Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
1 hour 30 mins
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of the Indian subcontinent and is a Naan variant. Kulcha is primarily a Punjabi delicacy created as a regional variation of the naan. This classic pleasure is known as “Kulcha Amritsar” or “Amritsari Naan,” which is a crisp, mouthwatering flatbread that is packed with specially selected spices and boiled potatoes. It tastes divine and looks gorgeous on the platter. It is the ideal kulcha recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Furthermore, you can eat this raw with white butter or serve this with homemade chole or dal makhani to satisfy your taste buds.
Amritsari Kulcha Recipe Preparation
- To make the dough, first, sieve the flour into a sizable bowl.
- Next, add baking soda, curd, and olive oil to it.
- Mix the flour with your fingers after adding the sugar and salt.
- To create a solid dough, combine flour with lukewarm water and start kneading the mixture.
- Gradually add water and keep kneading the dough with the palm of your hands for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, place a moist cloth over it and set it aside for 1 hour to ferment.
For inside stuffing:
- Boil the potatoes and mash them in a bowl in first place.
- Combine mashed potato with finely chopped onions, ginger, and green chilies.
- After that add ajwain and chopped coriander leaves to the mixture.
- Add all the powdered spices of your choice after that and mix them well.
Preparing Amritsari Kulcha:
- Firstly, take the fermented dough out of the bowl and knead it one final time with the palm of your hands.
- Remove the cloth and rest it for a few minutes to release the air bubbles.
- After that divide the dough into 2 halves of equal size and roll it into a ball shape.
- Afterward, flatten the ball with a rolling pin, pour a spoonful of aloo filling in the middle, and seal the kulcha well.
- Finally, roll it one more time into a paratha after dusting it with flour.
- Now that our stuffed kulcha is ready, take a non-stick pan, add olive oil, and heat it over medium flame.
- Gently place the stuffed kulcha on the tawa and cook it properly, especially the outer sides.
- Flip it over and cook the other side as well frequently brushing olive oil.
- Keep cooking until both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Finally, your delicious Amritsari kulcha is ready to serve!
- You can also add raw milk can in this kulcha recipe.
- Moreover, to get soft kulchas, let the dough ferment for at least an hour.
Kulcha Recipe Nutritional Table
|Nutrition||Value per serving|
Health Benefits Of Amritsari Kulcha Recipe
- Hunk curd is added to this recipe instead of yeast to make it less heavy on the stomach and as a result, it will improve the texture of the bread too.
- Also, ajwain has excellent healing and curative qualities. Moreover, it is well known for enhancing the digestive system and is a good source of soluble dietary fiber.
- As it is completely homemade with whole wheat flour, this kulcha recipe is a guilt-free option to consume and plan on your cheat days.
- Overall this Amritsari kulcha is advised to be consumed in moderation so that it doesn’t have any adverse effects.
Pizza And Pasta Cravings In Weight Loss?
Bakery and snack items have the magnetic power of attracting us with their smell and not to mention their taste. Ideally, it is normal to have cravings for desserts, pizzas, and pasta while on your weight loss journey. But how to combat those pizza and pasta cravings while you are watching your weight? Hence, check out the below video to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Is The Difference Between Naan And Kulcha?
Ans. While Kulcha is created by mixing homemade curd, warm milk, and baking powder with flour, Naan is made with yeast. Both naan and kulcha will have incredibly delicate textures.
Q. Is Amritsari Kulcha Healthy?
Ans. In view of the ingredients and type of cooking method used, it is not considered healthy to consume it frequently. It is recommended to have it once in a while.
Q. What Is Best To Eat With Amritsari Kulcha?
Ans. In reality, the ideal way to eat it is raw with homemade white butter, but the greatest sides to go with it are chole, mint chutney, curd, dal makhani, etc.
A sustainable diet plan is the only key to weight loss. And, our client Karishma from Delhi is proof that it will change your life. So, just Read her story and get inspired.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Beetroot Benefits: 9 Reasons To Eat This Superfood
- Diet Plan For Weight Loss: Tips And Full Day Meal Plan 
- Best Green Tea For Weight Loss: Does It Really Work?
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, you can reach out to us at +91-9402850007 for any queries.
Fitelo kitchen recipes are devised to suit specific needs. In either case, what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.