Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Gluten has been in the limelight for a number of reasons. From youngsters to adults, everybody’s now switching to Gluten-free diets thinking it to be a fashion statement that helps to lose weight. But is this decision worth taking? Thus, read the full blog to know the reality of your myths.
What Is Gluten ?
Gluten is a family of proteins that live in flours like wheat, rye, barley, etc. The two main members of the gluten family include glutenin and gliadin.
Gliadin is responsible for causing all the adverse effects on human health, for which the entire gluten family gets a bad name. When these flours are mixed with water, proteins of the gluten family form a mesh-like structure or in other words form an elastic network, that gives elasticity to the dough and thus these flours find their use in bakery items.
What Is Wrong with Gluten?
- Some people suffer from gluten-related conditions that cause uncomfortable reactions in their immune systems.
- A gluten intolerance, for instance, means that gluten proteins are treated as foreign bodies when they enter a digestive system, so an inflammatory response (an IgG response, in the case of intolerance) is triggered to fight them.
- Also, this response can manifest itself in anything from bloating and also abdominal pain thus leading to nausea and vomiting.
- Moreover, the severity of these responses depends upon the condition, the person is suffering from and also their reactiveness to gluten proteins therein.
- Also, gluten intolerance can appear later in life, sometimes with mild symptoms.
- Whilst the celiac disease is a life-long, autoimmune condition that causes much more severe reactions that can damage the gut wall and thus lead to malnutrition. Here is some information regarding the allergies you may feel with gluten.
1) Celiac disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease. But what does that mean?
It means that when one consumes gluten or products rich in gluten, the body treats gluten as a bad guy. And also our immune warriors attack gluten and also the inner lining of our gut. Thus, this reaction causes micronutrient deficiencies and also severe digestive issues. Adding to this, it also paves the way for a number of diseases.
2) Non-celiac gluten sensitivity
In this condition, people do not test positive for celiac sensitivity, but their body reacts negatively to gluten.
3) Wheat allergy
An allergy to wheat can be a result of a reaction to any of the members of the gluten family, namely, globulin, albumin, gliadin, or glutenin. This causes digestive discomfort.
4) Wheat intolerance
Intolerance to wheat means that a person can experience the same symptoms as gluten intolerance, but it doesn’t mean that they have both conditions. They might only be intolerant to albumin, for example, but not to gluten. So, a person who is gluten intolerant is also wheat intolerant because gluten proteins are found in wheat. Thus, this means that a wheat intolerant person won’t necessarily have to avoid gluten if they are reactive to a different protein.
How do I identify the symptoms?
- The first noticeable symptom is digestive discomfort.
- Thus, this surfaces as abdominal pain, bloating, constipation or diarrhea.
- Since a lot of people experience such troubles commonly, it is thus observed that it’s all too easy for people to put discomfort down to a bad meal or an off day.
- Moreover, if you find yourself suffering from similar symptoms every time after consuming gluten items. So, please make sure to seek medical advice.
So, now that we have established what is gluten and what are the problems associated with it. Thus, let’s dive into the foods you can avoid if you are gluten intolerant.
Allowed fresh foods
- Fruits and vegetables
- Beans, seeds, legumes, and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms
- Lean, non-processed meats, fish, and poultry
- Most low-fat dairy products
Grains, Starches, Or Flours That Also Can Be Part Of A Gluten Free Diet Include
- Corn — cornmeal, grits, and polenta labeled gluten-free
- Gluten-free flours — rice, soy, corn, potato, and bean flours
- Hominy (corn)
- Rice, including wild rice
- Tapioca (cassava root)
Avoid all foods and drinks containing the following:
- Triticale — a cross between wheat and rye
- Oats, in some cases
Processed foods that often contain gluten
- Bulgur wheat
- Beer, ale, porter, stout (usually contain barley
- Cakes and pies
- Communion wafers
- Cookies and crackers
- French fries
- Imitation meat or seafood
- Malt, malt flavoring, and other malt products (barley)
- Hot dogs and processed lunchmeats
- Salad dressings
- Sauces, including soy sauce (wheat)
- Seasoned rice mixes
- Seasoned snack foods, such as potato and tortilla chips
- self-basting poultry
- Soups, bouillon, or soup mixes
- Vegetables in sauces
Some Gluten-Free Recipes From Our Kitchen
Looking for a massive transformation? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Are Gluten-Free Foods?
Ans. Many naturally gluten-free foods can be a part of a healthy diet:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, seeds, legumes and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms.
- Lean, nonprocessed meats, fish and poultry.
- Most low-fat dairy products.
Q. Why Should We Avoid Gluten?
Ans. Gluten can be harmful to people with: Celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that causes damage to the small intestine in people who consume gluten
Do you love Roti? Also, are you finding it hard to give up on roti in every meal with the worry of gaining kilos? But, what if we tell you Roti doesn’t make you fat? Thus, read this post to know what we have to say about it 😉
We request you get yourself tested for any kind of gluten sensitivity if you feel it. And not become your own gurus and also not be dependent upon google or YouTube gurus. Thus, follow a proper diet and follow a healthy lifestyle. Because proper guidance and support can help you achieve a positive happy life. And also kindly make sure that portion control when consuming any kind of food is highly advisable since an excess of anything is bad.