Table of content
Did someone say gulab jamun? Well, that’s the first thing that comes to our mind every time we hear the word Jamun, because who wouldn’t mind a piece of hot gulab jamun, right? But today, let’s talk about the other Jamun which is healthy, nutritious, and definitely not sweet. We might have heard about Jamun’s benefits, from our grandparents or parents, but how often did we listen to them carefully or consider Jamun helpful for our overall health? But today after finding out the amazing benefits of Jamun for your overall health, you might consider making it a part of your regular life.
Let’s figure out how correct our older generation is!
What Is Jamun?
Jamun is a black-purple fruit, which comes from a tall Jamun tree widely found in Asian countries, especially in the south of Asia. Also, this tropical tree can live up to 100 years and has been a part of our traditional Ayurveda for years to prevent diabetes, heart disease, and many more.
Kala Jamun or Jamun in English – “Indian Blackberry, Java Plum, Malabar Plum or Black Plum”
Scientific Name Of Jamun “Syzygium cumini”
Nutritional Value Of Jamun Fruit
|Nutrients||Per 135 grams|
Black Jamun Benefits For Health [Kala Jamun Ke Fayede]
Indian blackberry, widely known as java plum, has innumerable benefits. So, here we have enlisted the numerous benefits of Jamun. Let’s learn more about this nutritious fruit.
Carries Less Calories
- Firstly, Jamun is the ideal alternative for the ones on calorie deficit diets, due to its incredibly low amounts of glucose and fructose.
- Java plum has no sugar which makes it an ideal fruit or snack for individuals who have diabetes. It is also highly recommended for those who are attempting to lose weight.
Contains Vitamin C And Iron
- One of the greatest kala Jamun benefits is, that it is an excellent source of Iron and vitamin C which boosts hemoglobin levels. Your blood will deliver more oxygen to the organs and keep you healthy as hemoglobin levels rise.
- Further, the iron present in Jamun fruit also helps to purify the blood. Therefore, Jamun has an end number of overall health benefits.
- According to Ayurveda, Jamun fruit is very beneficial in battling diabetes.
- Moreover, the Jamun fruit’s seeds contain compounds called jamboline, which decrease the rate at which sugar is released into the blood and elevated levels of insulin in the body, therefore controlling complications like frequent urination and thrust faced by diabetic patients.
- Jamun helps to cure anemia. It is because of its strong detoxifying abilities, Jamun extract is very helpful in blood purification.
- It helps to eliminate pollutants and the stress hormone from the bloodstream while also enhancing blood circulation.
- Furthermore, the high iron content also makes it a natural treatment for anemia and relief for body pain and weakness.
Promotes Weight Loss
Black Plum is perfect for all people trying to lose weight since it is low in calories and high in fiber. Therefore, It enhances digestion, by reducing your appetite, and making you feel full.
How To Consume Jamun For Weight loss?
In case, if you don’t like the taste of Jamun fruit, but want to try Jamun because of its numerous health benefits and are looking out for alternative ways how to add this nutrient packet fruit to your diet. Try Fitelo’s fun way of having it.
Jamun Shots Recipe
Enjoy today and save it for later:
Just Three Ingredients
- Jamun – 250gm
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
How To Make Jamun Shots At Home
- Firstly, Chop and deseed the Jamun and blend.
- Now add black salt and lemon juice.
- Lastly, mix and shift in a shot glass.
- Enjoy the deliciousness.
- Black plum could be used as toppings in puddings, and custards.
- You can also use Jamun pulp for making chutneys and jams.
Kala Jamun Benefits For Skin
- Treats Acne
Jamuns are particularly good at treating acne. It detoxifies the body and purifies the blood. Moreover, Jamun’s antibacterial qualities aid in removing microorganisms that cause skin acne. Hence acne, pimples, and blackheads can be effectively treated with a face pack composed of Jamun seed powder and milk.
- Softens Skin
Jamun fruit makes your skin glowy. It is enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants responsible for a healthy glow from within. So add Jamuns to your diet for optimal health.
- Removes Blemishes
This tropical fruit is packed with nutrients and minerals hence it perfectly helps in removing acne scars and pimples.
- Prevents Aging
Jamun has excellent anti-oxidant properties which remove free radicals responsible for aging of skin and wrinkles. Thus it’s absolutely great to use as an anti-aging agent.
Homemade Jamun Face Pack For Glowing Skin
- Gram Flour
- Jamun Seed Powder
How To Make It
- Firstly, dry out Jamun seeds in the sun and make a fine powder
- Secondly, add 2 tsp gram flour, 2 tsp curd, and 1tsp Jamun powder.
- Finally, mix it all well, your face pack is ready!
Other Traditional Benefits Of Jamun [Java Plum]
- In earlier days black plum was used in the form of medicine for diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Jamun fruit juice can also be used to treat sore throats.
- It is also used as an oil for dry and itchy scalp.
- Malabar plum tree roots are also used to treat seizures.
- Jamun seeds with honey help to prevent tiredness and thirst caused due to physical activity.
- Mixing java plum seeds with oil is used for treating skin problems like boils.
- Take cumin seed powder with kala Jamun seeds and black salt so as to treat acidity and indigestion.
- Take one teaspoon of honey and then Black plum juice, empty stomach every day to cure anemia, and recover from body weakness.
- Do not consume raw jamun on an empty stomach it might cause acidity and stomach pain
Side Effects Of Jamun
- Firstly, Jamun contains a whole lot of vitamin C, which might cause constipation if consumed in a larger quantity. Make sure to have it within a limit, whether in liquid form or raw.
- Any form of berries can cause skin problems like acne, and pimples if you consume them in excess.
- Many people are allergic to Jamun, also they tend to experience nausea and vomiting. It is best to avoid consuming it if you suffer from a similar condition.
- Do not consume raw Jamun on an empty stomach it might cause acidity and stomach pain.
- Moreover, keep in mind to avoid having milk, pickle, or water any of these things just after consuming Jamun as these combinations don’t go well together, and you might end up having indigestion, or gas.
Is Jamun helpful for treating PCOS?
PCOS’s major symptoms are weight gain, acne, and a rise in the level of insulin. Jamun fruit is great for weight loss because of its antioxidants and fiber properties, therefore consuming Jamun not only will help to reduce weight but will treat acne too.
Is Jamun good for the stomach?
The fiber content in jamun prevents any form of indigestion and constipation. Hence, making it a good option for battling stomach problems.
How can Jamun help in oral health?
Regular consumption of black plums promotes optimum dental health. Furthermore, the antimicrobial qualities of Jamun stop gum from bleeding and also treat ulcers.
From Our Kitchen To Yours
- Chana Chaat: High Protein Snack For Weight Loss [Step By Step Recipe]
- Chicken Nuggets Recipe: KFC Style Homemade Snack [Non-Fried]- Fitelo
- Bhindi Fry Recipe: Bhindi Ki Sabji For Weight Loss [Crispy And Crunchy]
Most people think packaged juice is a healthy alternative to cold drinks. They prefer this juice, thinking they are consuming something natural and healthy as compared to a cold drink. Agreed that package juice might have some nutrition like vitamins and minerals in it over a can of cola but they still contain a huge amount of calories that people are unaware of.
Jamun is a tropical fruit available mainly in summers. It is available all over the globe, especially in Asian countries. Jamun fruit is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, and consuming it on a daily basis is good for overall health. From hair to heart this sweet citrusy fruit is no less than a magical pill for the body, especially people trying to lose weight must give it a shot.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.