Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Nothing makes someone happier than the numbers appearing on the weighing machine when you stand on it after a long week of the diet, right? While those numbers bring a smile to your face, on other hand, they might affect your body also. So, to lose weight, you can not just restrict yourself from eating with the hopes of getting the results fast. However, a keto diet is quite a renowned diet plan nowadays that too across the world. There are also types of it according to the suitability of people. But what do you think, the keto diet plan is healthy? Well, to know read further.
What Is Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, shifting the body’s metabolism away from carbs and toward fat and ketones. Well, a keto diet is a good way out to shed weight but it is somehow, somewhere not healthy for you. However, yes, it is a good motivation to work towards a certain number, that is your weight in kgs. But what is most important is how you work and what you do to work.
Types Of Keto Diet Plan
Well, keto is a small word but is wide when it comes to its types. Let us read what they are.
1. Keto Diet For Epilepsy Treatment
This type of keto diet is the one that people do when they want to treat epilepsy.
It is also called therapeutic keto die and is the original version of keto, which was created in the 1920s to help treat seizures.
2. The Standard Keto Diet
Thus, the meals source 75 percent of calories from fat, 20 percent from protein, and 5 percent from carbs, and the carb intake is about 20 to 30 grams per day. However, this type is the best for people who want to accelerate their weight loss and tap into the other reported health benefits.
3. Dirty Keto Diet
So, this diet is somehow similar to the standard keto plan. The only difference is that the source of macros can come from any kind of food, including highly processed food and prepackaged meals. However, this diet is best for those who need a high level of convenience and lack the time for cooking and preparing meals.
4. A High-Protein Keto Diet
A high-protein diet is the type of keto diet plan suitable for the ones who want high protein to protect muscle mass, like bodybuilders and older people who need to prevent muscle breakdown. Moreover, it is also best for people who have protein deficiency. However, this diet includes a protein intake of about 30 percent of calories, with the other 65 percent coming from fat and 5 percent from carbs.
5. A Cyclical Keto Diet/Keto Cycling
This plan works like a cycle which means you stay on the diet for five days, followed by one or two days with more carbs making it easier to make the diet follow. Then people can do the intake of carbohydrates that they have been avoiding or restricting. This is helpful for the ones who want to take a break and have carbs and have time to stick to a keto diet for a long period.
6. The Lazy Keto Diet
As the name suggests, ‘lazy’ so the purpose of this diet is to make the keto diet slow and easy.
There is the counting of the total intake of carbs and is suitable for those who are interested in ketosis but don’t want to be bothered with tracking calories, protein, and fat.
7. A Mediterranean Keto Diet
Under this keto diet plan, the main focus is on the quality of fats you eat. However, the Mediterranean keto diet emphasizes monounsaturated fatty acids, which may help lower LDL cholesterol, and omega-3s. This type is best suitable for those who want a flexible approach to healthy eating that is sustainable long term and if you’re a salmon and sardines eater, this may be your favourite keto choice.
8. Keto 2.0
In this version of the keto diet, the amount of fat is decreased and carbs and protein are increased. So, the leaner cuts of meat, and seafood, and the breakdown here is 50 percent fat, 30 percent protein, and 20 percent carbs. This is best for people who want to lose weight but have a hard time sticking to the very low-carb amounts in the standard keto diet.
9. Keto Diet For Athletes
This type of diet is usually for people who are engaged in intense, muscle-building workouts or high-intensity exercise, like running, swimming, or playing tennis for hours on end.
So, the diet is given in such a way that your body is given enough carbs to fuel the workout and then you are also able to return to ketosis easily after you cool down.
10. Clean Keto Diet
In this keto diet plan, you stick to the same macronutrient distribution as standard keto but the sourcing of them will be from the healthiest versions of foods like organic, grass-fed, pasture-raised, and cold-pressed. This is best for ye people who focus on food quality and are ready for a better financial investment.
Side Effects Of The Keto Diet Plan
A healthy weight loss is when your body is not getting affected but in fact, it is getting healthier than before. While keto diet has certain major side effects that you should know.
1. Muscle Loss
- People who follow the keto diet plan for weight loss tend to lose muscle even when they continue resistance training.
- This, however, might be because of the intake of only protein and low-carb food which fails to promote muscle building.
- Further, because of losing muscle strength functional strength also decreases.
2. Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are a common side effect of the ketogenic diet.
- The Keto meal plan includes meats, especially processed meats, that increase the risk for kidney stones and gout which is a painful type of arthritis.
- Moreover, during this diet, there is a high intake of animal proteins that further makes your urine more acidic and increases calcium and uric acid levels.
3. Low Blood Sugar
- In the keto food list, there is zero carbs food, and carbs are very important as they help control blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Also, this diet might result in episodes of hypoglycemia, which is a dangerous drop in blood sugar.
4. Regain Weight
Because keto is difficult to follow, it can lead to regaining weight.
- A keto weight loss is however quick, but you can also regain it quickly.
- Also, after losing weight through the keto diet, you can regain it quickly as it is difficult to maintain.
- Moreover, for people, who have carb cravings it is difficult to follow this diet for a long period.
5. Nutrient Deficiencies
- In the keto diet, there is no intake of carbs or if there is then it is very little which further lowers the fiber in the body.
- The Keto weight loss diet does not have much potassium which leads to nutrient deficiency.
6. Bowel Problems
- When one is on the keto diet, one misses the richest sources of fiber, like beans, fruit, and whole grains.
- Also, this diet can lead to problems with constipation and diarrhoea.
- The Keto diet may also lead to fermentation of the gut causing gastrointestinal discomfort.
7. Bad Breath
During the keto diet, bad breath is quite common.
- Keto flu is a common symptom of the keto diet that causes bad breath.
- The by-product of ketosis is eliminated through the lungs which causes a bad smell in the mouth.
8. Irregular Periods
- The keto diet plan can lead to irregular periods or completely stop them.
- Also, the disruption of menstruation can lead to serious side effects and low bone density.
9. Sodium Deficiency
- During the keto diet plan, there is a reduction in insulin that further results in the loss of sodium and other electrolytes leading to keto flu and sodium deficiency.
- Also, there are long time side effects like lethargy and confusion and in extreme cases, seizures, coma, and death,
10. High Cholesterol
The Keto diet lowers cholesterol levels.
- A Keto diet plan might lower the good cholesterol and increase the bad cholesterol.
- Also, there is a risk of heart disease and stroke. So, it is important to consult a doctor before you go on a keto diet.
Normal Diet Plan For Weight Loss
Now let us read a brief about a normal diet plan and see its result practically.
Well, Fitelo never fails to give you the expected results when it comes to your health. It works totally the opposite of the keto diet. The dietitians of Fitelo customize the diet plan according to your food preferences and keep a balance between the intake of protein, fat, calories, carbs and other important elements. Moreover, there is a different plan for people with any kind of disease and you can trust them as they are not just dietitians but experts. Watch the amazing transformation from fat to fit by Fitelo.
Moreover, there are no side effects on the body and weight loss too is for a lifetime. The tips are given to maintain the weight and you can of course continue the plan according to your choice.
Is There A Vegan Keto Diet Plan?
Yes, there is and it includes a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein diet excluding all animal-based foods.
Is Keto Diet For Beginners Safe?
Although, the keto diet is safe for most healthy people. But there may be some initial side effects while your body adapts to this diet.
Who Should Not Do Keto Diet?
People who have a risk of kidney damage, heart disease, pregnant or nursing women, people with type 1 diabetes, pre-existing liver or pancreatic condition, and anyone who has undergone gallbladder removal shouldn’t choose the keto diet.
Periods are one of the top reasons for women to be proud. They have to suffer pain, mood swings and cravings during this time. These days are often crucial for women. But Fitelo cares for you. So, it has the best period foods that you should include in your diet. They will help you relax, and make your period days happy and pain-free.
Try These Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Moong Dal Bread Toast: Veg Crispy Weight Loss Snack
- Veg Burger: Make 25gm Protein Burger At Home With Rajma Tikki
- Moong Dal Recipe For Soup: Healthy And Perfect For Weight Loss
Following a diet plan to lose weight and look slim is not at all a bad idea. Yes, the keto diet is famous all over the world and billions of people follow it. But why follow such a diet which has side effects and is difficult to follow? True, keto is not bad but yes, it is harmful. It has long-term side effects as discussed and is dangerous for people with some serious conditions to follow. While a normal diet plan is far more convenient, easy, and safe to choose from. Fitelo, however, has the best dietitians, fitness experts and doctors who can guide you to the best and help you get in the shape that you want without compromising your health. As it is, slow and steady wins the race. So, it is always better to move slow for the best, healthy, and lifetime results, rather than choosing unhealthy.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.