Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
1 hour 15 minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Welcome to the vibrant celebration of Durga Puja Festival! As we approach Ashtami Kanya Pujan, immerse yourself in the festive spirit with a classic Halwa Poori and Chana recipe. This traditional dish beautifully blends flavors and traditions, making it the perfect offering during this auspicious occasion. Follow our step-by-step guide to create a delightful meal that embodies the essence of this cherished festival.
How To Prepare Delicious Halwa Poori Chana Recipe At Home?
How to make halwa at home to offer as Prasad during Ashtami Puja must be on your mind right? So heres this easy recipe that will guide you in creating a sweet and aromatic semolina pudding, perfect for the auspicious occasion. Get ready to celebrate with a homemade treat!
Preparation Of Halwa
How to make halwa at home to offer as Prasad during Ashtami Puja must be on your mind right? So here’s this easy recipe that will guide you in creating a sweet and aromatic semolina pudding, perfect for the auspicious occasion. Get ready to celebrate with a homemade treat!
- Heat ghee in a pan and add semolina. Roast on low flame until it turns golden brown.
- In a separate pan, boil water with sugar and cardamom powder.
- Slowly add the sugar syrup to the roasted semolina, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve warm.
|1 cup of semolina (suji)|
|1/2 cup of ghee|
|1/2 cup of sugar|
|2 cups of water|
|A pinch of cardamom powder|
|Chopped nuts for garnish|
Moreover you can try a balanced Navratri diet for weight loss, focusing on nutritious and fasting-friendly foods to help you stay healthy during the festival.
Preparation Of Poori
- Mix salt with wheat flour and add water gradually to make a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll them into discs.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the pooris until they puff up and turn golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel and serve hot.
|2 cups of whole wheat flour|
|1/2 tsp of salt|
|Water, as needed|
|Oil for deep frying|
Preparation Of Chana
A flavorful Chana recipe, perfect for Ashtami Puja. This dish, featuring tender chickpeas in a rich and aromatic gravy, is a cherished offering during the auspicious occasion. Follow these simple steps to create a flavourful treat for your Ashtami Puja celebration.
Moreover if your looking for chana recipes you must definitely try Chana Masala Recipe for best flavourful dish here at Fitelo.
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight, then drain and rinse the chana.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil, cumin seeds, and chopped onions. Sauté until onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes, and spices and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add soaked chickpeas, water, and salt.
- Pressure cook until chickpeas are tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with poori.
|1 cup of dried chickpeas|
|2-3 cups of water|
|2 tbsp of oil|
|1 tsp of cumin seeds|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 tomatoes, finely chopped|
|1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste|
|1/2 tsp of turmeric powder|
|1 tsp of coriander powder|
|1/2 tsp of cumin powder|
|1/2 tsp of red chili powder|
|Salt to taste|
|Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish|
Benefits Of Halwa Poori And Chana For Durga Puja Festival
Here are some benefits of including Halwa, Poori, and Chana in your this years festival celebration:
- Traditional Significance: These dishes have deep-rooted cultural and traditional importance, connecting you to the festival’s heritage.
- Offering To The Deity: Halwa, Poori, and Chana are often offered to Goddess Durga as Prasad, symbolizing devotion and seeking blessings.
- Community Bonding: Preparing and sharing these dishes with family and friends fosters a sense of togetherness and community spirit during the festival.
- Nutritional Value: Halwa offers energy from semolina, while Chana provides protein and fiber, ensuring a balanced meal.
- Flavorful Delight: The rich, aromatic flavors of these dishes add a delightful touch to your festive feast, making the celebration even more enjoyable.
- Fulfilling And Satisfying: Halwa, Poori, and Chana together create a wholesome meal that keeps you full and satisfied throughout the day’s festivities.
- Cultural Experience: Preparing and enjoying these dishes allows you to immerse yourself in the cultural experience of Durga Puja, enhancing your overall celebration.
Nutritional Value Of Halwa Poori And Chana
Here’s the nutritional value of Halwa, Poori, and Chana, highlighting their essential nutrients to support your energy and well-being during the auspicious festival.
Nutritional Value of Halwa, Poori, and Chana (Per Serving)
|Nutrient||Halwa (1 serving)||Poori (1 serving)||Chana (1 serving)|
|Vitamins and Minerals||0||0||0|
|Vitamin A (IU)||150||0||50|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0||0||4|
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific recipes and portion sizes used.
More Dessert Recipes To Try
Apple Halwa Recipe
Moreover you must indulge in a nutritious treat with Apple Halwa, a delectable dessert packed with the goodness of apples, offering vitamins, fiber, and natural sweetness for a guilt-free indulgence.
Sooji Halwa Recipe
Indulge in Sooji Halwa, a popular Indian dessert rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, offering both sweetness and nutrition in every bite.
Explore the health benefits of potatoes, which are low in calories, fat-free, and rich in potassium, supporting weight loss and reducing water retention. Thus you must be well aware of these 5 main potato benefits.
Nikita’s Journey: Weight Loss Transformation
Witness Nikita’s remarkable weight loss journey as she sheds 5kg and inches, inspiring others with her incredible transformation.
Frequently Asked Question
What Is The Significance Of The Durga Puja Festival In Hindu Culture?
Durga Puja holds immense significance in Hindu culture as it symbolises the triumph of good over evil, celebrating Goddess Durga’s victory over the demon Mahishasura.
What Are The Traditional Foods Prepared During Durga Puja Festival?
Traditional foods prepared during Durga Puja Bhog include dishes like Khichuri (a rice and lentil dish), Labra (mixed vegetable curry),halwa puri chana, Narkel Nadu (coconut sweets), and of course, the iconic Luchi (deep-fried bread) served with Chholar Dal or Aloo Dum (spicy potato curry).
How To Make Soft Puri With Milk?
To make soft puris with milk, combine wheat flour, a pinch of salt, and milk to form a soft dough. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes, then roll out small discs and deep-fry in hot oil until they puff up and turn golden brown. Drain excess oil. Moreover you can try Oat Milk Recipe at Fitelo, for something healthy.
Are There Any Dietary Restrictions During Durga Puja?
Durga Puja doesn’t impose specific dietary restrictions, but some people choose to observe vegetarianism as a form of reverence, avoiding meat and fish during the festival. Fasting and consuming only vegetarian food are common practices among devotees.
What Is The Importance Of Navratri In Durga Puja Festival?
Navratri is of utmost importance in the Durga Puja as it signifies the nine divine nights of worship dedicated to Goddess Durga. This Navratri 2023, you will see devotees fasting, offering prayers, and preparing Durga Puja sweets as a mark of reverence, seeking her blessings for strength and prosperity.
Contact Us Today
If you’re searching for the right guidance as well as better assistance, then your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with healthy and easy meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. In addition, it is an important thing to consider your health before starting a restrictive diet. However, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy, and also Enjoy a long happy life.