Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Did you know in the United States, National Lasagna Day is celebrated on July 29th to honor and enjoy this classic Italian Dish? Layers of pasta sheets in between the filling and sauce are the distinguishing characteristic of this recipe. In this recipe, you will explore the healthier world of this iconic dish with the art of layering, and learn the tips and tricks to make this dish a successful one when you make it at your home.
For the sauce
- Minced Lean Meat (or a meat substitute for veg option) – 250 gm
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1
- Mined Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Crushed Tomatoes – 400 gm
- Tomato Paste – 150 gm
- Olive Oil – 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Oregano – 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Basil – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the filling
- Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Lasagna Sheets (cooked according to package instructions) – 200 gm
- Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese – 250 gm
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 250 gm
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – 60 gm
- Chopped Spinach – 200 gm
- Thin Slices Of Zucchini – 1
- Thin Slices Of Red Bell Pepper – 1
How To Make Lasagna Recipe At Home?
To make a delicious and healthy Italian sheet pasta recipe at home follow these simple instructions:
1. To begin with, preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Firstly, we will start with making the sauce. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Then, add the chopped onion and garlic, and saute until they become translucent.
3. Add the minced lean meat and cook it until it is browned and properly cooked. Also, drain the excess fat, if any.
4. Once they are cooked add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the sauce becomes thick, then set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta or cottage cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, zucchini, and red bell pepper to make the cheese and vegetable mix.
6. Thereafter, in a baking dish, layer the pasta dish as follows: a small amount of sauce then a layer of cooked pasta sheets, cheese and vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, more sauce, parmesan cheese, and then repeat. Finish with a layer of the dish with sauce on top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Then, cover the baking dish with the foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes.
8. Later, remove the foil and bake for additional 10-15 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. Finally, let it cool for a few minutes before serving, and then enjoy your healthy pasta!
Here is the nutritional value of this amazing Italian dish made of whole wheat sheets. 1 serving is approximately 1/6th of a standard baking pan (9×13 inch pan).
|Nutrient||Value per serving|
Tips And Tricks To Prepare Lasagna Recipe At Home
If you are trying this recipe for the first time at home then keep these simple tips and tricks that can make your recipe a successful one.
1. Use high-quality ingredients for the best flavors such as fresh tomatoes, good-quality cheese, and fresh herbs.
2. Cook the lasagna pasta slightly undercooked (al dente) because after layering it will again cook in the oven, this will prevent it from becoming soft and mushy.
3. After cooking the pasta, make sure to rinse them in cold water to prevent the pasta from sticking.
4. Follow the classic layering sequence – sauce, pasta, cheese, and repeat. Start and finish with sauce to keep the pasta moist.
5. Allow the recipe to rest for about 10-15 minutes after it comes out of the oven. Additionally, this helps it to set and makes it easier to slice without falling apart.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipe That You Can Try
1. Whole Wheat Pasta Recipe
Pasta made from whole wheat is always a better option than the refined refined flour pasta. So, try this healthy and super easy pasta at home.
2. Cold Pasta Salad
You can make an amazing salad out of pasta, which is less time-consuming and easy to make. This healthy cold pasta salad is from our kitchen that you can make in no time.
3. Tomato Basil Pasta
If you are fond of vibrant looking pasta that has all the flavors of tomato, basil, cheese, and seasonings then try this healthy pasta.
Don’t Like Tomato-Based Pasta, Here Is A Healthy Alternative
Instead, you can have white sauce pasta, and don’t stop yourself because of its thick creamy texture. However, here is a healthier alternative. You can have this white sauce pasta as instructed by Dietitian Mac for your weight loss journey. So, cook and enjoy!
Astonishing Transformation Of Komal
Komaldeep Kaur lost 14 kg in just 90 days without exercise. Surprising, right? But this is possible with Fitelo’s customized diet plan which also includes cheat meals.
Komal approached us when she was concerned about her health and increasing weight. With the help of our expert team and her dedication, she was able to lose weight and feel confident again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Lasagna?
It is an Italian pasta dish that typically consists of layers of flat pasta sheets along with the layering of savory fillings and sauces. The layers are stacked and baked in an oven until the dish is cooked and the top layer is brown and crisp.
How Can I Make Lasagna Vegetarian Or Vegan?
To make this dish vegetarian you can omit meat and use vegetables or plant based protein sources. Moreover, for vegan alternatives use dairy-free cheese and bechamel sauce.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy at the same time then you are at the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This recipe post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live healthy, and enjoy a long, happy life.