Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Try out this desi burger aka Healthy Dabeli Recipe! Dabeli is quite a famous street food snack in Maharashtra. We have given it a healthy twist to make it suitable for you to consume! So do try this simple Dabeli Recipe out on a weekend/serve it to your guests. You can also pack this healthy dabeli recipe in your kids’ lunchboxes and surprise them!
Dabeli Recipe Masala
- Take red chilies, cumin seeds, cinnamon powder, cinnamon powder, a few cloves, and coriander seeds and dry roast them on a tawa..
- Now, put everything in a mixer-grinder and grind until a fine powder is obtained.
- Soak the dried red chilli in wam water for half an hour.
- Then, in a blender put chilli, garlic, some lemon juice (can also add water as per requirement) and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Add deseeded dates, tamarind and water to a pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
- Then shift the mixture to a blender and blend until a smooth paste is obtained. Do not add a lot of water otherwise its consistency will be undesirable.
- Then take a deep pan and add some dry ginger powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, ground cumin powder and black salt. Add the date-tamarind paste and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
Potato Stuffing For Dabeli Recipe
- Boil potatoes in a pressure cooker. Then peel and mash them after cooling.
- Now take a deep pan and heat some ghee in it. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Further add finely chopped onions and cook till they are light brown. Also add some hing and let it cook for a minute.
- Add the dates-tamarind chutney and mix with onions.
- Now add the potato stuffing and mix again.
- In the next step, add the prepared dabeli masala, salt and a few drops of water. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes so that everything mixes and proportion and the Dabeli potato stuffing absorbs flavour.
- Shift the final Dabeli stuffing to a plate.
- Finally add fresh coriander leaves and a few pomegranate seeds on top. You can also add some grated coconut.
How To Make Dabeli
- Take whole wheat buns and slice them into half. Then, take a minimal amount of ghee and lightly fry the sliced buns from both sides.
- Apply the chilli-garlic chutney on one bun and the dates-tamarind chutney on the other side.
- Put the potato stuffing on one of the buns. Add some freshly chopped onions, some more anar seeds, and roasted peanuts, and sprinkle the dabeli masala.
- Now add some sev on top and cover the stuffing with another bun, just like you make a burger.
- Your Healthy Dabeli Recipe is ready! Serve it hot and crispy.
- Onions are high in fiber and also an excellent remedy for digestion. Moreover, the Sulphur content in onion is good for the skin.
- Whole wheat buns contains a good amount of fiber. So, the healthy Dabeli Recipe is very much filling.
- Potatoes promote loss of water-retained weight, as they are rich in potassium levels.
- Garlic is known to improve immunity, stabilize blood sugar levels, and also support heart and brain health.
- Tamarind stimulates bile production that leads to quicker and efficient digestion.
- Dates have a very high nutrient profile. They have potassium, magnesium, iron, copper etc, all of which are essential for proper body functioning.
- Pomegranate improves the flow of blood, which in turn prevents the building up of cholesterol in the arteries.
- Peanuts are high in good fat i.e. mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
The nutrition of all the abovementioned ingredients take Dabeli benefits to a whole new level.
Did you notice that we have used ghee instead of oil at every cooking step? A lot of people have misconceptions about including ghee in their cooking thinking they will gain fat, but it can actually accelerate weight loss when consumed in the right way and right amount. Learn more about the benefits of ghee here.
Inspiring Transformation Story
Read the inspiring story of Kawalpreet who did an amazing transformation despite suffering from thyroid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Homemade Dabeli A Healthy Snack Option?
When prepared with healthful ingredients and cooked in better cooking oils, homemade Dabeli can be a comparably healthier snack option compared to its street food cousin. You can make it a more nutritious choice by using whole wheat burger buns, adding vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, and zucchini to the potato mixture, and limiting the use of chutneys and sev.
Can I Make Dabeli In Advance And Store It?
While the potato filling and chutneys can be made ahead of time, it is best to assemble the Dabeli shortly before serving to keep its texture and flavor. If you store the constructed Dabeli with chutneys and sev for too long, it will turn soggy.
Can I Make Dabeli Without Using Store-Bought Dabeli Masala?
Yes, you can make dabeli without needing Dabeli Masala from a shop. Instead, you may give the potato filling a taste boost by combining basic Indian spices like coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and garam masala.
How To Eat Homemade Dabeli In Weight Loss?
To enjoy homemade Dabeli while losing weight, keep portions in check, pick whole wheat buns, cut back on chutney and sev, add vegetables to the filling, use little to no oil, eat it with a balanced meal and do so in moderation while keeping a healthy diet and frequent exercise.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy then the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well, and Enjoy a long happy life