Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
1 Hour 30 Minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
How to make dhokla at home? It has been a common question on the internet. From dhokla what always comes into the mind is the famous dialogue from the movie 3 Idiots – Gujrati people are so cute, but why the names of their foods are so dangerous-dhokla, fafda, thepla they sound like they are missiles! Anyhow, dhokla is a famous dish that is relished all over India. But have you ever tried cooking dhokla with oats? If not, then Fitelo has come up with something unique, interesting and healthy. Let us see what it is.
How To Prepare Dhokla At Home?
To prepare dhokla at home, mix fermented chickpea flour batter with spices, steam until fluffy, and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Here is brief discription of the recipe.
- Firstly, roast the oats in a pan and then allow them to cool.
- Secondly, when cooled grind them well.
- Thirdly, in it add besan, low-fat curd, or yogurt and set aside for 1 hour.
- Then add grated ginger, salt, baking powder, and water and mix well.
- In a steaming tray add the batter and steam till done.
- Now for tempering (tadka), in another pan heat some oil and add mustard seeds, flax seeds, green chilli, stevia, curry leaves, and water.
- Pour the mixture into dhokla along with fresh coriander.
Benefits Of Oats Coriander Dhokla
Here are some health benefits of eating dhokla:
- Flax seeds used in the dhokla recipe are packed with nutrients, including protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, thiamine, and copper.
- Consuming curry leaves, however, aids in weight loss.
- Curd is rich in nutrients, calcium, trace minerals, and vitamin B.
- Mustard seeds are rich in compounds like glucosinolates and myrosinase, which further, help prevent the growth of cancer-causing cells in the body.
Nutritional Value Of Oats Coriander Dhokla Per Serving
What Are The Raw Materials Of Dhokla And Its Various Types?
The main raw materials for basic dhokla are:
- Besan (Gram Flour): The primary ingredient.
- Yogurt: Adds acidity and helps with fermentation.
- Water: To make the batter.
- Turmeric, Ginger-Green Chili Paste, Salt: For flavor.
Various types of dhokla include:
- Khaman Dhokla: Soft and spongy, made from fermented besan batter, typically garnished with mustard seeds and coriander leaves. Moreover you can try the khaman dhokla recipe at fitelo.
- Rava Dhokla: Made using semolina (rava) instead of besan, offering a slightly different texture.
- Chickpea Flour Dhokla: A gluten-free version made with chickpea flour and often combined with other flours like rice flour.
- Green Dhokla: Made with a blend of different lentils and rice, giving it a green color due to the addition of spinach or fenugreek leaves.
- Corn Dhokla: Incorporates cornmeal and sometimes fresh corn kernels for a unique flavor and texture.
- Multigrain Dhokla: Combines various flours like besan, rice flour, and wheat flour for added nutrition.
- Instant Dhokla: A quick version using eno or baking soda to achieve the fermentation effect without waiting for natural fermentation.
- Moong Dal Dhokla: Prepared using split green gram (moong dal) instead of besan, offering a lighter and protein-rich variation.
Each type of dhokla offers a distinct taste and texture, catering to different preferences and dietary needs.
Try This Too – How To Make Jowar Dhokla At Home
Dietitian Mac has another amazing recipe of dhokla especially, for people who are on their journey of weight loss. This is a jowar dhokla all healthy and easy to make.
Worship Lord Ganesh this year with a yummy and healthy recipe of modak. Fitelo has come up with a new style recipe of this mithai totally with a healthy sweet. Moreover, people who are diabetic can also eat it with no worries. So, try this mithai recipe this Ganesh Chaturthi.
Marium’s Inspiring 22 Kg Weight Loss Journey In 6 Months!
Witness Marium’s incredible transformation as she sheds 22 kgs in just six months with the guidance of Fitelo. Her inspiring journey from unhappiness to improved health and confidence serves as a powerful reminder that determination and proper support can lead to remarkable weight loss results.
Frequently Asked Question
How To Prepare Dhokla At Home?
To prepare dhokla at home, mix besan (gram flour) with yogurt, add turmeric, ginger-green chili paste, and salt. Mix, steam the batter until cooked, and temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies for a delicious dhokla.
What Are The Raw Materials Of Dhokla?
The main raw materials for making dhokla include gram flour (besan), yogurt, water, turmeric, ginger-green chili paste, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients to create the batter, and then steam it to achieve the spongy and flavorful texture of dhokla.
Which Method Is Used For Preparing Dhokla?
The best method is the steaming method is commonly used for preparing dhokla. The batter, usually made from besan (gram flour) and yogurt, is seasoned with spices and poured into a greased container. It’s then steamed until it puffs up and becomes spongy, resulting in the characteristic texture of dhokla.
How To Make Dhokla At Home Easily?
Create a batter by mixing besan, yogurt, turmeric, ginger-green chili paste, and salt. Pour into a greased container and steam until spongy. Tempering with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies adds final flavor to the easy homemade dhokla.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.