Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Welcome to the tastiest, most delicious falafel recipe ever! This easy-to-follow recipe will have you eating the most flavorful, satisfying falafel that you have ever tasted. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced chef, you will love this recipe. Enjoy the wonderful flavors of herbs, spices, and chickpeas that make up this classic Middle Eastern dish.
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern dish made from chickpeas or fava beans that have been ground into a paste, shaped into balls or patties, and then fried until crispy. It is often served as a sandwich or on its own as a snack and is a staple of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. Here is a simple healthy falafel recipe to make at home. Let’s get cooking!
How To Make Falafel At Home
Here is an easy falafel recipe that will save up you time and also some extra calories:
- Firstly, soak the chickpeas in water overnight.
- Secondly, drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to a food processor along with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, baking powder, salt, pepper, parsley, and cilantro. Pulse until the mixture is finely ground and forms a paste.
- Stir in the flour to help bind the mixture together.
- Shape the mixture into small balls or patties.
- Further, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Shallow fry the falafel until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the falafel with a slotted spoon and drain it on paper towels.
- Serve hot, either on their own or in a sandwich with pita bread, lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce.
Few Facts About This Middle Eastern Dish – Falafel
1. Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern dish typically made from ground chickpeas and spices.
2. It is usually served as patty and is often accompanied by greek salads, pickles, and sauces.
3. Falafel is a popular street food and is often served as a sandwich.
4. It is also a popular vegetarian and vegan dish.
5. Falafel is a versatile dish that you can have in many different ways, and it is also a great source of protein and fiber.
Health Benefits Of Falafel Recipe
Homemade falafel can be a healthy addition to your diet, providing you with a variety of essential nutrients:
- High In Protein: Falafel is made from chickpeas which are both high in protein. This also makes it a great alternative to meat for vegetarians and vegans.
- Low In Fat: This Falafel recipe is shallow fried in oil, but it’s still lower in fat compared to other fried foods. Baking falafel in the oven is also a healthier alternative.
- Rich In Fiber: Chickpeas are a huge part of high fiber diet, which is important for maintaining good digestion and preventing constipation.
- Good Source Of Complex Carbohydrates: Falafel is made from legumes, which are a good source of complex carbohydrates. These slow-digesting carbohydrates provide sustained energy and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Provides Essential Nutrients: Chickpeas are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, and B vitamins.
- Supports Heart Health: The chickpeas used in falafel are rich in nutrients that support heart health, such as potassium and magnesium.
- May Promote Weight Loss: Moreover, the high fiber and protein content of falafel can help you feel full for longer periods of time, which may promote weight loss.
- Supports Gut Health: The fiber in chickpeas is beneficial for maintaining a healthy gut microbiome, which is important for overall health.
- Gluten-Free Option: Besides falafel recipe made from chickpeas is naturally gluten free, making it a great option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- May Improve Blood Sugar Control: Chickpeas are low on the glycemic index, meaning they have a slow digestion rate and can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Falafel Recipe Nutritional Value
The nutritional value of falafel per piece can vary based on the recipe, cooking method, and size of the serving. However, a single falafel ball made from chickpeas contains around:
|Calories: 80 kcal|
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
How A Diet Plan Can Help In A Healthy Transformation
Marium, a working professional from Ontario, Canada reached out to Fitelo after getting to know about the Fitelo obesity diet plan and how it tackles stuck weight issues. She started slow but steadily worked her way up, and now we are proud to say that Marium has lost a total of 22 kgs in 180 days! She’s healthier, happier, and more confident than ever before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Are The Main Falafel Ingredients?
Ans. The main ingredients in falafel are chickpeas, spices, and sometimes herbs.
Q. How To Serve Falafel Typically?
Ans. You can serve it in pita bread, wrapped in lettuce, or moreover, you can serve it with a variety of dipping sauces.
Q. Is Falafel Recipe Gluten-Free?
Ans. Typically, falafel made from chickpeas is gluten-free.
Q. Can We Bake Falafel Instead Of Frying It?
Ans. Yes, you can bake falafel in the oven to reduce the fat content and make it a healthier option. Simply place the formed falafel balls on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
Do you also replace your meals with salads? If you are health conscious, however, then you may opt for a bowl of salad as if it is healthy when dining out. Dal chawal or salad which one do you think is more healthy? Obviously salad right? Well, see this before you jump to a conclusion.
Contact Us Today
If you are running out of options as to what to make on your weight loss journey which is healthy but yummy too. So, contact us today and we will solve all your food queries with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.