We present to you the not-so-popular but super delicious variant of Raita- The Lauki ka Raita recipe! Lauki or ghiya is an excellent vegetable for weight loss as it is filled with water, pairing it with buttermilk will only enhance the taste and nutrition profile.
- Take a medium-sized lauki. Peel it and grate it.
- Now add the grated lauki in a deep pan along with a cup of water and a pinch of salt.
- Keep stirring the grated lauki and cook it on medium heat until it softens.
- Now strain the lauki to completely remove water from it.
- Then take some curd and whisk it to get smooth, lump-free raita-like consistency.
- Now add some water to transform the curd into raita.
- Add the grated lauki to the curd along with salt, roasted cumin powder (you can also add roasted whole cumin), and chopped green chillies. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Yummy bowl of lauki ka raita for weight loss is ready! Serve it immediately or store it in the fridge to consume later with lunch, biryani or breakfast parathas.
- Lauki that is bitter in taste is toxic to health. So always taste a bit of it before cooking or using in any recipe.
- In lauki ka raita recipe, instead of whisking the curd, you can also use hung curd or plain greek yogurt.
- In place of chopped green chillies, you can add red chilli powder.
- To make the lauki ka raita recipe tastier, sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
- You can also add fresh mint leaves to the raita.
Health Benefits of Lauki Ka Raita Recipe
- Lauki is composed of more than 90% water which makes it the ideal vegetable for weight loss.
- Moreover, Lauki or ghiya can be an excellent detox food owing to it being water-filled.
- Curd is a great probiotic food that massages the body from within by taking care of the gut.
- Ranging quite low on the Glycemic Index, Ghiya is a superfood for diabetes.
- The humble curd or dahi is rich in protein, thus it keeps the tummy full for long.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Green Chilli Benefits: 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Green Chilli
- Chia Seeds Benefits | Chia Seeds vs Flax Seeds For Weight Loss
- Fat In eggs: Everything you need to know About Eggs 
In the lauki ka raita recipe we have only told you how lauki or ghiya can help you in weight loss. Also know some more amazing benefits of lauki here.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from FITELO’S kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.