Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
A corn cutlet, also known as a corn patty, is a tasty, crispy, melt-in-your-mouth food prepared with mashed potatoes and packed with a fiery corn filling. It is a popular Indian snack served with chutney and chai. In this recipe, a tangy, corn stuffing is topped with a crispy potato crust. The chatpata spicy corn stuffing goes really well with the outer crisp potato layer and melt-in-your-mouth.
How To Make Corn Cutlet At Home
- The corn cob should first be steamed or fried until the kernels are soft and cooked thoroughly. With a knife, carefully remove the corn kernels and set them aside.
- Further, take the corn kernels and put them in a bowl or small pan. Also add chaat masala, red chili powder, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and salt, and mix well.
- However, if you like, you can use a mixer-grinder to coarsely grind the corn
- When the boiling potatoes are warm, grate them in a different bowl after peeling them and mash well.
- Further, add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder.
- To bind, you can also use cornflour.
- Combine, then use the mixture to make balls of the same size.
For Assembling Cutlet
- Each ball should be flattened on your hand. Add a teaspoon of the corn filling in the center.
- Further, cover the stuffing by bringing the edges to the middle. Form into medium to large patties or tikkis using your palms.
Apply some water to your palms before stuffing and forming them like bread rolls.
- Create every cutlet in this manner.
- To pan fry take a pan and sprinkle some oil then place the corn cutlet.
- Turn over again after browning the second side until crispy and crunchy.
- If necessary, flip the food many times to achieve an even golden color and crisp texture.
- Finally, serve the hot corn cutlet with tomato sauce, mint chutney, or coriander chutney.
Benefits Of Eating Corn Cutlet
Enjoy this recipe without any guilt as its not very high in calories and other reasons being:
- However, corn has a low glycemic index since it mostly contains insoluble fiber. This also indicates that the food is one that slowly digests and doesn’t result in an unhealthily high blood sugar level.
- Moreover, corn is packed with minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium, and vitamins like the A and B complex.
- 100 gm potatoes have just 110 calories which are not bad even if you are on weight loss in winter.
- Further, the ingredients used in this recipe such as Indian spices like cumin, and chili are rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
Nutritional Value Of Corn Cutlet
The nutritional value per serving of this recipe is as follows:
|Calories – 320 kcal|
|Fiber – 13 g|
|Carbs – 61 g|
|Fat – 9 g|
|Protein – 15 g|
Craving Snacks Or Junk During Weight Loss?
Frequently Asked Question
Q. Can I Add Cheese To Corn Cutlet Recipe?
Ans. You can make changes according to your taste, although this is the healthier way to make it in case you are trying to lose weight.
Q. Is Corn Cutlet Or Corn Tikki The Same Thing?
Ans. It’s the same recipe although tikki is mainly deep-fried and this is pan-fried.
Q. Is Corn Good For Diabetic People?
Ans. Due to the presence of starch in corn kernel, it’s usually not recommended to diabetic people although they can ask their doctor about the quantity intake.
Are you willing to try something new out of oats, yes! I have come up with an exciting overnight Soaked Oats In Almond Milk Recipe. Try out this dish and let me know the outcome in the comments.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.