Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Well, antioxidants are one of those things that you surely must have heard about. Call from doctors to dietitians everybody suggests eating foods rich in antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, etc. But now here the question is do you know what they are or why are they important?
Eating healthy food just on the recommendation of somebody will not be that helpful until and unless you know the importance of the meal. It is, however, important to know how is the food helping you and your body. So, below you will get the answers to all your questions, and most importantly you will get to know which foods you should include in your diet. Time to do a favor to your body and add the right fruits and vegetables to your plate.
What Are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants occur naturally in foods that help fight the free radicals in your body before the damage is done on a cellular level. Also, they help prevent and reduce risks of heart diseases, cancers, and many more becoming essential for all-over health. Therefore, it is important to intake foods rich in antioxidants every day to keep yourself healthy and away from diseases.
Foods High In Antioxidants
Well, there must be several foods rich in antioxidants but what is difficult is to know which are the best ones to eat to increase the antioxidant in your body. So, below is the list of antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables that you must add to your diet. Moreover, they are a natural source, safe, inexpensive, and easily available in the market.
Raspberries are delicious and moreover, a powerhouse of antioxidants.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||4 mmol|
- Raspberries are the best option to eat while sugar cravings as they are fewer calories and low in sugar.
- Also, being a good source of antioxidants they lower the risk of heart diseases, certain cancer, diabetes, and obesity.
- Moreover, they reduce inflammation and are rich in fiber which aid in weight loss.
Pecans are nuts and therefore, are a good source of rich minerals, healthy, fats, and antioxidants.
|3.5 ounces/100grams||10.6 mmol|
Benefits Of Pecans
- Pecan, however, helps lower blood pressure as they are rich in calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- It also contains monounsaturated fat that lowers levels of bad LDL cholesterol cutting down the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Also, it prevents various heart diseases in people who are diabetic and keep blood sugars in check.
3. Blue Berries
Blueberries are, however, very popular berries with several benefits and are one antioxidant-rich fruit.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||9.2 mmol|
Benefits Of Blueberries
- Blueberry is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K, and various antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Also, they have flavonoids and their juice reduces the damage of DNA damage, which is a cause of aging and cancer.
- Moreover, blueberries prevent oxidative damage to bad LDL cholesterol further reducing the risk of heart disease.
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants called anthocyanins that, therefore, help reduce the risk of heart
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||5.4 mmol|
- Strawberries contain polyphenols that help improve insulin sensitivity in non-diabetic adults and also metabolize other forms of glucose.
- Also, they have anti-inflammatory properties that prevent skin damage especially when exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
- Moreover, strawberries protect the joints and reduce pain for people with osteoarthritis.
5. Goji Berries
However, goji berries have Lycium, an antioxidant that helps fight heart diseases and skin aging.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||4.3 mmol|
Goji Berry Benefits
- Goji berries protect against age-related eye diseases and also help improve vision as they contain a good amount of antioxidants like zeaxanthin.
- Being rich in antioxidants they also boost immunity and fight harmful free radicals.
- Also, they contain beta-carotene which promoted healthy skin.
6. Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolates are delicious, nutritious, and also, the best foods rich in antioxidants. Moreover, the higher the content of cocoa higher the antioxidants. You can, therefore, try the below recipe of chocolates for weight loss.
|3.5 ounces/100grams||15 mmol|
Dark Chocolate Benefits
- Dark chocolates are, however, rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, and other essential minerals.
- Also, they have cocoa content that further, improves blood flow in the arteries and significantly decreases blood pressure.
- Moreover, it improves insulin sensitivity and lowers oxidation-prone LD, reducing risk factors of diseases.
Well, Kale is one of the most nutritious greens on the planet and however, quite rich in antioxidants.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||2.7 mmol|
Benefits Of Kale
- Kale has many powerful antioxidants like quercetin and kaempferol that therefore, further help your body in effective ways.
- Also, kale is high in vitamin C which is important for a healthy body.
- Moreover, it binds to the bile acids lowering the cholesterol in the body.
8. Red Cabbage
Red cabbage is, however, the most delicious way to increase antioxidants in the body.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||2.2 mmol|
Benefits Of Red Cabbage
- However, red cabbage contains several nutrients, vitamin K, and magnesium that keep the bones healthy and strong.
- Being high in fiber, red cabbage helps get food easily and improves the digestive system also.
- Also, it prevents constipation and benefits the heart by lowering blood pressure and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Beans are foods rich in antioxidants and are inexpensive also.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||2 mmol|
Benefits Of Beans
- Beans are, however, rich in protein that helps maintain and repair the body.
- Also, it has many nutrients like folate that contribute to the making of red blood cells.
- Consumption of beans lowers the risk of coronary heart attacks, and heart diseases cardiovascular diseases and also helps lower blood pressure.
Spinach is one of the best antioxidant-rich vegetables that are also rich in nutrients and low in calories.
|3.5 ounces/100 grams||0.9 mmol|
- Spinach is rich in nutrients that help boost the immune system and also fight against germs to keep your heart healthy.
- Also, spinach is a vegetable that is nearly all water that keeps your body hydrated, and reduces hunger levels aiding in weight loss.
- Moreover, spinach has manganese and vitamin K that helps prevent osteoporosis and rebuild bone tissue.
Why Do You Gain Weight Temporarily?
This situation is quite a common one and surely most of you must have gone through this. Besides following a diet, sometimes you tend to gain weight which is, however, temporary but forces you to think about why did it happen. So, watch this video by Dietitian Mac to know the mistakes that you might do without releasing them.
Which are the best foods rich in antioxidants?
Although, the above-mentioned foods are excellent sources of antioxidants blueberries are the best antioxidant-rich fruit.
Apart from foods rich in antioxidants, which drink has antioxidants?
Apple juice, cider, tomato juice, pomegranate juice, and also, pink grapefruit juice are some excellent sources of antioxidants apart from foods.
Do herbs come under foods rich in antioxidants?
Yes, clove, peppermint, allspice, cinnamon, oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary, saffron, and estragon, all dried and ground are, however, antioxidant-rich herbs.
Are lemons foods rich in antioxidants?
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids which are, therefore, themselves antioxidants.
Is it safe to eat foods rich in antioxidants every day?
Antioxidant foods should, therefore, be taken in a balanced quantity as excess consumption can be problematic for your health. Therefore, a minimum of 8-11,000 antioxidant units per day is enough to prevent oxidative debt.
Can tea be included in foods rich in antioxidants?
However, foods can be in any form call it raw, cooked, or any beverage. So, yes, tea like jamaica, green tea, and black tea also contains antioxidants.
Chocolates are something, that is difficult to say no to, right? But diet-conscious people still manage to control their craving for chocolates, sacrificing their favorite thing. Well, but now they don’t have to, as Fitelo presents you with a recipe of chocolate balls that have no sugar, no calories, and will not give you weight gain as these are made of makhanas. Don’t be surprised, check the recipe out now.
A meal is known to be healthy when it is offering your body good health. But what becomes difficult is to figure out the best food or the right food to have. So, Fitelo presents you with the best foods rich in antioxidants that will help you stay away from certain types of cancer, heart diseases, aging, and many more. So, time to add the above antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables to your diet and start a healthy life.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.