White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Turmeric or Haldi is a plant that is used as a spice. It is a part of the ginger family. For ages, it has been an integral part of the Indian household. But, are you aware of the numerous health benefits of turmeric, than just being the reason for the golden color and flavor of your curries?
Turmeric contains medicinal compounds termed curcuminoids. The most important among these is curcumin.
Curcumin is present in turmeric’s root stalk. It has excellent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and therapeutic properties.
So, the absence of it can be compensated by consuming turmeric powder along with black pepper. Black pepper contains piperine. This compound also has anti-inflammatory properties that improve digestion by lowering intestinal inflammation. Together, both give anti-inflammatory and digestive action. Moreover, they help to reduce pain and fight cancer cells.
There is a myriad of health benefits of turmeric powder such as :
1. Immunity Booster
A healthy immune system is what we all need at this point. Turmeric is a natural compound that helps boost the immune system. It also fights viral multiplication in the body.
2. Aids Proper Functioning Of Lungs
Breathlessness is the most challenging aspect of most respiratory illnesses. Most individuals experience an unusual heaviness in their chest. This is due to prolonged blockage and swelling in the air passages.
Turmeric reduces swelling in the respiratory tract. It also helps in the clearing of the lungs and the purification of the system.
3. Aids In battle against Depression
With so much happening around the world- the pandemic, stress, grief, the mental health of many individuals are affected. So, a considerable number of individuals are falling prey to anxiety, depression and other such problems. But, who knew that a common kitchen ingredient could help alleviate symptoms of a depressive episode?
Turmeric has a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitters: serotonin and dopamine. They determine the mood and behaviour of an individual. It also helps counteract all of the after-effects of stress.
4. Helps you get rid of the Bulge
It is a scientifically proven fact that turmeric helps you lose weight.
- Haldi reduces hypertension and high blood cholesterol. It also reduces blood sugar levels. This is done by suppressing the inflammation in fat, pancreatic and muscle tissues.
- It encourages the gall bladder to generate more bile juice, which facilitates digestion.
5. Slows Down Formation Of Blood Clots
In lab tests, turmeric showed a reduction in the aggregation of platelets and thus, a decrease in the potential risk of formation of blood clots.
6. Speeds Up Wound Healing
In childhood, our granny used to put haldi on a cut wound to stop the flow of blood. There is a reason for it. Turmeric is a proven remedy to stop or slow down the oozing of blood.
7. Enhances skin health
Haldi is used to make the skin shine and glow. Because of its antioxidant properties, it is one of the most used products to boost skin health. Turmeric powder can be mixed with a variety of ingredients and used as a face pack.
8. Helps Protect Against Alzheimer’s
- It reduces inflammation and the development of protein plaques in the brain. These symptoms are typical of Alzheimer’s patients.
- Turmeric can postpone or revert brain deterioration.
9. Aids in relief from Arthritis Pain
Turmeric is beneficial in both Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- It shows a reduction in severe inflammation that affects the joints during rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- It can be a secure and reliable choice for long-term osteoarthritis therapy (OA).
How Do I Avail The Health Benefits Of Turmeric The Right Way?
1. Turmeric Tea
Turmeric tea is simply an infusion of turmeric powder in hot water. You can try out the recipe of our ginger-turmeric tea.
An added bonus is that this tea helps detoxify the body.
2. Turmeric Milk
Warm milk with a dash of turmeric or ‘Haldi wala doodh’ after dinner works best. Other benefits of drinking turmeric milk before sleep are:
- It helps in fixing your sleep pattern because it contains the amino acid tryptophan. Thus, this helps initiate sleep. So, Insomniacs, take notes!
- It helps with nasal congestion and sore throat.
- It also helps in relieving pain in the joints.
3. Turmeric As a Spice
Even if you do not consume turmeric tea or milk, just eating your ‘Ghar ka khana’ is enough. It is because haldi is an essential spice that is used for cooking in our homes daily.
We believe in the saying ‘LET FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE’. Turmeric or Haldi is one such medicinal herb that, when consumed intelligently, does wonders for your overall well-being. But, do not consume turmeric in excess as it might prevent absorption of iron. It can also lead to the formation of kidney stones on binding with calcium.
Inspiring Customer Stories
- Manisha’s Post Pregnancy Weight loss story
- Need Some Help With Weight Loss? Join Now.
- 80 to 66 Kg in 75 Days | Read Dr Ritu’s weight loss transition
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss – Is It Worth The Hype?
- Is upma good for weight loss? Try these Weight loss Upma Recipes
- Post-Pregnancy Weight Loss | Tips & Diet plan to lose weight
India is both the largest consumer and producer of turmeric powder worldwide. This golden spice is much more than just a natural food colourant. Thus, tap to know more about this wonder spice.