Next, to a kadhai, add oil, ginger, garlic, and green chili and saute well.
Step 6: Now add onions and mixed capsicum. Mix and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes on medium-high heat until the capsicum is half-cooked but still crunchy.
Step 7: Add tomato ketchup and soy sauce and combine well. Stir continuously and cook until the sauce thickens.
Step 8: Then add fried baby corn and toss thoroughly. Be careful not to scrape the batter from the fried baby corn as you gently combine all.
Step 9: Add spring onion, salt, black peppercorns that have been crushed, and lemon juice. Toss thoroughly.
Step 10: Finally, add sesame seeds and thoroughly combine. Remove the pan from the heat. Serve hot after transferring to a serving bowl. Restaurant-style crispy chili baby corn is ready… Enjoy!
Health Benefits Of Chili Babycorn
- Baby corn is a good source of vitamin A, which supports eye health. Carotenoids and tetraterpenoids are the main ingredients in baby corn which are suitable for the eyes. Plants and algae contain a type of pigment called carotenoids that gives them their yellow, red, or orange color.
- You shouldn’t think twice about including baby corn in your meals because it is a low-calorie food. It helps with weight loss because it contains less fat and starch than sweet corn.
- Baby corns are a fantastic source of folate. Folic acid plays a significant part in preventing neural-tube birth defects in the fetus. For wholesome nourishment, expectant mothers can include baby corn in their diet.
- Both soluble and insoluble fibers are abundant in baby corn which aids in healthy digestion.
- Moreover, cancer risk can be decreased by including yellow baby corn in your diet. It functions as an antioxidant, fighting against free radicals in a human’s body.
- Babycorn is rich in Vitamin B-6. According to certain studies, pregnant women who have nausea and vomiting can get better by taking vitamin B-6.
- Also, baby corn contains potassium, which can aid in regulating blood pressure.
Side Effects Of Chili Babycorn
Baby corn also has certain disadvantages adding to its incredible health benefits. They are suitable for health only when consumed in small quantities.
1. Gastrointestinal Issues
Baby corn has a high fiber content, as noted in the advantages, which is helpful only if you eat it in moderation. If taken in excess, it can harm you and cause digestive problems like diarrhea, loss of motion, and irregular bowel movements, among other things. Keep an eye on how much baby corn you’re consuming.
2. Reactions To Allergens
Several foods are frequently used as allergen triggers, so you never know what you might be sensitive to. Consuming maize can cause allergies and associated symptoms, such as skin rashes, mucous membrane swelling, vomiting, etc. Eating baby corn can cause a lot of people to experience asthma attacks and anaphylaxis. The ingestible protein found in baby corn is the leading cause of these allergies.
3. Risk To Heart Patient
Baby corn has a lot of fatty acids and carbs, which might be dangerous for people with heart conditions. They can also cause cardiovascular problems. Therefore, heart disease patients should check with their doctor before consuming it.
- Deep fried the baby corn over a medium temperature to ensure it cooks through. To have the exterior layer truly crispy, increase the heat just before finishing for a minute or two.
- Further, you can use the babycorn as a whole, if you don’t want to cut it.
- With any Asian dipping sauce on the side, serve baby corn chili hot or warm as a snack. Additionally, it can be done as the main course along with rice or noodles such as chow mein, mushroom noodles, chili garlic noodles, or corn-fried rice.
- To your taste, you can add any other sauce.
- Use the Golden Trio of flours—all-purpose, rice, and corn—to coat and fry the corn for a golden, crispy, and evenly coated outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does This Recipe Work With Canned Baby Corn?
Ans: You can use canned baby corn to make this recipe. But if you do that, omit the baby corn cooking step. Baby corn in a can only need to be drained, rinsed, and added to the batter.
Q: Is Chili Babycorn Good For Weight Loss?
Ans: Baby corns are low-calorie food which is an excellent choice for weight loss.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of Chili Babycorn?
Ans: Chili baby corn has numerous benefits. It supports eye health, aids in weight loss, and is suitable for digestive health. They have tremendous benefits for pregnant women and have anti-cancer properties.
Q: How Do You Prepare Chili Babycorn With Gravy?
Ans: Given that the sauce is so thick and coats the baby corn, this chili babycorn is slightly dry. It can also be made with gravy, so add water to the sauce.
Corn recipes are tasty, and you can try various dishes with them. If you want to make a healthy and quick snack for kids after their school, you can try the corn chaat recipe.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.