Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Guava chutney, or amrood ki chutney, is a traditional chutney that originated in Himachal Pradesh. This chutney is prepared with hot peppers, cumin, lime juice, etc. This recipe is sweet, spicy, and has a smooth, velvety green texture. So, without further delay, let’s learn how to prepare this tangy chutney.
How To Prepare Guava Chutney Recipe
- Firstly, roughly chop the guavas.
- Secondly, boil water in a pan and add the guavas to the hot water.
- Thirdly, remove the pan from the heat and let the guavas sit in the hot water for 2–3 minutes.
- Then, after the said time, remove the guavas and set them aside on a plate to cool.
- Furthermore, heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, urad dal, and chana dal. Roast on a low flame.
- When the lentils are getting roasted, add in the red chilies. Adjust the red peppers according to your taste.
- Roast until the lentils are golden. Now, remove from the heat and set aside on a plate to cool.
- On the other hand, in the same pan, add the chopped onions, tamarind, and salt. Saute for 3–4 minutes, till the onions are nice and soft. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate to cool.
- Take a mixer jar and add in the lentils, then saute a mixture of onion, tamarind, and salt. Now grind it.
- Add the prepared guavas to the mixer and grind them to a paste. Add very little water while grinding as required.
- To temper, the guava chutney, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and dry red chilies. Let the mustard seeds crackle. Add it to the prepared chutney.
- Finally, your guava chutney is ready.
Nutritional Value Of Guava Chutney
Health Benefits Of Guava Chutney
So, here, we are sharing a few health advantages of including guava chutney in your weight loss diet plan:
- The high fiber in Guava is known to show positive weight loss results and controls blood sugar levels.
- This chutney controls blood pressure and is thus one of the healthy heart fruits and
- Moreover, taking guava leaf extract helps decrease symptoms of painful menstruation, including
- Consuming guavas may also prevent or reduce diarrhea and constipation.
- Thus, guavas are one of the richest food sources of vitamin C. It also helps protect against illness
- The antioxidants and vitamins in guavas also help slow down the aging of your skin.
- The brutal summer sun can cause skin burns and thus guava can help even out skin tone.
Also, Read: 5 Reasons To Eat Guava For Diabetes: A Powerhouse Remedy
Serving Suggestions Of Guava Chutney Recipe
Let’s see how we can serve guava chutney:
- Serve amrood chutney on the side with your everyday Indian meals or with breakfast recipes such as dosa, veg curry, idli, uttapam, appe, etc.
- It can also be used as a spread in sandwiches and rolls.
- Also, you can use it as a dip for your evening snacks as well.
- Guava chutney will easily last for 4-5 days stored in an air-tight container.
- Always try to use a clean and dry spoon for every use, it will ensure that the chutney lasts longer.
- Also, keep it in the refrigerator.
Success Story Of Komal: Incredible Weight Loss Journey
“Adapting to a healthy lifestyle requires a lot of determination,” says Komaldeep from Newland who lost 14 kgs in just 90 days. She reached out to us concerned about his health and increasing weight.
However, our Fitelo dietitians worked closely with Komaldeep and understood everything about her routine, lifestyle, and habits.
Also, they provided her customized diet plans with multiple cheat meal options that helped a lot throughout her weight loss journey. So, read the full story and see how she achieved her desired weight!
Is packed guava juice healthy? However, most people think, packaged juice is a healthy alternative to cold drinks. They prefer this juice thinking they are consuming something natural and healthy as compared to a cold drink. So, let’s read about this fact and find out the answer to this question. Read Now.
Ancient Bread Making Methods (2000-year-old bread) By Chef Manav Suri
Today’s packaged bread is very dangerous for our health because it contains a lot of chemicals and preservatives. So, can we replace it with ancient bread? Yes, we can replace it with ancient bread.
So, let’s learn how to prepare ancient bread, which is full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, vitamins (B and E), and minerals (like magnesium, iron, and potassium), which protect against chronic diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can We Have The Guava Chutney With Our Nachos?
Ans. Of course! That will surely be an excellent combination of tangy and sweet tastes.
Q. Can We Add Spices In The Guava Chutney?
Ans. Yes, you can add chili flakes.
Q: What Can Be Made Of Guava Fruit?
Ans: Now because of the fruit’s high pectin content, you’re able to make guava jams, guava marmalade, and guava paste from the fruit. So, guava paste is essentially like fruit leather made by cooking the guava fruit with sugar (and sometimes fresh lime juice) until it becomes a very thick [delicious] paste.
Q: Is Guava Fruit Healthy Or Unhealthy?
Ans: Guava is loaded with nutrients. Not only does it have more Vitamin C than oranges, but guava is also rich in other antioxidants and has been shown to have a number of great health benefits. So, here are just a few of the benefits of eating this tropical fruit. One of the key nutrients found in guava is fiber.
Q: Which Fruit Should Not Be Consumed With Guava?
Ans: Guava should not be consumed with bananas. Thus, some studies claim that the duo can even increase your chances of nausea, acidosis, and headaches.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.