Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Boiled rice mixed with tempered curd is great comfort food. In like manner, curd rice is a popular and tasty South Indian dish served with a South Indian thali or meal. In some regions of South India, curd rice is also known as thayir sadam, daddojanam or bagala bath. Curd and milk together with rice and spices make a divinely comforting combination. Moreover, the simple and humble ingredients give the dish a full flavor and make it a satisfying meal. This dish is a must in a South Indian household.
How To Make Curd Rice
- Soak and rinse the rice in the first place and then pressure cook it to 3 whistles.
- Once cooked, mix it a little to make it soggy and take it out into a bowl.
- After that add milk and curd to the cooked rice and stir it thoroughly. Make sure to combine them well.
- Now take a pan, add mustard oil on a low flame and put mustard seeds, sliced ginger,asafoetida, curry leaves and green chilli simultaneously.
- Saute all of them well for few minutes and prepare a tempering for the curd rice.
- Finally, pour the tempering over the curd rice and serve it hot.
- Use pomegranate seeds for garnishing. (Optional)
Health Benefits Of Curd
- Curd has more protein and less calories as compared to milk.
- Since curd is a natural probiotic that aids digestion and also prevent bloating, it is healthy for the digestive system.
- Your immune system is strengthened by curd. It reduces inflammation, and helps against viral infections and many other health problems.
- According to Ayurveda, curd is one of the most natural antibiotics that provides the body with important enzymes required for regular functioning.
White Rice Vs Brown Rice
White rice is more common and popular amongst people. This is because white rice is a refined grain while brown rice is a whole grain. Most of the fitness gurus suggest that brown rice is the way to go but is it true? What is the reality? Refer this below video by Mac Singh to know the truth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Curd Rice Good for Health?
Ans. Curd rice aids digestion and provides relief from stomach and digestive problems. Curd rice is a meal that can help you relax and unwind. It’s high in probiotics, antioxidants, and healthy fats, all of which help to keep stress at bay. A bowl of curd rice might provide you with enough energy to get through the day.
Q. Is Curd Rice Rich in Protein?
Ans. Easy to make, this wholesome dish is made by mixing rice with curds and tempering it with mustard and green chilies.
Q. Can I Eat Curd Rice Daily?
Ans. One can eat curd rice daily. It helps to keep our digestive problems away. Thanks to the live bacteria present in the curd, it reduces stomach-related problems. It can reduce intestinal problems and improve our intestine’s health.
A sustainable diet plan is the only key to weight loss. It is much more difficult to be consistent and maintain the lost weight. Our client Karishma from Delhi is proof that it will change your life. So, just read her story and get inspired.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Keto Diet Plan: Everything You Need To Know About It
- Atta For Weight Loss: Which Atta is Good For Your Health?
- Beetroot Benefits: 9 Reasons To Eat This Superfood
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. We will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Also, you can reach out to us at +91-9402850007 for any queries.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. In either case, what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.