White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
1Hr 30 Minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Breads are almost everyone’s favourite, and cranberry bread brings back a lot of memories with holidays and evening snacks. In the West, they make it on the beautiful occasions of holidays, thanksgiving, and for desserts. We here in India especially make it on the occasion of Christmas or baking enthusiasts are always eager to bake it anytime. Cranberry being a delicious ingredient of this bread has many nutritional values too.
So, let’s embark on this sweet journey to make delicious, and nutritional bread at home.
How To Make Cranberry Bread?
To make the best cranberry bread recipe arrange all your above-mentioned ingredients then let’s get started with baking this bread with cranberry benefits.
- To begin with, first, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Also, chop the cranberries and keep them aside. Get a 9×5-inch loaf pan or any loaf pan of your choice.
- Then, grease the loaf pan with little butter and flour or you can use parchment paper for easy removal of the bread.
- Further in a large bowl whisk together the flour, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, gently fold the chopped cranberries into the dry mixture, making sure the berries are evenly distributed.
- Now take another bowl, beat the eggs, and then the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix them until they are well combined.
- Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until they are well combined. Be careful not to overmix it, a few lumps are okay.
- Now pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly. Here we will tell you a secret, leave the filled loaf pan for some time you will see the batter start to rise.
- Then place the loaf pan in the oven to bake. It will take 60-70 minutes to bake or you can take a toothpick or cake tester to check. Be careful while you bake bread, keep an eye on it if the top starts to brown too quickly you can place foil to cover it.
- Once the bread is done remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool it completely.
- Lastly, you can slice the bread and enjoy! Your homemade easy cranberry bread is ready.
Nutritional Profile Of Cranberry Bread
The nutritional profile of this healthy bread increases with the nutritional value of cranberry. Cranberry is the key ingredient in this bread and is a food rich in antioxidants, particularly vitamin C and other phytochemicals. These values can vary based on the exact recipe and portion size. Let’s have a look at it:
Health Benefits Of Cranberry Bread
Cranberry bread like any other food offers health benefits when consumed in moderation as a part of a balanced diet.
- Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly vitamin C. These antioxidants help our body to fight oxidative stress and reduce the risk of diseases.
- Cranberries are also known for their potential to promote urinary tract health. It helps in preventing any kind of infection caused by bacteria in the urinary tract lining.
- Some compounds of cranberries such as polyphenols help to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
- If you are using whole wheat flour, then it provides you with fiber too. Fibers help with digestion, blood sugar levels, and cholesterols.
- The use of buttermilk benefits with calcium and probiotics, and is low in fat. It improves digestion and supports the immune system.
- Eggs are a good source of protein and butter comprises the healthy fat component. And the addition of salt enhances the flavor of other ingredients.
We are providing you with simple tips to make healthy cranberry bread.
- Choose fresh or frozen cranberries for the recipe. If you are using frozen ones then there is no need to thaw them.
- Use the right flour for the recipe. For the healthier version, we would recommend whole wheat flour.
- When combining the wet and dry ingredients do not overmix it. Overmixing the batter can make the texture denser.
- As we are using stevia (natural sweetener) for sweetness you can also use date syrup to make your bread.
- Grease your pan loaf or the parchment paper to avoid any issues while removing the bread from the leaf pan. Also, allow the bread to cool down before taking it out of the loaf pan and slicing the bread.
- You can store the bread in an airtight container. For longer storage cover it with plastic wrap and then in an aluminium foil or freezer bag. Make sure to mention the date before freezing cause it can be stored in a freezer for up to 3 months.
- To give it a different flavor you can add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. You can also add nuts and seeds to make it healthier and if you love the tangy flavor of orange you can try making orange cranberry bread too.
The use of stevia in this bread recipe makes it way healthier because it is a healthy natural sweetener. Many say brown sugar and honey are better than refined sugar. Click here to know what Fitelo has to say on this.
Gurpreet was struggling to lose weight because of her profession and busy life. After she approached our expert she was able to lose 7.8 kg in 30 days. More than our help her dedication was the reason she lost her weight. Find her complete story to know how Fitelo helped her to achieve her goal.
Frequently Asked Question
How To Make A Vegan Cranberry Bread?
To make this recipe vegan you can vegan buttermilk, coconut milk, or apple sauce instead of buttermilk. And instead of butter, you can use oil which does not have any flavors. Choose the substitute that aligns with your preferences.
Can I Make A Gluten-Free Cranberry Bread?
Yes, you can make gluten-free cranberry bread by adding gluten-free flour and making sure that all other ingredients are also gluten-free. This can be a great addition to your balanced gluten-free diet.
Is Cranberry Bread A healthy Option?
Cranberry bread can be a healthy option when you include whole cranberry fruits in the batter. Along with that, you can add nuts, applesauce, orange juice, or zest to make it even healthier with a lot of health benefits.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy at the same time then you are at the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us. Our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live healthy, and enjoy a long, happy life.