Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Life should be interesting as the name of this fruit is – dragon fruit. Dragons horrify you but this fruit has sweetness and taste to give you. In fact, not just by name but the way it looks is also, quite attractive and riveting. Its color, from inside and outside is in real different from other fruits as well. However, dragon fruit benefits can not be counted because they are many, but yes, is helpful to you in many ways. Let us read further, to know about this amazing fruit.
What Is Dragon Fruit?
Talking about dragon fruit, then it grows on Hylocereus, which is a climbing cactus and is, therefore, found in tropical regions. Interestingly, hylo means wooden, and cereus means waxing, like wao! However, the most fascinating part about this fruit is that it is known by different names in different countries, in Central America, people call it pitaya, for people in Asia, it is a strawberry pear and throughout the US it is a dragon fruit and for us as well. Therefore, along with its some amazing facts, it has a lot to offer your body also.
How Does It Taste?
If you have never tasted this fruit, then let us tell you that it tastes like a mixture of kiwi and pear. However, because of its look of black seeds and white pulp, it will look more look like an oreo shake, but yes, it has several benefits and dragon fruit is good for weight loss also.
Dragon Fruit Benefits
Dragon fruit uses are several in number. Apart from its taste, and how compelling it looks, it is also, good for health. Let us know the benefits this fruit gives us.
1. Nutrient Rich
This fruit is not only rich in flavor but nutrients as well.
- Dragon fruit nutrition makes it a perfect fruit, as it is low in calories but rich in vitamins, and minerals, and contains a good amount of fiber.
- Protein -3 g
- Fiber -7 g
- Vitamin C- 9%
- Magnesium- 18 %
- Carbohydrates- 29 g
2. Fights Chronic diseases
Any food that fights chronic diseases is good for health.
- However, dragon fruit is one of the foods rich in antioxidants, which further, help neutralize free radicals and cell damage.
- It has thus, essential antioxidants like vitamin C, betalains, lycopene, and carotenoids that reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
3. Contains Fiber
Weight loss is there, where fiber is.
- Dragon fruit has 7 g fiber in it, that too per serving making it a fiber rich fruit.
- Moreover, being rich in fiber, it makes you feel full for a longer period of time aiding in weight loss.
4. Dragon Fruit Benefits Gut Health
Dragon fruit is good for health because,
- It has prebiotics in it, which is a type of fiber that further, promotes good bacteria in your gut.
- Dragon fruit, however, promotes two types of good bacteria which are lactic acid and bifidobacteria.
- Also, it reduces the risk of infections in your digestive tract and diarrhea.
5. Strengthens Immune system
So, let us make the immune system stronger.
- Dragon fruit is rich in vitamin C and carotenoids that prevent white cells from being damaged and boost your immune system.
- It is one of the vitamin C-rich food and contains at least 9 % of it per serving.
6. Increase Iron Levels
Iron is one of the essential nutrients that the body requires.
- Being rich in iron, it helps transport oxygen throughout the body and breaks food into energy.
- Also, iron helps produce hemoglobin in the body and supports good energy levels.
7. Hair Growth
Do you want healthy and shiny hair, then choose dragon fruit.
- Being rich in iron, nutrients, and antioxidants, it is good for hair growth also.
- You can, however, apply its juice for 5-10 minutes before washing your hair and see the difference.
- This increases blood circulation, which is, therefore, good for your hair.
8. Dragon Fruit Benefits Skin
Dragon fruit benefits for the skin are something mentioned below.
- Being a good source of vitamin C it helps neutralize free radicals, resulting in slow aging.
- Moreover, it helps in whitening the skin and prevents your skin from UV rays.
9. Good For Eyes
Make your eyes healthy by eating this yummy fruit.
- Dragon fruit contains a good amount of vitamin A, C, and carotene which helps nourish and protects the cornea.
- Also, it helps maintain low light and color vision both.
10. Dragon Fruit Benefits Heart
A healthy heart is the key to a wealthy life. Therefore, including this fruit to diet plan for heart patients will surely be helpful.
- Dragon fruits have betalains which reduce the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol.
- Also, the seeds in it, are rich in omega 3 which prevents your heart from cardiovascular diseases.
11. Good For Bones
Stronger the bones, the younger you feel.
- Dragon fruit contains 18% of magnesium which gives you strong and healthy bones.
- Moreover, people with rheumatoid arthritis should consume this fruit as this helps reduce inflammation and pain.
Fruit Juice Can Make You Fat
Why do you have to choose artificial fruit juices when you can drink juice of real and natural fruits? Well, drinking packed juices can make your weight gain and also, be harmful for your health. Watch this video by Dietitian Mac and save your health.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Red Dragon Fruit Benefits?
Most importantly, dragon fruit or red dragon fruit is the same. Therefore, its benefits are that they are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and good for eyes, skin, and all over health.
How To Eat Dragon Fruit?
Dragon fruit has thick, leathery skin, and the trick to ripe it perfectly is right below-
- With help of a sharp knife, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
- Or, cut it vertically or horizontally without cutting into the peel and push on the back of the skin of the fruit to expose the cubes or remove them with a spoon.
How To Consume Dragon Fruit?
You can, however, consume this fruit in salads, yogurts, or even make a healthy smoothie out of it.
So, dragon fruit is good for health and can be eaten raw or in smoothies. Fitelo, however, tells you how it can help your skin hair, eyes, heart, bones, etc. It is always useful to add such fruits to your diet and such fruits can be a healthy option also, to choose from instead of something unhealthy. However, it is a perfect fruit to choose from, as it is mouth-watering, healthy, and good for weight loss also.
Laddus are difficult to say no to, but when it comes to choosing between health and laddus, then the health of course comes first. But not now, because Fitelo presents you with a healthy recipe of alsi k laddu, which is sugar-free and harmless to consume. So, try this recipe at home and enjoy its benefits of it.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.