Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 70+ countries globally
- 10,000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Did someone say Gulab Jamun? Well, that’s the first thing that comes to mind every time we hear the word jamun, because who wouldn’t mind a piece of hot gulab jamun, right? But today, let’s talk about the other jamun benefits, which is healthy, nutritious, and definitely not sweet.
We might have heard about the health benefits of Jamun from our grandparents or parents. But how often did we listen to them carefully or consider Jamun helpful for our overall health?
But today, after finding out the amazing Jamun benefits for your overall health, you might consider making it a part of your regular life.
What Is Jamun?
Jamun, scientifically known as “Syzygium cumini,” is a dark purple fruit originating from the tall Jamun tree, commonly found across Asian countries, particularly in the southern regions of Asia.
It is referred to by various names, including Kala Jamun and Black Jamun, while in English, it goes by Indian Blackberry, Java Plum, Malabar Plum, or Black Plum.
Jamun is a “health ka pitara,” a delectable fruit that has captivated hearts and tastes throughout the Indian subcontinent for ages.
With its rich purple color and sweet-tart flavor, not only pleases the taste senses but also provides a wealth of health advantages. Jamun, like a hidden treasure in the world of fruits, has a rich nutritional profile and therapeutic characteristics that have made it a popular natural cure in Ayurvedic medicine.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Jamun?
In the world of jamun benefits in health, its potential to manage diabetes, boost immunity, and even alleviate digestive issues further solidifies its status as a health powerhouse.
Jamun fruit benefits, with its multifaceted advantages, promise a delicious journey towards wellness, offering a compelling reason to incorporate these Jamun fruit benefits into our daily lives for the betterment of our health and overall vitality.
Jamun and Jamun Seed powder benefits have attracted attention for their potential in diabetes control. It includes chemicals that help manage blood sugar levels, making it a helpful supplement to the diet of diabetics.
The fruit’s potential to promote insulin sensitivity can help regulate glucose levels and lower the risk of diabetic complications.
Jamun is a natural supply of iron, a necessary mineral in the formation of hemoglobin. Including jamun in your regular life can be beneficial for your diet for anemia.
Also, the use of Jamun can help improve hemoglobin levels. Include a jamun diet plan for anemia, a disorder marked by a lack of healthy red blood cells. Including jamun in your diet might help you have improved blood health.
Prevents Heart Disorders
Jamun has a significant influence on heart health. Its constituents decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of heart disease.
Jamun eating on a regular basis can help to a healthy circulatory system and general heart health, making it a tasty approach to safeguard your heart.
Promotes Weight Loss
Is Jamun good for weight loss? Yes, jamun is a helpful ally for those on a weight loss journey. Its low-calorie content and high fiber levels make it an excellent choice for curbing cravings and promoting a feeling of fullness.
Additionally, fiber supports healthy digestion and metabolism, aiding in weight management and overall well-being.
How To Consume Jamun For Weight Loss?
In case, if you don’t like the taste of Jamun fruit, but want to try Jamun because of its numerous health benefits and are looking out for alternative ways to add this nutrient-packed fruit to your diet. Try Fitelo’s fun way of having it.
Here is the easy and quick recipe of Jamun Shots which you try at home. Enjoy today and save it for later!
Jamun shots recipe
Just Three Ingredients
- Jamun – 250gm
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
How To Make Jamun Shots At Home
- First, Chop and deseed the Jamun and blend.
- Now add black salt and lemon juice.
- Lastly, mix and shift in a shot glass.
- Enjoy the deliciousness.
Tip: You can also use Jamun pulp for making chutneys and jams.
Kala Jamun Benefits For Skin
Jamun is beneficial to skin health owing to its high antioxidant content, which includes anthocyanins and vitamin C. These antioxidants protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals, minimizing symptoms of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles and increasing the skin’s natural brightness. Jamun eating on a regular basis might help you acquire a vibrant and young complexion.
Treats Acne: Jamuns are particularly good at treating acne. It detoxifies the body and purifies the blood. Moreover, Jamun’s antibacterial qualities aid in removing microorganisms that cause skin acne. Hence acne, pimples, and blackheads can be effectively treated with a face pack composed of Jamun seed powder and milk.
Softens Skin: Jamun fruit makes your skin glowy. It contains vitamin C and antioxidants responsible for a healthy glow from within. So, add Jamuns to your diet for optimal health.
Removes Blemishes: This tropical fruit is packed with nutrients and minerals hence it perfectly helps in removing acne scars and pimples.
Prevents Aging: Jamun has excellent anti-oxidant properties which remove free radicals responsible for aging of skin and wrinkles. Thus it’s absolutely great to use as an anti-aging agent.
Homemade Jamun Face Pack For Glowing Skin
- Gram Flour
- Jamun Seed Powder
How To Make It
- Firstly, dry out Jamun seeds in the sun and make a fine powder
- Secondly, add 2 tsp gram flour, 2 tsp curd, and 1 tsp Jamun powder.
- Finally, mix it all well, and your face pack is ready!
Nutritional Value Of Jamun Fruit
Here is the approximate nutritional value you get from Jamun.
|Nutrients||Value (Per 135 grams)|
Other Traditional Jamun Benefits [Java Plum]
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure: In ancient times, black plum was employed as a medicinal remedy for conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Jamun fruit juice has been used as a natural remedy to alleviate sore throats, offering soothing properties that can ease discomfort.
- The oil extracted from Jamun has been applied to the scalp to combat dryness and itchiness, promoting healthier hair and a more comfortable scalp.
- Malabar plum tree roots have been utilized in traditional medicine to address seizure disorders, harnessing their potential therapeutic properties.
- Jamun seeds, when consumed with honey, have been believed to prevent fatigue and thirst resulting from physical exertion, providing a natural energy boost.
- A mixture of Java Plum seeds and oil has been used to treat skin problems like boils, showcasing the fruit’s potential to promote skin wellness.
- A teaspoon of honey followed by Black plum juice on an empty stomach each day has been recommended to combat anemia and recover from weakness.
Side Effects Of Jamun
Jamun has many positive health benefits but you should also be aware of its side effects as well.
- Firstly, Jamun contains a whole lot of vitamin C, which might cause constipation if consumed in larger quantities. Make sure to have it within a limit, whether in liquid form or raw.
- Any form of berries can cause skin problems like acne, and pimples if you consume them in excess.
- Many people are allergic to Jamun, and also they tend to experience nausea and vomiting. It is best to avoid consuming it if you suffer from a similar condition.
- Do not consume raw Jamun on an empty stomach it might cause acidity and stomach pain.
- Moreover, keep in mind to avoid having milk, pickle, or water any of these things just after consuming Jamun as these combinations don’t go well together, and you might end up having indigestion, or gas.
A Word From Fitelo On Jamun Benefits
Jamun is a nutritional powerhouse. Jamun has a wide range of benefits, including diabetes management, heart health promotion, weight reduction assistance, and skin vibrancy.
However, it is essential to consume it in moderation and to be aware of any potential negative effects. So, for a better and happier life, try to include this nutritious fruit in your diet.
Most people think packaged juice is a healthy alternative to cold drinks. They prefer this juice, thinking they are consuming something natural and healthy as compared to a cold drink. Agreed that packaged juice might have some nutrition like vitamins and minerals in it over a can of cola but they still contain a huge amount of calories that people are unaware of.
Top 5 Success Stories – Remarkable 30-Day Body Transformations
Read these amazing 5 weight loss transformations from all over the world. These transformations are not only motivational but also stories of Women who stand tall in every situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Jamun Benefits In Weight Loss?
Yes, Jamun’s low-calorie and high-fiber content can help with weight reduction. It is simpler to regulate your calorie consumption when you have better hunger management and a longer sensation of fullness. Your attempts to lose weight can be aided by using jamun in a balanced diet.
Is Jamun Effective In Managing Diabetes?
Jamun has components that help control blood sugar levels and enhance insulin sensitivity, therefore it has shown potential for treating diabetes. However, people with diabetes must speak with a healthcare provider to figure out the best method to add jamun to their diet and keep an eye on their condition.
Can Jamun Benefits Our Skin?
Consume Jamun daily to benefit from its antioxidants, which counteract indications of aging and boost natural brightness. You can also use Jamun pulp to make DIY face masks or use Jamun oil on your skin to treat particular issues like boils or dryness.
Contact Us Today
Get in touch with our expert team at Fitelo to kick-start your transformative journey! Thus, let us guide you toward your weight loss goals and help you cultivate sustainable & and healthy eating habits. So, contact us today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with Fitelo!
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The vital thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long, happy life.