White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Today we are making Lemon rice which is really delicious. The lemon in the rice aids in the absorption of iron in your body due to its high vitamin C content.
- To make healthy lemon rice, heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Now, add the red chilies, mustard seeds, urad dal, ginger, chana dal, and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, rice, lemon juice, and salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the healthy lemon rice hot, garnished with chopped coriander.
- Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection, and builds immunity.
- Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent the common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron from the food. So if you�re iron deficient or have anemia squeeze a lemon on iron-rich recipes.
- It is prepared by mixing cooked rice with a special seasoning called Oggarane or Gojju. Characteristic for the seasoning are mustard seeds, fried lentils, peanuts, curry leaves, chilies, lemon juice, and other optional items such as scrapes of unripe mango. Added Turmeric powder gives Chitranna its yellow color. Garlic and onions are also used in the seasoning by some, although traditionally they do not form part of the recipe.
Here some of our rice recipes you can give a try
–Brown Rice Biryani
–Brown Rice dosa
Are Rice really unhealthy? Watch Dietitian Mac Singh’s video to know the shocking reality.
For any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
The dish is especially popular in the south Indian state of Karnataka, where it has become a part of the daily diet. Please make this recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.