White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
The ginger lemon rasam recipe is a popular South Indian soup that is known for its tangy and spicy flavor. It is a staple in many households and is often served as a part of a meal or as a remedy for common ailments. Made with a blend of lentils, tamarind, tomatoes, and a mix of aromatic spices, ginger lemon rasam is packed with nutrition and health benefits.
It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed on its own or as a part of a meal. So, give this recipe a try and experience the health benefits for yourself!
How To Make Ginger Lemon Rasam
Here are the instructions and ingredients of the ginger lemon rasam recipe for you:
- Rinse the toor dal and pressure cook with 2 cups of water until it is soft and mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Further, add curry leaves, grated ginger, salt, and turmeric powder, and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tamarind paste and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Then, add the cooked dal, salt, and 2 cups of water and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutritional Value Of Ginger Lemon Rasam Recipe:
Ginger lemon rasam is a low-calorie dish that is high in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Here’s a breakdown of the nutritional value of one serving of ginger lemon rasam (200 ml):
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 7 grams
- Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin C: 25% of the daily value
- Vitamin A: 10% of the daily value
- Iron: 15% of the daily value
Health Benefits Of Ginger Lemon Rasam Recipe:
Overall, ginger lemon rasam is a delicious and nutritious soup that can offer numerous health benefits.
- Improves Digestion: Ginger lemon rasam is an excellent digestive aid due to the presence of ginger and tamarind. Ginger helps in increasing the secretion of digestive enzymes and also improves gut motility. Tamarind, on the other hand, has laxative properties that can help relieve constipation and improve bowel movements.
- Boosts Immunity: The combination of ginger and lemon in this soup makes it an excellent immune booster. Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help fight infections and diseases. Lemon, on the other hand, is rich in Vitamin C, which is essential for building a strong immune system.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Tamarind, which is one of the key ingredients in ginger lemon rasam, is rich in antioxidants and can help lower cholesterol levels in the body. It can also reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can help reduce pain and stiffness in conditions like arthritis.
- Aids In Weight Loss: Ginger lemon rasam is a low-calorie soup that is high in fiber and protein. This can help keep you feeling full for longer and prevent overeating, which can aid in weight loss.
- Improves Respiratory Health: Ginger and lemon are both beneficial for respiratory health. Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties that can help alleviate symptoms of respiratory illnesses like asthma and bronchitis.
Weight Loss Transformation With A Customized Diet Plan!
Meet Mansha a.k.a Ms. Foodie, who hated the word diet, but was worried about her weight gain. She reached out to Fitelo with a request that she does not have to give up on her favorite food. At Fitelo we believe fitness is a lifelong mantra and that no fad diets can last long term. Mansha’s weight loss transformation through a customized diet plan by Fitelo is proof of how a good diet is all you need for your overall health.
Good News! We have extended our family to new possibilities and our 2023 goal is to make the entire world a healthier place. So here is our first step with Fitelo Deccan that will open the doors for south people who wants to join hands with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I Use Other Lentils Instead Of Toor Dal?
A: Yes, you can use any lentil of your choice, but the taste may vary.
Q: Can I Skip Tamarind Paste?
A: Tamarind paste adds a tangy flavor to the soup, but if you don’t have it, you can use lime juice or tomato juice instead.
Q: How Long Can I Store Ginger Lemon Rasam?
A: You can store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat it before serving.
Q: Is This Ginger Lemon Rasam Recipe Vegan?
A: Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly.
Contact Us Today
We know diets can be boring and sticking to one kind of cuisine can be very monotonous therefore we want to bring a variety of options for you and help you become healthier. Hence, you can always contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life