A recipe that is easy to make and brings Tradition back into our lives. This Colocasia leaves roll / Patrode recipe is a very healthy snack and something very new to try your hands on.
- In a bowl, add 3 tbsp of organic besan, dhania powder, jeera powder, and a pinch of hing.
- Cut green/red chilies into small pieces and add in the besan.
- Then, add the required amount of water to make it into a thick paste.
- Once the pasta is ready, add salt and seasonings as per your taste.
- Apply this paste to one leaf and place the second leaf over it.
- Then, roll these leaves into a tight roll and steam in the pressure cooker.
- Then, once the rolls are ready, cut them into small pieces.
- You can shallow fry or air fry these rolls ( as guided by your dietitian).
- You can also add lemon or amchur for better taste.
- Colocasia or Taro leaves are rich in fiber and help to control blood sugar.
- Condiments and spices are used to enhance immunity and are excellent for weight loss.
- Taro leaves are a low-calorie green leafy vegetable that’s high in potassium, folate, and vitamins C and A.
- They can be used to prepare many traditional, dishes or they can be cooked and eaten on their own.
- Taro leaves also provide a good source of dietary nitrates which help to promote healthy blood pressure.
For all Paneer lovers, here some of our recipes you can also try
Craving for your favorite Subway Paneer Sub? But do you know a Subway sandwich is not as healthy as you think? Click here to know the actual reality of it.
For any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please take Colocasia leaves roll / Patrode recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.