Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Tired of eating the same old khichdi when you’re feeling unwell? Well, guess what? There’s a super exciting twist waiting for you—the hariyali sabudana khichdi! It’s like giving a fun makeover to the usual khichdi.
With tiny, soft sabudana pearls hanging out with spinach, mint, and coriander they invite potatoes and peanuts to the party too! It’s like a taste explosion in your mouth. The colors are so cool, like a beautiful painting on your plate.
This isn’t just food; it’s an adventure for your taste buds and your health. Time to wave goodbye to boring and hello to the super tasty hariyali sabudana khichdi!
How To Make Hariyali Sabudana Khichdi At Home?
Here are the easy instructions to make the hariyali sabudana khichdi a healthy recipe.
- We will start by rinsing the sabudana under running water until the water runs clear. Now soak the sabudanas in water to cover them for about 4-5 hours or overnight. Drain any excess water.
- To make our green paste, we will take a blender and add the chopped spinach, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and green chilies. Blend them into a smooth paste. Add a little water if required.
- Now heat olive oil in a pan add the diced potatoes and cook them until they are slightly crispy and cooked through. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add another tablespoon of ghee or oil. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the grated ginger and chopped green chilies. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the prepared green paste and cook it for 2-3 minutes until the raw smell disappears and the paste thickens a bit.
- Now add the soaked and drained sabudana and the cooked potatoes to the pan. Mix everything well to combine.
- Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture on low-medium heat for about 5-7 minutes until the sabudana pearls become translucent and soft. Make sure not to overcook them, as they can become sticky.
- Add the coarsely crushed peanuts and mix them into the khichdi.
- Add salt according to taste, and squeeze in the lemon juice. Now mix well to combine all the flavors.
- Once everything is combined together and cooked, turn off the heat. Garnish with freshly grated coconut if desired.
Benefits Of Hariyali Sabudana Khichdi
Here are the benefits that you can get from this amazing hariyali sabudana khichdi recipe. Which is beneficial for your fat loss.
- Spinach, mint, and coriander are nutrient-dense ingredients in this dish that offer important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants without adding a lot of calories.
- Sabudana and vegetables contain a high dietary fiber content, which aids in digestion, keeps satiety levels high, and can help with weight reduction by reducing overeating.
- The addition of peanuts to the khichdi boosts the amount of plant-based protein, which helps with muscle preservation and hunger control, both of which are helpful for managing weight.
- Small amounts of ghee or oil added to food during cooking offer healthy fats that promote sustained energy and assist with weight reduction objectives. These fats also help with the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and contribute to a balanced diet.
- This recipe, in contrast to conventional rice-based recipes, employs sabudana, a complex carbohydrate source. The carefully regulated carbohydrate content stabilizes blood sugar levels and lessens the possibility of unexpected cravings.
- The high-water content of spinach, mint, and coriander keeps you hydrated and encourages detoxification, which helps with weight reduction and a healthier metabolism.
Here are the approximate nutritional values you can get from this amazing recipe and the hariyali sabudana khichdi ingredients we have used. The values can vary depending on the quantity and ingredients you are opting for.
|Nutrients||Value (1 Cup)|
Try Other Recipes
Here are some other recipes which you can make with sabudana. These recipes are only tasty but healthy which can give benefits in weight loss plans.
The Ghar Ke bane daal chawal is phenomenal, isn’t it?….. But you know Daal Chawal is best, which you can include in your weight loss journey to know more click here.
Read the full story of the transformation of Anu who is a superwoman and did an exceptional transformation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hariyali Sabudana Khichdi Recipe Healthy For Weight Loss?
Due to its nutrient-rich components, balanced carbohydrate, fiber, and healthy fat content, the Hariyali Sabudana Khichdi dish might be a beneficial choice for weight reduction. Sabudana is high in calories, thus it’s important to eat in moderation.
What Is Sabudana, And How Is It Made?
The starchy material sabudana, commonly referred to as tapioca pearls, is taken from the roots of the cassava plant. The cassava root is processed to extract starch, which is then formed into tiny pearls or granules to create sabudana. These pearls are frequently utilized as a source of carbs in a variety of cuisines.
Is Sabudana Gluten-Free?
Yes, sabudana is naturally devoid of gluten, making it a good choice for those who have celiac disease or are gluten-sensitive.
How Does Sabudana Benefit Health?
Sabudana is a good source of readily assimilated carbs, offering an immediate and long-lasting energy release. It is also ideal for people who want to boost energy without consuming too much fat because it is rich in calories and low in fat. A tiny quantity of protein and dietary fiber is also included, which help with satiety and digestion. Sabudana has a high carbohydrate content, thus it’s crucial to eat it in moderation as part of a healthy diet.
Contact Us Today
We know planning a meal is hectic complicated, boring, and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. But professionals should be such, who keep in mind your cravings and your goal together. So, contact us today and give us a chance to prove to you that weight loss is possible no matter what and that this journey can never be dull.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.