Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Bored of eating regular, and boring meals for lunch? Well, then try this gatte ki sabji today!
This recipe is a very unique one but has been very popular in India. It is made often in every Indian home and is relished either with rice or roti.
This is a typical dish made with masalas, and you will surely enjoy eating it along with cooking it also.
How To Make Gatte Ki Sabji?
Follow the below steps to make this weight loss dish for lunch. For this, you first need to prepare the dough to make gatte. So, let us start with it first.
Preparation Of Flour
- In a bowl add 1cup chickpea flour, 1/4 tsp of salt,1/4 tsp of crushed carom seeds, a pinch of baking soda, 1/4 tsp of red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 4 tsp curd, and 1 tsp of olive oil. Mix all ingredients well.
- Now slowly add water as required, and make a dough out of it. Cover it with a lid and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Then grease your hands, make oval-shaped thin tikkis, and set aside.
- Now place a pan on medium flame and add water to it. After it gets boiled transfer the gatte into it, and cook well.
- Then strain the gatte, chop them into half-inch size, and keep them aside on a plate.
|Chickpea flour||1 cup|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Crushed Carom Seed||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Soda||A pinch|
|Red Chili Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Olive Oil||As required|
Preparation Of Sabji
- Firstly, place the pan on medium flame, add olive oil, and allow it to heat. Now add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves, and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Secondly, in a blender add 4 tomatoes, 2 green chilies, and 1 inch ginger. Blend to form a puree.
- Thirdly, add the prepared puree to the pan along with 1/4 tsp of red chili powder. Continue cooking the masala properly.
- Now when the masala is cooked add curd to it, along with some more salt. Mix well and cover it for a few minutes.
- Your gatte ki sabji is ready to be served. garnish it with coriander leaves to make it more tempting.
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek Leaves||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
Benefits Of Gatte Ki Sabji
Below are the reasons why you should make this sabji for your meal. You can add gatte ki sabji as one of the tasty lunch meal ideas.
- Gram flour used in this recipe helps keep your heart healthy, and aids in weight loss also.
- Tomatoes help boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and help lower your cholesterol levels.
- While curd helps support strong teeth, bones, and healthy digestion.
- Turmeric powder, moreover, helps prevent arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, etc.
- Also, red chili powder helps promote digestive health.
- Cumin seeds added to the recipe help prevent diseases like cancer, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
Nutritional Value Of Gatte Ki Sabji
Here is the nutrition that this sabji gives. But please note, that these values are approximate values, and can differ with the number of ingredients used.
A lot of people prefer drinking nimbooz, or sweet zeera water in summer. Yes, it has the taste of satisfaction and is completely refreshing. But what about your health and weight? Do you think these drinks are healthy for this also?
Well, we would prefer you to drink ghar ka nimboo pani instead of choosing these. To know why, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Gatte Ki Sabji Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, you can gatte ki sabji in your weight loss diet because it is filling, healthy, and can be had as your one whole meal.
What Can You Eat With Gatte Ki Sabji?
You can either eat roti, or rice with it because it is a gravy dish.
How Much Does It Take To Make Gatte Ki Sabji?
It takes, however, around 45 minutes to make this sabji, but the time is totally worth it.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life