White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Irregular periods? or gaining excess weight? All these are can be the symptoms of PCOS. Don’t panic PCOS is curable. Read this blog to know how? Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS now becomes a very common syndrome amongst women during reproductive age. The name of this condition came from a specific type of ovarian tissue. The diagnosis of PCOS means that the ovaries are filled with many small cysts due to hormonal disturbance at the same time. PCOS is often discovered when you seek help because of difficulty conceiving. In that, you need urgently need to consult your gynecologist. The exact cause of PCOS is still not discovered but there are several factors responsible for this syndrome. Heredity and obesity are the major factors causing PCOS. But how does PCOS affect pregnancy?
PCOS occurs when the balance in the body of different sex hormones disturbs. Estrogen and progesterone have the function of controlling ovulation and menstruation. When this controlling function fails it leads to too many male sex hormones in the body. So, when this balance is disturbed the eggs do not mature as much as is required to produce ovulation. The immature egg remains in the ovary and is then reabsorbed. In the ovaries, there may be many such follicles that have not matured, the condition called polycystic ovaries.
Overall, PCOS means that the ovaries don’t work as they should, causing you to rarely or never ovulate and rarely or never have periods. In this blog, you will get to know how PCOS affects pregnancy and how to get rid of it naturally.
How Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy?
It may be more difficult to get pregnant because PCOS patients have increased male sex hormones in the body. This can be the most common cause of infertility and is due to you not ovulating. A woman who is suffering from PCOS tends to have few eggs but in some cases,
women with PCOS will be able to produce more eggs than others and can have children later in life. You or who have PCOS can receive hormone treatment that makes it easier to get pregnant. Since you probably have many eggs, the chances of getting pregnant are often good.
What Are The Symptoms Of PCOS?
PCOS or PCOD has quite characteristic clinical manifestations if you how does PCOS affect pregnancy it becomes easy to cure naturally.
- Irregular or rare menstrual cycle- Irregular periods are the most common sign of PCOS. You can have missed periods or usually heavy periods.
- Excessive hair growth- High levels of male sex organs can cause heavy facial growth on the face, chest, arms, back, abdomen, inner thigh, or vice versa, increased hair loss and baldness.
- Acne on the face- Unbalanced hormonal levels can make you look elder, and wrinkles and pimples will appear on your face.
- Overweight and obesity- Irregular period cycle will also lead to weight gain and obesity in PCOS.
- Infertility- Infertility is also a common symptom of PCOS.
- Depression or increased anxiety- Depression, lethargy, and mood swings are also very common symptoms of PCOS.
- Stress and Mental Health- PCOS causes stress and mental health
- Lack of sex drive- Reduced sex drive is also linked to elevated levels of this hormone.
Many people with PCOS experience no symptoms at all and don’t know they have it. PCOS can also mean an increased risk of secondary diseases such as diabetes type 2 and cardiovascular diseases.
What Are The Causes Of PCOS?
The actual cause of PCOS is still undiscovered. However, according to studies the increased level of male hormones in the female body can cause PCOS. Several factors may play a role in developing the syndrome, and heredity and obesity seem to play a role which can also lead to infertility. However, the remaining causes of PCOS are as follows:
PCOS is a genetic disease the reason why majorly it occurs in women who have PCOS in their family medical history. So, PCOS can be passed down to future generations if one family member has had it in past.
Women with PCOS frequently have insulin resistance, which implies that their body cells can’t utilize insulin efficiently. Therefore, it leads to a rise in insulin levels which further leads to an increase in the production of male hormones.
Also, PCOS in women causes inflammation. Thus, being overweight can worsen inflammation, which raises the level of androgen.
Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy & How to Get Rid of It?
You can overcome or reduce the effect of PCOS by below mentioned easy steps:
- Lose Weight – Weight loss plays a key role in PCOS. If you want to get rid of PCOS lose weight. Weight loss can reduce hormonal disturbance and cause ovulation to start. Weight gain is very common in PCOS because increased male hormones cause an increased appetite and carving for fast carbohydrates. So, it is recommended to have a balanced diet for PCOS, and losing a few kilos of weight can be enough to balance the level of hormones.
- Movement And Exercise – Exercise or physical activities such as yoga, jogging, walking, playing, etc. can help you get rid of PCOS. Physical activities will help lower blood sugar levels and keep you fit which can reduce hormonal disruption.
- Balanced Diet – Taking a balanced diet can positively affect your body. Diet plans such as a Low
- Glycemic Index (GI) PCOS Diet or Anti-Inflammatory PCOS Diet impacts creating the right conditions for your body to heal and achieve stability. We at Fitelo have given you the best 7 days diet chart that will help you cure PCOS.
- Consult Your Gynecologist – It is recommended to consult your doctor immediately if you have noticed any symptoms of PCOS. To find out if you have PCOS, several examinations are carried out by a gynecologist. Also, they will prescribe you the best health advice.
Best Diet Tips for PCOS
A balanced and nutritious rich diet is best for people who are suffering from PCOS. Our metabolism and reproductive health are entirely influenced by our eating habits and lifestyle. So, to improve our health we need to first change our eating habits. Keeping that in mind we have listed some PCOS diet plans that will not only improve our health but also help us lose weight too.
Including high-fiber and plant-based foods in your diet will help to reduce insulin resistance. Also, they help in hormonal balance. Here, we have demonstrated one day PCOS diet plan.
|Early Morning||Hot Lemon Water, 5 Almonds (Soaked)|
|Breakfast||Moong Dal Cheela|
|Mid – Morning||Seed Mixture (Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower, Flax Seeds)|
|Lunch||Moong Dal Khichdi|
|Post Lunch||Ginger Turmeric Tea, 5 Almonds (Soaked)|
|Evening||Makhane Cucumber Salad|
|Dinner||Vegetable Lentil Soup|
|Post Dinner||Hot Water|
Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy & What Diet Plans To Follow?
Get to know about more such PCOD diet plans here:
Nutritional Rule For PCOD
Medical nutrition for PCOS should be organized under certain rules and diet principles. Here is the list of rules that you can follow to control PCOS.
- Consume Food With a Low Glycemic Index– This will ensure a gradual weight loss, a decrease in the concentration of cholesterol, and the prevention of the development of pancreatic diseases, and diabetes.
- Give preference to low carbohydrate foods– The amount of carbohydrates should be correlated with the amount of protein.
- Fractional nutrition is necessary- 5 Times a day in small portions. At the same time, it is important to prevent the feeling of hunger.
- Inhibit the consumption of animal fat– Their excessive intake will lead to increased production of sex hormones. So, avoid eating food that has animal fat.
- Intake of fiber-rich food– To do this, including vegetables, fruits, and grains in your menu. Fiber will provide rapid saturation and allow body cleansing.
- Eat at a certain interval of time- This will help you a set rhythm for eating and prepare your body for easy digestion.
Food To Include In A PCOS Diet
Here are some foods items that dietitians recommend us to include that can assist with PCOS symptoms as well as weight reduction.
- Consume foods high in fiber from plants, such as whole grains, dry beans, chickpeas, lentils, and other legumes. They aid in managing weight.
- Salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel are some examples of fatty fish with high Omega fatty acid content that is anti-inflammatory. They combat the inflammation that urges the ovaries to increase androgen production. Significantly, they also include vitamin E and fish oil, which support the maintenance of insulin levels.
- Include green veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale.
- Nutrients in seeds assist regulate hormone imbalances. Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds are the best seeds to incorporate into your PCOS diet. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients like iron, which enhances general health.
- Pick fruits with lots of fiber and minerals. Especially, fruits with a deep red color, such as cherries, blueberries, blackberries, and purple grapes are great to include in your PCOS diet chart for weight loss.
- Olive oil, avocados, coconuts, and nuts including pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, and pistachios are examples of healthy fats. They are high in good fats which lower inflammation. Among these, adding walnuts and almonds to the PCOS diet is essential.
- Spices like cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric can include in your diet. Other herbs that can aid with PCOS management include ashwagandha, fenugreek, and basil. They control the menstrual cycle and improve women’s fertility.
- Occasionally, you can also add dark chocolate to your diet.
Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy & What Are The Chances Of Getting Pregnant?
PCOS does affect pregnancy but now it is possible to get pregnant with PCOS. Want to know how? With an In vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment, you can easily get pregnant. In the IVF medical procedure, you can get in vitro fertilization to get pregnant without any complications. If you have PCOS, you have many immature eggs and a missed ovulation. With in vitro fertilization, you receive a hormone that causes the eggs to mature before they are fertilized in a laboratory.
The chances of getting pregnant also increase when you are a little older. It is not unusual for ovulation and a functioning period to start towards the age of 40. Menopause thus starts later than for those who do not have PCOS, which means that you have more time to get pregnant.
Healthy Pregnancy Considerations
The most important thing about PCOD is you need to be active in your health. You need to observe the changes in your body, and if you’re facing any issue with your health consult a doctor immediately. It is the most important step towards a healthy pregnancy. Follow healthy routines, exercise eat a healthy diet, stay in touch with your doctor, etc. These tips will control PCOS during pregnancy accelerate your healing process also help you with post-pregnancy healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy & What Can I Do If I Have PCOS?
Ans: First of all don’t panic if you have discovered symptoms of PCOS you should first know how does PCOS affect pregnancy? then, consult your gynecologist first. Also, take a nutrient rich diet, exercise regularly, and help stay healthy.
Q: What Diet Should I Follow To Reduce The Production Of Male Sex Hormones?
Ans: Include low-carbohydrate food and increase the amount of protein in your menu. The rich proteins are green veggies like broccoli, spinach, and nuts including pine nuts, almonds, pistachios, etc. to resist the production of male sex hormones.
Q: How To Lose Weight With PCOS?
Ans: We understand that losing weight with PCOS can be difficult but you can do some physical activities such as jogging, and yoga. Also, you can consult Fitelo dietitians for healthy eating habits and PCOS diet plans to lose weight.
Q: How Does PCOS Affect Pregnancy?
Ans: The increased male sex hormones in the female body will reduce the production of eggs in the body this balance is disturbed and the eggs do not mature as much as is required to produce ovulation.
Are you tired of eating and getting acidity again and again? So, now is the time to say goodbye to your gas problem, as Fitelo, gives you a gastritis diet for 7 days, which will help you get rid of gas and also, prevent its symptoms. Also, know what to add to your diet and what not to.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.