Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
It is never too late for anything, and to start working towards your goal. What you need is just a start and for this all you have to start making small changes in your daily life routine. However, these changes could be, eating healthy, substituting junk with healthy snacks, and start controlling cravings for food that might affect your health. However, one of the changes you can start now is to start drinking coconut milk in the right quantity with a suitable diet. This is because there are several coconut milk benefits that are excellent for you and keep you healthy. To know what these are, continue reading.
What Is Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk is extracted from grated mature coconut flesh and is a milky white. However, the two fluids that are coconut water and coconut milk both come from a fruiting coconut also, known as Cocos nucifera. Coconut milk is good for both weight gain and weight loss, depending on how you consume it.
Coconut Milk Health Benefits
This milk is not only different in flavor but also, there are benefits to drinking coconut milk. Now to know, what these benefits could be, continue reading further.
1. Increase Stamina
Coconut milk is, however, rich in nutrients, and gives you good stamina. Know how.
- Calories play an important role in increasing stamina, and coconut milk is rich in them.
- Also, after a heavy workout, there is a loss of fluid, cramps kick in and you feel fatigued, but drinking coconut milk increases your stamina.
- It can also, be your post-workout snack as it helps in building muscles and improving endurance.
2. Boost Immunity
Apart from its flavor, it will also, boost your immunity in the following ways.
- Being rich in nutrients, coconut milk helps boost immunity.
- Also, it has antiseptic properties, that fights infections caused by fungi, bacteria, virus, etc.
- Moreover, according to the research, if you drink coconut milk porridge, it will inhibit oxidative damage and DNA.
3. Aids In Weight Loss
Yes, coconut milk for weight loss is one of the benefits that you will love.
- Coconut milk contains medium-chain triglycerides, which makes it a good option to add to your weight-loss diet.
- Also, it generates energy in the body and does not let itself store in the body as fat.
- This milk is also, rich in nutrients and contains saturated fat, so you can add this to your meal.
4. Improves Muscle Health
So, increase your muscle health naturally by adding coconut milk to your diet for muscle gain.
- Being rich in triglyceride, it helps in exercise impairment and treats muscle dysfunction.
- It also results in metabolism in the skeletal muscle and a subsequent increase in mitochondrial biogenesis.
- Adding coconut milk to your protein shake, and hot drinks stimulates quick muscle gain.
5. Promotes Heart Health
Anything, that supports heart health, is, however, the best food to add to your diet.
- Coconut milk helps decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
- It also prevents the risk of cardiovascular disease as it contains plasma triglyceride.
- According to the studies, an antioxidant lauric acid in coconut milk helps prevent stroke and heart disease.
Nutrition In Coconut Milk
So, here you can take a glimpse of the nutrients and minerals present in coconut milk as per 100 g.
|Dietary fiber: 2.2g|
|Saturated Fat: 21.1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat: 1.0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.26 g|
|Protein: 2.3 g|
Minerals In Coconut Milk Include:
|Iron: 1.6 mg|
|Calcium: 16 mg|
|Magnesium: 37 mg|
|Manganese: 0.92 mg|
|Phosphorus: 100 mg|
|Potassium: 263 mg|
- Not forgetting, it is also, rich in vitamin C, Vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, and Vitamin B1, Vitamin and Vitamin E
How Is Coconut Milk Made?
Coconut milk is made by grating coconut meat, mixing it with hot water, and pressing the liquid through a cheesecloth. Then is produced a rich, fatty liquid known as coconut cream is further processed into coconut oil and pressed again for coconut milk.
How To Prepare Coconut Milk At Home?
Preparing this milk at home is simple. You just have to follow the below steps to do so.
- Firstly, take a mature coconut, grate the flesh, and then with some warm water blend it well.
- Secondly, the liquid that is strained is the first thick extract.
- Now, strain the liquid 3 times to make the liquid thinner and more subtle in flavor.
- However, the thicker liquid you can use in your desserts, while, the thinner one you can use to cook soups, curries, etc.
How To Add Coconut Milk To Your Diet?
Well, there are several ways of making use of this milk, but the best ways and most common ideas are right below.
- In Southeast Asia, People use coconut milk in rice for flavor, and also, there are other recipes like coconut rice, coconut chutney, coconut laddoos, etc.
- Also, it can be used for making creamy drinks, and coffee, or used as flavored cream.
- People, in India, also, use coconut milk in their paneer recipes, to make it more rich and flavorful.
- Moreover, you can make your oatmeal with this milk, also adding some dry fruits.
Try Fitelo’s Recipe With Coconut Milk By Fitelo
How To Store Coconut Milk?
So, talking about the storage of coconut milk, however, depends on how thick or thin it is in nature and its packaging. Therefore, if you do not store coconut milk properly, it can go bad.
If you have brought the milk from the supermarket, which you usually get in a can, then its shell life probably would be 2-5 years if properly stored. While, if it is in aseptic packaging, then its shell life will be between 6-12 months.
However, to store the coconut milk, it is best to keep it in a refrigerator and always make sure you use fresh milk as it has no added preservatives. And if you have made the coconut milk at home, then try to consume it within 2 days, as it will be fresh and will, moreover, provide your body with a good amount of nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Coconut Milk Good For Weight Loss?
Ans: Yes, it helps you in weight loss, provided you take in the right quantity, or as your dietitian tells you.
Q. Does Coconut Milk Benefits Include Weight Gain?
Ans: Coconut milk, is rich in calories, and, moreover, if you add this to your meal with a diet rich in carbohydrates can result in weight gain.
Q. Does Coconut Milk Benefit The Skin?
Ans: Coconut milk is rich in vitamin C, improves the texture of the skin, and also, helps give you wrinkle-free skin.
Q. What Are The Tea Mistakes That You Should Avoid?
Ans. Well, people love drinking tea whether, in summer or winter, they want it in the morning and evening. But, wait a minute! You are making some mistakes while drinking it, which might give you weight gain, Watch this video by Dietitian Mac, and know what it is.
However, coconut milk is the milk that can give you weight gain and weight loss also. However, what matters is the quantity you drink and what diet you eat along with it. On the other side, talking about the benefits of coconut milk, there are many and is good for your overall health. Fitelo, has, therefore, mentioned to you the uses, how you can add this to your diet and how it can help your body stay healthy.
Are you tired of eating and getting acidity again and again? So, now is the time to say goodbye to your gas problem, as Fitelo, gives you a gastritis diet for 7 days, which will help you get rid of gas and also, prevent its symptoms. Also, know what to add to your diet and what not to.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.