Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Poha, or flattened rice, is the evergreen favorite food for us Indians. We can prepare this light meal in endless variations depending on the place of origin and taste, but the healthiest of them all is this Indori Poha, a beloved dish from Indore, a vibrant city in Madhya Pradesh! So, let’s check out the ingredients and the process to make this recipe.
How To Make Indori Poha?
Known for its unique blend of flavors and textures, Indori Poha has gained popularity not only in its place of origin but also across the country. What sets the Indori Poha recipe apart from other variations of this popular dish is the addition of fennel seeds, curry leaves benefits, mustard seeds, and peanuts. These ingredients add a burst of flavors and textures that truly elevate the dish to new heights. So, let’s get to know how to make Indori Poha recipe:
- Firstly, take 2 cups of poha or flattened rice.
- Wash it properly in a sieve. Moreover, make sure you are stirring with a fork continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Now, to steam the poha, take a kadhai and add some water in it. On top of it place a container with holes containing poha.
- Then, semi cover the sieve with a plate and steam the poha for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now, shift the steamed poha to a bowl.
- Let us prepare tadka now. In another small pan, take a teaspoon of oil, and add some mustard seeds, finely chopped green chilies, and curry leaves. Then stir fry them
- Come back to the steamed poha, add some turmeric powder and mix evenly.
- Then, add some boiled vegetables of your choice. Like – beans, Bell peppers and peas.
- Then on top of the poha, add your prepared tadka.
- Also add salt as per your taste, juice of a lemon and some fresh coriander leaves.
- Finally, give all the ingredients a good mix!
Your special Indori Poha/ Steam Poha is ready to eat!
You can garnish your Poha with pomegranate seeds, sev, roasted peanuts as per choice and health goal.
Nutritional Value Of Indori Poha Recipe
The Vegetable Poha recipe, made from flattened rice flakes, is low in calories and fat. It provides a good amount of carbohydrates, which give you energy to kickstart your day. Additionally, it contains dietary fiber that aids digestion and helps maintain bowel regularity. Read our blog,’ Is Poha good for weight loss?‘ to know more about its goodness. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value of this vegetable Poha recipe:
|Vitamin A||1003 IU|
|Vitamin C||97.5 mg|
So, Indori Poha offers a balanced combination of carbohydrates, proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – making it a nourishing choice for breakfast! Keep in mind that these values are estimates and can vary based on portion sizes, specific brands of ingredients, and other variables.
Health Benefits Of Eating Indori Poha
Indori Poha, or steamed poha is not only a delicious and filling breakfast option, but it also offers several health benefits. Let’s explore some of the benefits that make this dish a popular choice among people.
1. Rich in Carbohydrates: This breakfast Poha is primarily made from flattened rice, which is a good source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy, providing fuel for daily activities.
2. Low in Fat: Indori Poha masala is typically cooked with minimal oil, making it a low-fat dish. So, this poha for weight loss can be beneficial for those looking to manage their fat intake.
3. Good Source of Dietary Fiber: Poha contains dietary fiber, which supports healthy digestion, prevents constipation, and promotes a feeling of fullness, aiding in weight management.
4. Nutrient-Rich Vegetables: The addition of peas, beans, and capsicum provides essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
5. Turmeric’s Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Turmeric powder, often used in Indori Breakfast Poha, contains curcumin, a compound with potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It may help reduce inflammation and support overall health.
6. Vitamin C Boost: Including lemon and green chilies in the Indori Poha masala recipe adds vitamin C that supports the immune system and skin health. Also, read our blog on ‘Is Poha good for diabetics?’ to know more.
7. Curry Leaves Magic: Curry leaves used in the tempering process are known for their potential to aid digestion, manage blood sugar levels, and provide certain vitamins and minerals.
8. High Iron Content: Iron is crucial in carrying oxygen throughout the body and maintaining energy levels. It is especially beneficial for individuals with iron deficiency or anemia.
9. Protein Rich: Including protein-rich foods like peas or peanuts in poha helps build and repair tissues and keep your immune system strong.
Other Benefits Of Steamed Poha Recipe
- Balanced Meal: Indori Poha is a vegetable Poha recipe that combines carbohydrates, protein from peas and beans, and vegetables, making it a balanced meal that can provide sustained energy and satiety.
- Light and Easily Digestible: Poha is easy to digest and is often recommended as a light breakfast option, making it an easily digestible food suitable for people of various age groups.
- Cultural and Culinary Experience: Enjoying traditional foods like Indori Poha can contribute to a sense of cultural connection and culinary diversity, enhancing overall well-being.
- Customizable: Indori Poha masala is versatile and can be customized with additional ingredients like nuts, seeds, and other vegetables to enhance its nutritional profile further.
So, Indori Breakfast Poha not only satisfies your taste buds but offers numerous health benefits due to its nutritious ingredients, such as flattened rice flakes, vegetables, peanuts, and turmeric. So start your day on a healthier note by enjoying this quick yet wholesome breakfast recipe!
Komaldeep Transformation – Shedding 14 Kg In Just 90 Days With Fitelo
Komaldeep Kaur, a resident of New Zealand, faced health concerns and weight gain with a busy schedule, no time for meal preparation, and a sedentary lifestyle. Fitelo’s dieticians collaborated with Komaldeep and customized her diet plan to accommodate cheat meals and address her time constraints. As a result, Komaldeep achieved an impressive weight loss of 14 kg within 90 days. Read her inspiring success story here:
Do you know 100 g of raw Poha contains 70 g of healthy carbs? Unlike rice, Poha is not polished and includes 2-4 g fiber per 100 g serving, depending on the source and its processing. Because of the high fiber content, blood sugar levels do not rise rapidly, and it helps keep you full for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between Poha And Indori Poha?
Indori Poha is prepared differently from other variations of Poha prevalent throughout India. Rather than being cooked alongside other ingredients, it is first cooked in steam. Indori Poha gets its characteristic taste, softness, and flavor from this.
Is Indori Poha Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, it is less in calories and rich in nutrients, and it is a perfect choice to add to a weight loss diet. Since it is not fried like the traditional Poha, you cut out on the excess calories of the oil.
What Are The Benefits Of Indori Poha?
Made from flattened rice, it’s light, nutritious, and easily digestible. This low-calorie option is rich in carbohydrates for quick energy. Adding vegetables, peanuts, and spices also provides vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
Can You Add Vegetables Of Your Choice To Indori Poha?
Yes, you can customize Indori Poha by adding vegetables of your choice, such as peas, beans, capsicum, carrots, and more, to enhance its nutritional value and taste.
Contact Us Today
Get in touch with our expert team at Fitelo to kick-start your own transformative journey! Let us guide you toward your weight loss goals and help you cultivate sustainable & healthy eating habits. So, contact us today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with Fitelo!
This recipe was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The vital thing to consider is your own health before starting a restrictive diet. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long, happy life.