White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Breakfast? Poha time!
Snacking time? Poha time!
Poha is the evergreen favourite food for us Indians. We can prepare this light meal/ everyone’s favourite breakfast choice in endless variations depending on the place of origin, and taste, but the healthiest of them all is this Indori Poha or special Steamed Poha Recipe!
- Firstly, take 2 cups of poha or flattened rice.
- Wash it properly in a sieve. Moreover, make sure you are stirring with a fork continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Now, to steam the poha, take a kadhai and add some water in it. On top of it place a container with holes containing poha.
- Then, semi cover the sieve with a plate and steam the poha for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now, shift the steamed poha to a bowl.
- Let us prepare tadka now. In another small pan, take a teaspoon of oil, add some mustard seeds, finely chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Then stir fry them
- Come back to the steamed poha, add some turmeric powder and mix evenly.
- Then, add some boiled vegetables of your choice. Like – beans, Bell peppers and peas.
- Then on top of the poha, add your prepared tadka.
- Also add salt as per your taste, juice of a lemon and some fresh coriander leaves.
- Finally, give all the ingredients a good mix!
Your special Indori Poha/ Steam Poha is ready to eat!
You can garnish your Poha with pomegranate seeds, sev, roasted peanuts as per choice and health goal.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Poha (Steamed Poha)?
- Poha is rich in iron, and if you eat it every day, you will never be Iron deficient.
- On top of that, when you squeeze lemon juice on top, it boosts the body’s iron absorption because of the Vitamin C present in it.
- Poha is a dish that is rich in fiber as both raw poha and veggies contribute to the fiber content. Fiber aids digestion and keeps you full for long.
- This Steamed Poha recipe is gluten-free.
- Boiled vegetables like peas, beans and capsicum used in Poha are low in calories and provide all the antioxidants that are necessary to fight all kinds of illness.
Is Indori Poha Good For Weight Loss?
Since it is not fried like the traditional Poha, you cut out on the excess calories of the oil. So, it makes Indori Poha good for weight loss.
Indori Poha History
Indori Poha has originated from Indore, a famous city in Madhya Pradesh state of India, hence the name. Although Poha has its roots in Maharashtra, it is made in a different style there. Poha was introduced in Indore a few years after independence by Purshottam Joshi who migrated from Raigarh, Maharashtra to Indore. Indori Poha is famous for its distinctive taste and blend of flavours owing to ingredients like Sev, pomegranate, cardamom, coriander, ginger powder, amchoor etc. Indori pohe-jalebi is another famous dish from Indore, which is just having poha with jalebi.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen
Inspiring Transformation Stories
- Read How Megha from Delhi Lost 10 kg With PCOS Weight-loss Specialist
- Shourya from Varanasi took our pre diabetic diet plan and lost 7 kgs!
- Get Toned Body like Mahalakshmi With Our Diet Planner. JOIN FITELO
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Pomegranate-The Miracle Fruit. Why Doctors and Dietitians Love Anar😎
- Best Online Nutritionist & Dietitian In Bangalore
- Best Diet Plan & Dietitian For Heart Patient
Team Poha or Team Rice? Let us help you decide! Read 5 reasons why Poha is better than Rice.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from FITELO’S kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.