Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Chivda is a delectable snack mix or namkeen (savory and salty) mixture created with spices, dried fruit, nuts, and flattened rice flakes (poha), as well as hints of salt and sugar. The chivda recipe that we are sharing today, is a tasty delicacy that is crunchy, and crispy and has a lovely balance of salty and sweet flavors also it’s a non-fried and healthier version of packed namkeen or chips you find in the market.
Chivda is mainly enjoyed as an evening snack with a glass of chai in every Indian house, especially in Maharashtra. We can also find it in the local grocery stores but it’s healthier to make it at home.
How To Make Chivda At Home Without Frying
Here is how you can make chivda or namkeen just at home in a few steps:
- First, dry roast 3 cups of thin poha on a medium flame in a tawa. Roast poha till it becomes crunchy. put aside.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a big kadai and roast 1/4 cup of peanuts until golden and crunchy.
- Additionally, cook on a low flame channa dal, cashews, raisins, and dry coconut.
- Add 2 dried red chilies, mustard seeds, cumin, pinch hing, and curry leaves right now.
- Further add 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, and turmeric, and combine gently before adding roasted poha. The add roasted poha.
- Serve the poha chivda or keep it in an airtight jar for a month.
- You can also add seasoning or other dry fruits according to your taste.
- Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
Benefits Of Chivda Recipe
Having this mixture can also provide you with a ton of benefits, let’s have a look at a few of them:
- Also, 100 g of raw poha contains 70 g of healthy carbs. Besides, poha is not polished and contains 2-4 g fiber per 100 g serving, depending on the source and its processing, plus it helps keep you full for a long. So this can be your perfect winter snack to binge on without worrying about weight gain.
- This Poha chivda is light on the stomach it’s easier to digest and even keeps you full for a long time.
- You can also enjoy cashew benefits by eating this namkeen recipe as cashews are loaded with healthy nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin K, magnesium, and copper.
- Moreover, the coconut powder used in this recipe is low in carbs and rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and fiber, making it a great choice for blood sugar control.
- Also, Coconuts contain polyphenols, which are antioxidants that protect cells from damage, which may reduce disease risk.
Nutritional Value Of Chivda Recipe (Per Serving)
Check out the nutrition that you can get from this recipe:
|Calories – 201 kcal|
|Fat – 8 g|
|Carbs – 30 g|
|Potassium – 130 mg|
|Protein – 4 g|
Top 5 Winter Foods For Weight Loss!
Below is a list of 5 winter foods that you cannot miss on your weight loss journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Chivda Good To Have Everday?
Ans. However, it is a healthy mixture for snacking, you can have it every day.
Q. What Is Chivda In English Called?
Ans. Chivda in English is also known as Flattened Rice.
Q. Is Chivda Good For Weight Loss?
Ans. Chivda is filled with peanuts, cashews and coconut, and healthy spices which makes it a better choice than packed chips or namkeen. It is also rich in fiber.
The Winter season is incomplete without the winter superfood which is Beetroot. However, here is an amazing beetroot recipe for you to try this season and add this super healthy food to your diet.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.