Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Is moong dal good for weight loss? The answer is yes! Moong dal is a perfect source to include, particularly to reduce belly fat, and is a good fitness fix for calorie counters. Whether the moong dal is soaked, sprouted, or cooked, it offers ample nutrition that can help you get fit and slim in a healthy way.
Moreover, moong dal is an Indian staple food that is easy to cook, easy to digest, and easily available. This dal comes in three varieties.
- Sabut Moong
- Chhilka Moong
- Dhuli Moong
According to top dietitians like Mac Singh, sabut moong dal or green moong dal is particularly high in fiber. So, like this, let’s learn more about moong dal and know how moong dal is good for weight loss.
Moong Dal In English: Green Gram Dal
Moong Dal In Tamil: Payatham Paruppu
Is Moong Dal Good For Weight Loss?
We Indians have a love affair with moong dal, as we include this nutritious lentil in many dishes across every region of the country. From moong dal chila, moong dal halwa to, moong dal khichdi, etc. But the most loved one is moong dal tadka. But how do all these recipes help with weight loss? Yes, they did. So, here, let’s know a few points that prove moong dal is good for weight loss.
So, here we are sharing a round-up of factors that make moong dal an ultimate weight loss-friendly ingredient.
- High In Proteins
Usually, proteins take a long time to digest. It helps suppress your hunger and boosts the thermic effect, which will help the body promote fat burning. Also, in moong dal, approximately 25 grams of protein are present per 100 grams.
- High In Fibres
Mong dal is rich in protein and fiber, which makes it a perfect source to include in your weight-loss diet plan. There are approximately 16gm of fiber per 100 grams of moong. Also, the presence of rich fiber helps promote better digestion and induces a feeling of fullness.
Did you know that one serving of cooked moong dal contains only 100 calories? However, this makes moong dal a low-calorie food option. Raw moong beans have 1/2 gms of fat per 100 grams.
How Can You Incorporate Moong Dal To Lose Weight?
Moong dal is one of the natural weight-loss plant-based food. This lentil is light on the stomach and perfect for digestion. So, this makes this dal an ideal food for vegetarians.
Being a rich source of protein and fiber, consuming moong dal leads to an increase in the satiety hormone called “cholecystokinin. Thus, this hormone helps you stay full for longer and keeps your junk food craving at bay.
So, there are a few different ways to consume moong dal for weight loss, let’s have a look:
- Moong Dal Chila
This chila is loaded with a wealth of weight loss benefits. Moong dal chila is the best and most healthy way to start your day. So, it is easy to cook with the bare minimum of ingredients.
2. Moong Dal Toast
It is delicious and works for yummy snacks. Moong dal toast is an easy and simple snack to prepare but it is light to digest.
3. Moong Dal Recipe For Soup
Moong dal soup is healthy and aid in weight loss. Adding this healthy soup to your weight loss journey will be beneficial for overall health.
4. Moong Dal Bhelpuri Recipe
Moong dal bhelpuri is a perfect mid-day meal with a tangy taste. Thus, this bhelpuri is easy to prepare that comes with many health benefits.
5. Masala Mong Sprouts
Sprout moong is also considered one of the perfect ways to consume moong beans. It has many health advantages such as keeping the heart healthy, helping in lowering high cholesterol, etc.
Health Advantages Of Moong Dal
Moong dal is low in fat and high in protein and fiber. This gives satiety for a longer time. So, consuming moong dal makes the human body feel full, which is why we don’t feel the urge to snack in between. All this leads to weight loss. Thus, there are many other health benefits of including moong dal in our daily lives. So, let’s have a look:
1. Helps In Weight Loss
- In a 100-gram serving of moong dal, you have only 347 calories.
- As it is high in fiber content, this aids in preventing constipation and bloating issues.
- So, the presence of a low glycemic index in moong dal will promote stabilizing blood sugar levels, and stave off hunger pangs and sugar cravings.
- Also, the protein content in the moong green gram dal helps in building muscle mass and burning fat.
- Moreover, it is a great source of folate, which helps in the metabolism of fat.
2. Moong Dal Is Good For Heart Health
- Mong beans contain potassium and magnesium, along with fiber. Thus, this promotes healthy blood pressure levels.
- Being rich in antioxidants, for example, flavonoids and phenolic acids, it protects the heart against oxidative stress and inflammation. Thus, it is the right source of plant-based protein that can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Also, the presence of soluble fiber in moong beans can lower cholesterol levels.
3. Manage Diabetes
- The high fiber slows down the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, thus preventing spikes in blood sugar levels.
- Moreover, the protein helps improve insulin sensitivity and reduces the risk of insulin resistance.
- Magnesium in moong dal helps to improve insulin sensitivity and regulate blood sugar levels.
4. Improves Digestive Health
- The soluble fiber helps in the absorption of water and electrolytes. This process of absorption prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movements.
- On the other hand, the insoluble fiber adds bulk to stools and reduces the risk of gastrointestinal disorders.
- The presence of anti-inflammatory properties reduces inflammation in the gut and prevents digestive disorders.
- The high potassium content in moong beans aids in regulating the fluid balance in the human body and prevents bloating.
5. Good For Skin And Hair
- Protein in green gram promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall in the human body.
- Also, vitamin C in moong beans promotes collagen synthesis, improves skin elasticity, and reduces wrinkles.
- So, the antioxidants in the green gram help to prevent acne and other skin blemishes.
- Did you know applying moong dal paste to the scalp can help treat dandruff and other scalp problems? Also, applying the paste helps nourish the scalp and improve hair health.
Summary Of Is Moong Dal Good For Weight Loss?
Green gram dal is a versatile and nutritious lentil or legume that offers a wide range of health advantages. Also, it helps in aiding digestion, regulating blood sugar levels, promoting weight loss, and boosting immunity. Thus, moong dal is an excellent addition to any regular diet. Due to the presence of high protein, fiber, and low-calorie content, it is a perfect option for those who are looking to lose weight and build muscles.
However, the next time somebody asks you, “Is moong dal good for weight loss?” Then, you can explain to them its advantages and help them understand why they should consider incorporating green gram dal into their diet.
A Magical Transformation of Punnet
Puneet Bansal is an inspiration for overweight people who wants a desired weight. It is really surprising to know how a weight loss diet plan alone can transform our looks. if you want to read his full transformation story then click to read it in the link below.
There are many low-calorie plant-based foods available in nature. So, if you are interested in finding out the list of these foods? If yes, then click here to know the low-calorie food around you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Are The Benefits Of Sprouted Moong Dal?
Ans: Here are a few benefits of sprouted moong dal:
- Good Source of Vitamin K
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C
- Rich Source of Protein
- Boosts Blood Circulation
- Rich Source of Protein
- Boosts Blood Circulation
- Helps in Digestion
- Helps in Weight Loss
Q. Can We Consume Moong Dal For Weight Loss Daily?
Ans: Yes, you can eat moong dal for weight loss on an almost daily basis. Since it is an easily digestible dal, that is also rich in protein and fiber, it’s easy on the digestive system and can be had daily. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Q. How Can A Simple Meal Of Rice And Moong Dal Make You Lose Weight?
Ans: Well, it is scientifically proven that the combination of rice and dal (lentils) is the best combination to have for dinner in order to shed those extra kilos.
Q. Is Boiled Moong Dal Healthy?
Ans: Mung beans are high in nutrients and antioxidants, which may provide health benefits. In fact, they may protect against heat stroke, aid digestive health, promote weight loss, and lower “bad” LDL cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
Q. Is Moong Dal Better Than Chicken?
Ans: A mere 1.5 cups of lentils contain just as much protein as a 3 oz chicken breast, but lentils contain the dietary fiber, copper, phosphorus, and manganese that you can’t get from meat.
Q. Is Moong Dal For Weight Loss Considered Cool Or Hot For The Body?
Ans: Like all other legumes, the moong bean is packed with nutrients and is easy to digest. So, its alkaline nature makes it the perfect cooling food.
Q. Is Moong Dal Good For Weight Loss?
Ans: Yes, moong dal is good for weight loss. Thus, has a high content of protein which keeps our metabolism up.
Contact Us Today
If you want a customized diet plan and proper guidance from our experts contact us today. Thus, we will help you to achieve your desired fitness goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.